Why no daggers?

Why no daggers?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Steinpilz.5078

Steinpilz.5078

I would love to Play my Little Asura mesmer as a Kind of [I]Arcane Trickster[/I] with 2 daggers.
But Mesmer cannot use daggers and I ask myself why not.
Elementalist and Necromant can use daggers, why not the Mesmer?
Dagger would be a perfectly suitable weapon for the class.

Why no daggers?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Mesmer melee is more of a duelist nature, so we get swords and an OH Pistol. Ele’s and Necros do not get either of those or the Greatsword. In fact, we get more weapon options than either if them do.

We can’t get everything, and I’m sure a large part of the initial decision not to give us daggers was to differentiate us from the other stealthy/tricky profession, Thieves.

That’s not to say we won’t get Daggers later though.

Why no daggers?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

More weapon options would be great but there’s already a waiting list. I’m certain mainhand pistol will be first. I’m hoping a whip or shortbow will follow. After that, we can consider daggers.

Why no daggers?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

Daggers are already one of the more popular weapons (can be used my 4 classes). Only the 1h Sword has 5.

I would personally like to see hammer or rifle get proliferated to new classes as they only have two.

Why no daggers?

in Mesmer

Posted by: SpitfireXD.3865

SpitfireXD.3865

pew pew rifle mesmer? :P sounds cool!

Dunois [Agg] Aggression
Elementalist/Mesmer of Eredon Terrace

Why no daggers?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

pew pew MH pistol mesmer sounds cooler!

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Why no daggers?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Just waiting for a different ranged mainhand. Scepter ist just...meh.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Why no daggers?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

I’ve always been a fan of knife throwing characters, so I think it would be interesting to have dual daggers but have the auto-attack be a throw. Maybe then we can get the old Illusionary Rogue back. He used to spawn and throw blinding daggers at enemies.

We’ll get new weapons eventually, and we have lots of options.

Why no daggers?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Because we got swords.

Swords > an elementalist’s kitchen knives.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.