Will there be phantasm changes in HoT?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Like …

• … phantasms get benefits from damage modifiers on runes and sigils (NOT TRAITS!)
  • … phantasms will proc runes and sigils (but still share CD with the mesmer itself!)
  • … instead of invuln on summon / retaliation on summon -> phantasms will become invuln for 1 sec while you dodge

stuff like this.

It’s a QoL fix for mesmer in PvP and WvW but it’s so much needed for the PvE mesmer. Especially the first point is SOOOOO MUCH NEEDED right now, especially after the ranger runes ninja nerf …

opinions? greez

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

People have literally been complaining about this since the day the game came out. I know, I was there. The devs don’t give a kitten.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

Other large MMOs have figured pet classes out. ANet was smart not to include a damage meter here, saves them from balancing.

Strictly PvE;
*Phantasms should be immune to AoE damage.
*Phantasms should stick around until you leave combat, not pop when their target dies.

Is there any other class in this game that gets there damage turned off when a single mob dies? We are either struggling to get more phantasms on the board or sitting there with very little to do when we have three on the board.

I hope we either get some improvement here or they make shatter more viable in PvE…

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

Other large MMOs have figured pet classes out. ANet was smart not to include a damage meter here, saves them from balancing.

Strictly PvE;
*Phantasms should be immune to AoE damage.
*Phantasms should stick around until you leave combat, not pop when their target dies.

Is there any other class in this game that gets there damage turned off when a single mob dies? We are either struggling to get more phantasms on the board or sitting there with very little to do when we have three on the board.

I hope we either get some improvement here or they make shatter more viable in PvE…

I prefer a different route. Lower Phantasm damage dramatically, and put the phantasm’s lost damage into shatters and weapon skills. Give some extra perk for shattering Phantasms. Now we aren’t hamstrung by Phantasms anymore, and all the problems with Phantasms getting killed vanish.

(edited by Strill.2591)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

I prefer a different route. Lower Phantasm damage dramatically, and put the phantasm’s lost damage into shatters and weapon skills. Give some extra perk for shattering Phantasms. Now we aren’t hamstrung by Phantasms anymore, and all the problems with Phantasms getting killed vanish.

I would welcome a change like that too. I like the flavor that Phantasms add, I just hate feeling useless with none on the field. So shift our damage potential back to us or let our phantasms stick around.

I really like Xyonon’s suggestion about invulnerability during from dodging too.

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”

(edited by Bloodgruve.6038)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

Since in compare engi gets 20 new skills in HoT and we only get 9 i’d say suggest them to clear out phantasms for the chronomancer and replace all our 11 phantasm skills with some pve usefull skills (we’d had 20 new than too)

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]