Will AN do some review?

Will AN do some review?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryouzanpaku.1273

Ryouzanpaku.1273

I would really love to see what they think about tons of feedback they received about last weekend.
If memory serves me well chronomancer was changed a lot after this weekend pre HoT?

Player plays the game. MetaKitten plays the DPS meter on the golem.

Will AN do some review?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I would really love to see what they think about tons of feedback they received about last weekend.
If memory serves me well chronomancer was changed a lot after this weekend pre HoT?

“This weekend” is not a very good comparison. The first Beta Weekend (with Elite specs) only had Chrono, DH, Reaper, and Tempest. It was also over 2 months before the expansion would be released.

“This weekend” is 1 month before release and has all of the elite specs, which means there’s a lot of work to be done on all of them.

The problem is also the next few weeks are going to be providing lots of bugs.

Next weekend is mount week, we’ll be seeing Hopper, Skimmer, and Jackals in addition to the Raptor (here’s hoping still-turning gets improved slightly).

The weekend after that is more of the map and some story instances (lolwat?)

So I doubt we’ll be seeing major changes before the release, but keep in mind that the bulk of the HoT elite changes were done post release, while there were some minor adjustments made before they released (they tended not to address huge issues and just kind of played around with things).

Will AN do some review?

in Mesmer

Esplen.3940

If anything I expect to see Mirage nerfs. I don’t think the spec needs it.

What I’d like to see is serious nerfs to all the HoT specs.

I don’t think that’s quite the right approach either. Mirage definitely doesn’t need nerfs in its current state and Chronomancer is in a stable position.

Nerfing Chronomancer leads to it being a useless traitline, unless your ideology is to make it equal to Mirage instead of making Mirage equal to Chrono.

And that’s not to say that Mirage needs to be as powerful as Chrono, but there should be a reason to pick Mirage over Chrono in at least one aspect of the game (hopefully more, as options and build variety tend to be signs of a healthy game).

Will AN do some review?

in Mesmer

Ryouzanpaku.1273

“This weekend” is not a very good comparison. The first Beta Weekend (with Elite specs) only had Chrono, DH, Reaper, and Tempest. It was also over 2 months before the expansion would be released.

You are probably right But would be nice to hear what AN tninks about the feedback and what are planning to do about it.

Will AN do some review?

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I doubt they will actually respond to the feedback threads, because its impractical to do so. But they are definitely reading through a lot of it.

Will AN do some review?

in Mesmer

Ryouzanpaku.1273

I do not expect them to respond to threads per se – but would be nice to have a news article/post on forums “we have read your feedback and are planning to change A,B,C on char 1, etc etc”

Will AN do some review?

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I doubt it would happen so fast. It would take them a few days to gather all the feedback for all the specs, then they would have to go through it all to determine which of it is kitten and which is valid feedback, then they would have to decide what they agree with, and how they want to address it. And they have to do it for all 9 specs. Don’t expect it so quickly.

Will AN do some review?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

It’s obvious they don’t care about feedback when unlike the previous xpac where developers made thread for feedback, in this xpac we get radio silence.

That spec test weekend was pure PR stunt to advertise their xpac, nothing more.

Will AN do some review?

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Of all the specs that I expect to be adjusted before launch.

Mirage isn’t one of them.

In my honest opinion, Mirage is lacking a “glue” to hold all the pieces together. Ambushes try to be that glue, but come in a quite a bit short of that goal.

I expect Firebrand’s tomes will be adjusted to be usable on launch. Holosmith will probably see some dialing back on numbers. Scourge will hopefully see some dialing back on its boon corruption (It’s god tier in WvW imo)

Mirage & Weaver are going to take quite a while to fix in comparison to the rest.

Mirage can sort of be patched up with straight up buffs to ambushes, but I don’t know if ANet will go that route.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

Will AN do some review?

in Mesmer

Esplen.3940

If they don’t tweak anything between now and PoF, we’ll probably get a buff a month into PoF. I highly doubt that that’ll happen, though.

Although I also doubt the changes between now and PoF are going to make a difference.

Will AN do some review?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I have very little confidence that Mirage will be fixed. In fact, I fully expect anet to nerf the specialization.

Mesmerising Girl