Would anyone put a LEGENDARY GS on a mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: BankaiLEET.8204

BankaiLEET.8204

The question is very simple. It is just that I see so many guardians and warrior with twlight and sunrise and never a mesmer…I understand that there are probably more guardians and warriors in the game and that there is a motion to the attacks that make the legendary seem more worth while.

Basically, I am asking if you had a legendary GS, would you put it on a mesmer even if you a guardian and/or warrior alts?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Another Mesmer in my guild has Twilight.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: ZeroStatic.2176

ZeroStatic.2176

I would because I enjoyed the class the most.
That and I had the vague hope that they may add more mesmer specific legendary particles to attacks.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Claire.4683

Claire.4683

You need map completion for a legendary but once you’ve done that you also get the little star next to your name which doesn’t apply to your clones. So basically you get a kitten sword with the added perma target over your head as a bonus! Until it gets fixed you probably won’t see many mesmers with any kind of legendary.

in Mesmer

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

It is my desire to one day have Sunrise on my mesmer.
I don’t think I want it or Twilight on my guardian, actually; doesn’t feel like it fits the character to me.

Though the Vision of the Mists is quite appealing for mesmer, as well.

in Mesmer

Posted by: piitb.7635

piitb.7635

The problem with legendaries for a mesmer is the only 2 that look awesome are GS and sword.

But if tomorrow scepter+torch becomes the best ranged set, GS is pretty much out and you farmed up the mats for nothing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: IAmHam.9856

IAmHam.9856

The problem with legendaries for a mesmer is the only 2 that look awesome are GS and sword.

But if tomorrow scepter+torch becomes the best ranged set, GS is pretty much out and you farmed up the mats for nothing.

You can say that about every class. There’s no reason a guardian should be using a GS if they are a min/maxer… the hammer does everything better and more for the guardian. Additionally, Warrior GS is a total joke against anyone that has an “average” level of skill or above… does that stop either Warriors or Guardians from getting a legendary GS?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

Let me see … can I equip a GS? Yes, yes I can.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zexion.5842

zexion.5842

But if tomorrow scepter+torch becomes the best ranged set,

Both have been severely kittened and broken from the start. We are on month number 3 and no fix. Don’t hope for tomorrow.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

Because it looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hudry.3489

Hudry.3489

If I had a legendary GS, I would use it. However, I will never have one because I am convinced sword is a much better choice for a mesmer. To be honest I already regretted that I made vision of the mists since the last patch, I rarely equip it right not.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Okuza.5210

Okuza.5210

IMHO, Anet has shown a complete indifference to fixing major balance bugs for any class but warrior: eg. our iBerserker is now useless, they know it’s useless, a fix is trivial, they have not done a fix nor have they even announced a date when it will be fixed.

They did the same thing to Thief, though it was more deliberate there: pistol/dagger was essentially the only ranged option that had similar DPS to sbow, giving a nice quandary of “which should I use?” That quandary is the hallmark of internal balance for a class. After the dancing dagger nerf, all pistol builds are so much lower DPS than sbow that sbow is now essentially the only viable ranged option for a Thief in all situations.

Unlike Mesmer and the GS/4 bug, the Thief issue was due to a deliberate nerf that had serious consequences that obviously were either not considered at all or considered and ignored as unimportant.

Either situation is bad for legendary weapons on ANY class. It means all your work for that nice skin is highly likely to be destroyed by the Anet team without warning or consideration for the effort you put into that skin.

If you had a lot of fun acquiring a legendary, then there’s little lost when you end up never using it due to that weapon being nerfed or bugged into oblivion. However, the legendary acquisition process is absolutely the most unpleasant thing in GW2. There are zero tough battles, interesting puzzles, or amusing aspects in obtaining a legendary weapon. Literally, the only fun in a legendary weapon is in wearing it. It’s one giant legendary grind to obtain it.

So, that’s why I’ve shelved my plan for a legendary until such a time as it actually becomes legendary in anything but the grind sense AND Anet decides to make an incredibly serious ongoing effort to squash class bugs and maintain the internal weapon balance for each class. Then and only then does it become “safe” to obtain a legendary.

