Wow that 3 button really doesn't do anything

in Mesmer

Posted by: Limpooka.7918

Limpooka.7918

I’m always a little sceptical when I read peoples’ reactions to patch notes. Basically no-one likes change and there is always an influx of people complaining – see the thief forums after the 3 button was ‘fixed’ on short bow (hmmm another 3 button fix… wonder if it is a thing). I didn’t think that ‘fix’ was anything to complain about…. but this sword fix is a mess.

I’d say 80% of the time you hit iLeap and no clone appears at all. Then the clone switch doesn’t work because of the recent ‘fix’. So basically the button is redundant.

Could you please now fix the fix? I don’t mind changing up my game to make sure I switch before the clone dies, but this is just not fair.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Hrm, while I am quite aware of the change, I can’t say it affected how I play in any significant way. And I don’t get that “The clone never appears”. Very rarely, when at the edge of the 600 space, the target is outside of 600 the moment the clone wants to appear (and hence it fails).

That is a minor case.

Not saying that I like the change, but we’re not doing ourselves any favours with the blatant exaggerations.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

It’s not a case of you moving outside the range during the cast and thus failing to summon the clone. There is a small range past 600 where there is no red bar below the skill yet the skill will activate and of course – fail. It’s a bug, nothing less.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dracatis.1908

Dracatis.1908

600 range is stupidly short too, it would be nice if they gave it like 900 range so we have a decent non-blink method to catch up to a runner. I mean that IS the whole intended purpose of this skill, slow someone down so you can melee them and yet you had one simple job and you’ve failed me so spectacularly clone, now even more…

“We are the makers of the music, we are the dreamers of the dream”
-Willy Wonka(Gene Wilder)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Not that the skill would work with 900 range. Seems like its just another opportunity for the clone to hit an incline and stand there to scratch its butt before it gets rolled over by a zerg and does nothing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: BooHud.2681

BooHud.2681

hmmm …. what would Brian Boitano do?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

hmmm …. what would Brian Boitano do?

he’d spin on his toe counter clockwise three times and have an omelette ready to eat on a plate in his hand by the time he stopped rotating.

obviously.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sharkey.9805

Sharkey.9805

600 range is stupidly short too, it would be nice if they gave it like 900 range so we have a decent non-blink method to catch up to a runner. I mean that IS the whole intended purpose of this skill, slow someone down so you can melee them and yet you had one simple job and you’ve failed me so spectacularly clone, now even more…

Actually, the intended purpose was to emphasize the misdirection aspect of the class by letting players swap with the illusion, making it more difficult to decide which one to attack.

They let up on that concept around the time the later press builds and weekend betas started up, probably because

1) experienced players would be able to tell the difference between a player and the pathing algorithm, and
2) enemy players were given an obvious tell for when the mesmer was swapping with the illusion.

We got the gap-closing part when it became clear that players could hard counter mesmers by running away. First as an AoE cripple that persisted a couple of seconds around the mesmer after the swap was triggered, and eventually as a full-on root that only occurred if the swap actually worked, the illusion didn’t path away from the enemy, and the enemy didn’t move away from the illusion at all.

Thus solving the problem in its entirety now and forever more tenouttaten clase cosed

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kadj.6725

Kadj.6725

Oh man, today I experienced a whole new world of this skill being crap.

1. I pressed 3. Clone summoned okay.
2. Clone successfully pathed to the enemy.
3. Pressed 3 again.
4. Clone appeared at my location, but I didn’t move at all, and now I had a clone stuck on the spot where I was standing. The enemy I was fighting then walked over and punched me in the face.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ramiel.4931

Ramiel.4931

Working as intended. – ANet

in Mesmer

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

the way the sword works now is unusable. vs any class playing almost any spec they kill the clone by accident with no target. any kind of engi/ele just spamming ground circles.. hambow(using the hammer or the bow). necros anything with a staff.. i guess you could use it if you 1v1 thieves and powerrangers allday.. but its real garbage.. if you push a button that should teleport you to your target imob stunbreak and it dosent happen you lose those… but you also lose the blurred frenzy that you were trying to teleport for. so you just got screwed.. if this even happens in 25 percent of the fights it is too much. seeing as the ground pathing is horrid and it is the most telegraphed move mesmers have.

the only way we had to avoid people dodge rolling the leap was to stall until the roll was over then swap. that option is gone.. plus any of the benefits the button brought to the fight.