Would love to see a pistol - pistol mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

I think a dual pistol wielding Mesmer would be something interesting for A.Net to look into. I can see a variety of conditions, damage, boon Strip that could be done with this type of build.

What do others think?

in Mesmer

Dusty Moon.4382

And with the new Grandmaster traits, I could see some REALLY INTERESTING builds being put together.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raunchy.6891

Raunchy.6891

I think shortbow would be a more fun addition that could even give WvW mesmers a zerg friendly weapon, but hey to each his own.

in Mesmer

Dusty Moon.4382

I think shortbow would be a more fun addition that could even give WvW mesmers a zerg friendly weapon, but hey to each his own.

With the limit of range on the shortbow it limits it, 900 vs 1200. That is why I think this is better, also the bounce damage could be fun.

in Mesmer

Dusty Moon.4382

I would continue with the off-hand pistol skills but for main hand (something like this).

Blunt Bullet – causes confusion
Ether Bullet – causes damage
Bullet Clone – causes damage and creates a clone that shoots ether bullets at foe

Ripping bullet – removal of boons

(Chill of Slowing) bullet – slows movement and skill recharge

in Mesmer

Posted by: salaman.7913

salaman.7913

I would want to see Dagger/Dagger Mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ledriel.5814

ledriel.5814

Would love to see Sword/Sword Mesmers… I mean, come on, sword offhand can easily replaced by everything. (except one specific build that is going to be spoiled after the patch)

in Mesmer

Raunchy.6891

@Dusty Moon
That’s 1200 traited. Which I think is only useful if you don’t need Deceptive Evasion, which is a rare case.

@ledriel
Sw/Sw is seen in pve sometimes with bosses that don’t have much aoe. You will never really see it in wvw but with the new lockdown trait we might see it a bit more in spvp.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ledriel.5814

ledriel.5814

@Raunchy
Wouldn’t a revamp on offhand sword along with the new traits be good? And by a revamp I don’t mean buff, I mean to give us a better reason to use them and see them in wvw more often! (Should I start such a topic after the new builds take place or they’ll consider me as a troll?)

(edited by ledriel.5814)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

As for a pistol main hand I would rather see it not become a scepter clone (no pun intended) Dusty might be borrowing a couple of skill names.

1- Arcane Shot (has a flanking damage bonus)
Ether Shot (has damage bonus based on number of illusion active)
Disarming Shot Weakend the Target
2- Cheap Shot fires a shot that transfers one condition from the mesmer to the target while stealing (or removing) one boon; deals extra damage to boonless targets.
3-Illusionary Pistolier Clone that uses the Arcane shot chain

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

Shortbow staff; double legendary rainbow. I would farm those up if I could make it happen. If they give us a shortbow though, are you sure it won’t be a melee weapon for mesmers?

in Mesmer

Raunchy.6891

@ledriel
Most pvpers have the impression that offhand sword is in a good place, and I would have to agree. It’s a very good dueling offhand with lockdown potential so I don’t see it being changed anytime soon.

@DuckDuckBOOM
I lol’d. Seriously though I would love to use a shortbow.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I’ve been hoping for pistol for a mesmer mainhand ever since the launch. Illusionary gunslinger, yes please.

in Mesmer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Pistol would be good for sure…Quip would be fun to use as a main weapon but I’d give anything to be able to pew-pew with a Brony bow as a Mesmer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

Need curved bullets.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xovian.8572

Xovian.8572

I’ve had Lyss and Ilya for quite a long time. I’ll be glad when i can equip them both at the same time.