Actually, with their current lack of interest in bug fixing and internal class balance, it’s not really even safe to pick a main class to focus on gearing. Mesmer had it’s DPS so severely impacted just by the deliberate blindness/phantasm nerf that it doesn’t make sense to play it until the issue is addressed (more on that in a different thread).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phantasy.1087

Phantasy.1087

a mesmer in my guild has bolt

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

With how bugged out the GS is right now… no. If they fix it… yes. One of the cool little things about legendary GSs on mesmer is that you throw a version of that instead of the normal mirror blade.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

i would put one if it wasn’t of that waste of time karma farming. have fractal gs on mine so that’s enough.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Creature.4038

Creature.4038

I definitely would, and ive seen a mesmer with it had one with sunrise in my fractal group and the animations look atleast as good as warrior or guardian if not better

in Mesmer

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I’m working on sunrise. I’m a mesmer. It will look awesome.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: little.6509

little.6509

The question is very simple. It is just that I see so many guardians and warrior with twlight and sunrise and never a mesmer…I understand that there are probably more guardians and warriors in the game and that there is a motion to the attacks that make the legendary seem more worth while.

Basically, I am asking if you had a legendary GS, would you put it on a mesmer even if you a guardian and/or warrior alts?

My guardian was my main, he has 100% map completion and all my titles and stuff, however I now have sunrise on my mesmer, I have traded it between the characters to test it out on my guardian, but I am keeping it on my mesmer

4 legendary weapons > 1
After Makeover

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cotillion.7435

Cotillion.7435

Kind of kitten working towards a sunrise myself.

I have already resigned myself to the fact that I did not roll a warrior, he that rests on high at the right hand of the father, most beloved of the beloved.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Monztor.9207

Monztor.9207

I love sunrise and all, but I’m personally working on bolt

in Mesmer

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Yeah, the way Anet does has handled balance I am nervous about going for a legendary for a character I am going to be PvPing with a lot. I was initially going for Volcanus for my Mesmer (while still considering which Legendary to go for the looks), but luckily for me they implemented the big Phantasm/GS nerf before I actually put anything together or soul/account bound anything.

Chasing after other exotic skins has come to a halt as well as my work towards a Legendary, since the exotics won’t even be max stats on an arbitrary date. At least Legendary weapons are likely immune to the treadmill…..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

Seen a couple of Twilights and one Sunrise, prefer sunrise myself. I was lucky…or unlucky, and found a Storm, using it as a means to make the gift of might and magic, gather mystic clovers…etc. If I come across another precursor or they implement the scavenger hunt thing for them, I may change to another. As it stands, I’m working towards making a Meteorlogicus…it’s a pretty lovely legendary; lacks anything specials like swinging animation, footsteps, ability animation changes, character modification and our skill set is lackluster with scepters…but it sure looks pretty.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phira.3970

Phira.3970

Twilight looks amazing on mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chriswck.6490

Chriswck.6490

Twilight looks amazing on mesmers

kittenDGGEEEE, that looks awesomee!! Purple Spatial Surge Beeeeam

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I now have sunrise on my mesmer, I have traded it between the characters to test it out on my guardian, but I am keeping it on my mesmer

Legendaries are soulbound on use?

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Mesmer

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

ok — so in that twilight video, do the clones have the black spooge by their feet when they move in for a shatter?

It probably doesn’t matter as clones don’t move otherwise. If the mesmer moves it’s a give-away, but black at your feet is sort of advertising it more imo.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Mesmer

Posted by: little.6509

little.6509

I now have sunrise on my mesmer, I have traded it between the characters to test it out on my guardian, but I am keeping it on my mesmer

Legendaries are soulbound on use?

With a few transmution stones, that can be altered :P

and yes yes, people always yell at me telling me now it’s not legendary status, and now it won’t upgrade when ascended weapons come out, and I have three answers to that :

1- All of the grinding and work I did was for the weapon skin- not the pretty purple name.

2- When ascended weapons come out, I will get one and use another stone, not a problem.

3- Anet claims they are working on this to be a fix, however we will never know how long this will take