Why should I play mesmer in pvp?

in Mesmer

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

I know I’m being salty so I apologize ahead of time, but what am I supposed to do with these “buffs”?

-Power shatter is basically dead, didn’t play one much anyway though. For boon removal I’d go to necro who can not noly remove boons, but can corrupt them.

-So maybe go condition? Again, necro has you covered, mistrust and scepter buff sound ok, but then you realize you have to give up crucial things like DE and ineptitude to get them.

-Don’t need to talk about bunkering, it was overpowered, everyone knew it, my issue is that mesmers now have an identity crisis.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I bet their plan is to let mesmers suffer for a while while we go through all of the 5 stages of grief.

1. Denial – We already went through this when we first heard of the changes coming. “Don’t worry guys, that scepter rework will be worth it!”

2. Anger – This is where we’re at right now. “This alacrity nerf is garbage! The scepter is still useless!”

3. Bargaining – We are moving into this pretty quickly. “Please Anet! Make alacrity 66% on mesmers and 33% on the party!”

4. Depression – We will get here eventually when people realize Anet isn’t going to fix this until the next quarterly patch (or the one after… maybe…) “Mesmer is broken… Guess I’ll go play another class/game/hobby.”

5. Acceptance – The final stage we will reach in 6-12 months when most of the mesmer fans have left to play other classes or even other MMOs entirely. “Anet hates us. Mesmers will always be second-rate.”

Only then will Anet finally give mesmers a buff, because by then anything will seem like a rainbow-filled explosion of ecstasy even if it’s just another 5% attack speed on staff… By depriving us in this way, they can make the tiniest, most meaningless changes seem like amazing gifts from on high.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I still play mesmer in PvP because:

• I like mesmer
  • I suck at other classes so I’m more efficient on a bad mesmer build than on a good something else

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

If I were to play PvP, I’d play Mesmer because it’s the class I enjoy. It’s a nonissue though, as I’ll be playing something else instead.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ranciddy.8243

ranciddy.8243

The only reason to play Mesmer right now in PVP is to abuse portal/moa. Any role a mesmer once had in PVP has been taken over by other classes right now.

I’ll be hanging up my mesmer (which is my main class, especially in PVP) until there is something to be excited about.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

If I were to play PvP, I’d play Mesmer because it’s the class I enjoy. It’s a nonissue though, as I’ll be playing something else instead.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

Same. Already catching on my huge back log of single player games, still debating on jumping into BnS, but I heard there is que just to log in to play?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Same. Already catching on my huge back log of single player games, still debating on jumping into BnS, but I heard there is que just to log in to play?

I haven’t hit a queue in a couple days, and it was only 15 minutes or so back when I did. The massive queues people were reporting were just startup-weekend server fires.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

They just hate us. If you enjoy other classes play them.
Else try blade and soul its awesome.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I don’t understand why everybody is so unhappy :(

They buffed rifle. Today is a great day to be alive :D

in Mesmer

Posted by: Uncle Dalty.8327

Uncle Dalty.8327

I still play mesmer in PvP because:

• I like mesmer
  • I suck at other classes so I’m more efficient on a bad mesmer build than on a good something else

I do the same… played mes since day 1… never have i been crushed so hard by every profession in the game all at the same time

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rainbowsand.2438

Rainbowsand.2438

Mesmer is the only class that haves a sPvP totally unkillable potential. Not feeding enemy a bunch of fives can turn the close game.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ananeos.4587

Ananeos.4587

Mesmer is the only class that haves a sPvP totally unkillable potential. Not feeding enemy a bunch of fives can turn the close game.

That is a very strange way to say thief.

Hailsec – Asuran Mesmer | EVOS
Zraiyya – Asuran Elementalist | EVOS
Akkodi – Asuran Engineer | EVOS

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rainbowsand.2438

Rainbowsand.2438

Thief? lol. Melee thieves instadie to a field stack and even ranged ones suffer from not having three decoys doing damage while hero himself runs around in stealth laughing his behind off.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ananeos.4587

Ananeos.4587

Thief? lol. Melee thieves instadie to a field stack and even ranged ones suffer from not having three decoys doing damage while hero himself runs around in stealth laughing his behind off.

What version of mesmer are you playing? Cause it sure isn’t post 2016.

Hailsec – Asuran Mesmer | EVOS
Zraiyya – Asuran Elementalist | EVOS
Akkodi – Asuran Engineer | EVOS

in Mesmer

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Need to get out of hotjoin man.

Devona’s Rest

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i used to be an half decent mesmer in pvp before hot, than i was the free kill for all because i didn’t get the point to be bunker and mesmer instead of damage and mesmer, and now i’ll still be the free kill for all because i was to late in jumping the bunker wagon (that any class was/is using anyway but only mesmers got punished for it).
and yet on a pure dps druids i can kill and survive more while just spamming buttons at random hoping something happens while with the mesmer i have to carefully plan a rotation for accomplishing nothing

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Mesmer

Posted by: Spanny.9256

Spanny.9256

most of the stuff i cast is pink, so.
if you get phawcked by anything pink it’s just automatically +1
so the wins really are more valuable

in Mesmer

Posted by: Spanny.9256