[WvW] A F*** Condi thieves build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dahitman.3102

Dahitman.3102

Alright, you kittening perplexity condition thieves. Valar morghulis.

Check it out: kitten Condi Thieves

Generally speaking, it’s melandru runes, -36% condi food. Combined together with a condi applying phantasm (pistol 4) and scepter torch for confusion damage. Along with a little bit of interrupt(stun: pistol 5, domination signet) to catch them before a Heart Seeker through smoke fields.

And of course, the key utility that makes this build work is mimic, it reflects projectiles for 4 seconds, throwing it back isn’t really useful, but those 4 seconds where you know they will try to throw stacks on you, that’s the time for mimic.

And finally the stat breakdown:

PWR: 1470
TUH: 1535
HP: 17932
CRIT: 56%
CONDI: 1359

This build isn’t fool proof, only works if you out play the thief, via interrupting heals. It is vulnerable to hybrid and backstab thieves.

If anyone has a better, less squishy build and more roam friendly one, please feel free to let me know.

Also, dual energy sigils are probably better than malice.

==============

I’m on IOJ, mesmer O P Thrice, if you want to use your condi thief as a test either via Edge of the mist or the current matchup, give me a whisper/mail.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

Um.

Honestly, the only thing you need to deal with p/d condie thieves is either a pDisenchanter and a bit of smart play or a traited focus.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dahitman.3102

Dahitman.3102

Um.

Honestly, the only thing you need to deal with p/d condie thieves is either a pDisenchanter and a bit of smart play or a traited focus.

I’m specifically talking about those perplexity rune condi thieves with 5 stack of torment on steal. Holy kitten are they annoying, stealth to shoot you with ALL conditions except fear and runs back to stealth. Not just common condi thieves that comes dime a dozen and apply a bunch of bleeds .

pDisenchanter doesn’t work well cause they can just kill it, plus it removes only 2 stacks while the thief applys much more, bleed, torment, confusion, cripple, poison, etc.,

Traited focus for reflect is nice but it’s such a gimmick that has little damage input compared to the defense, since the time it takes for the phantasm to walk to the enemy and spin up, the thief is already back in stealth. The reflect is only one direction, the thief steals to you while you’re standing stationary behind the curtain, leaves room for more conditions via poison AOE via SB 4 or trap on dodge.

in Mesmer

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

This build won’t kill full dire p/d teefs of any variety, assuming they run shadow’s embrace. They can always stealth off your clones, and you don’t apply conditions fast enough to burst them down.

To be honest, I doubt any condi mesmer build can reliably kill a dire p/d teef, skill being roughly equal. At best, you’ll tie after an extended fight, and at worst, they’ll stealth off your clones and make you play to their rhythm, eventually killing you when you mess up.

Second Child

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Doesn’t reflect completely shut down a p/d condi thief? We mesmers have plenty of it.

With stealthy thief, u’r gonna have a hard time pumping out clones to deal conditions to him with clone-death traits.

Also, have u tried using pDisenchanter by yourself? The phantasm is super sneaky and on fairly short CD.

Your choice of Mimic is nice though. Maybe use Mirror heal as well?

(edited by keenlam.4753)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Trouble with poultry soup and melandru is they’ll just run away even more easily. Don’t get me wrong – I love that combo, but kind of needs a focus for speed and reflect, or have to be pigeonholed into rune choice. They might not kill you, but I can’t imagine you’d be killing them much either – I can’t test it so this is just guessing on my part.

But yes I understand the frustration. In order of annoyance, those particular p/d condition thieves are #1, with stunlock tank warrior #2 and PU condition mesmer #3.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

The trouble with mimic is that the initial hit goes through, thus it becomes a chance to be interrupted. Anyway, great utility but hate that interrupt.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Feaduin.7603

Feaduin.7603

I have always found power builds better for countering thieves of any variety, you need to be able to burst them hard when they come out of stealth. For dueling I like sw/pistol sw/sw, for general roaming I run gs sw/pistol. Once you get two duelists out the fight is pretty much over vs. most thieves.