WvW Mtd build best runes

WvW Mtd build best runes

in Mesmer

Posted by: jadak.9157

jadak.9157

Hi guys. I’ve been searching a lot for mdt builds since I love the idea of condition shatter, and saw very interesting posts about it. I just want to ask a few questions about runes.
In WvW I roam alone mostly of the time or in a group of 5 more ppl, but most of the time alone. The question is; Traveler runes are a must to roamers in WvW but with it won’t we lose to much condi damage?
I already have a rabid set with perplexity runes but I want to buy a dire set, idk it feels wrong all that precision in a condi build. Which rune set suits better a mtd build?
One last thing, I’ve been using a 0/4/4/0/6. I think is the same as messiah use. I don’t know if it’s the strongest one or not, still very knew to this type of build =)

Thanks in advance any help you can give guys. If you need you know anything else just tell me. =)

WvW Mtd build best runes

in Mesmer

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

Well, the precision is helping you get Sharper Images bleed stacks from your clones.

Try it in the silly little SPvP practice area and you can judge for yourself whether it’s worth the tradeoff.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

WvW Mtd build best runes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

I don’t think Travelers is a must. I run dire w/travelers, but only because Perplexity was too expensive. ;-) I would run it and swap in focus for OOC mobility. Between MI and Blink you can usually get away from bads, and Travelers usually doesn’t allow you to get away from good players anyway. Good Thieves, Rangers, Eles, Warriors and even Guards are often able to run me down eventually despite Travs, 3x stealth, etc.

Besides, it’s usually not 1v1s you’re trying to run from, so chances are you will have 2+ people chasing you, and one of them is bound to be a Thief/Ele/War. Without proper use of geography you won’t get away from them often anyway, and for that you don’t absolutely need Travs. (but sure it increases the odds of getting away by a bit)

WvW Mtd build best runes

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i dont use traveler rather perplexity or torment etc.
if they run from me i call it a win and usually i like them to chase me instead
as state above many class you wont be able to catch even with traveler
and if you run with group use theirs swiftness

the stornget build is 2,4,2,0,6 with cripple . so if you time it right your enemy wont be able to run aways if a clone stand nect to him so create more clones so it get killed – take practice to do that.
0,4,4,0,6 give you more staff ability or stunbreak
0,4,2,2,6 gives you more condi cleanse
0,4,0,4,6 give little bit more condi dmg and clease

most agreesive build is without staff rather sword pistol then use 0,6,2,0,6

WvW Mtd build best runes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

In PvP, I use nightmare runes. In WvW, I use centaur runes (although I wish I could use a better-suited rune) because ooc-mobility is much more important there. But imo, it’s the only real option. Mobility is higher with centaur than with traveler imo, and the power still adds more to my damage than traveler would. But yeah… I really wish there would be a rune that grants swiftness on heal with condition-damage as a main stat (and possibly condi-duration as a secondary).

WvW Mtd build best runes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nazer.7301

Nazer.7301

I use rabid, double doom/energy, travelers, 0/4/4/0/6 for non boon rip and 4/4/0/0/6 for more team spvp fighting. Tried all the other combos and I prefer these. As a side note I have been obsessed with Mtd since its arrival so I have a lot of hours on it, both wvw solo roam and spvp.

WvW Mtd build best runes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Westibone.3985

Westibone.3985

I have two Rabid sets: one with Perplexity and one with Traveler’s. I prefer the Traveler’s. Since you are already going full points in illusions, the loss of Condition damage is not as big a deal as it would be in, say, a PU build. The quality of life is just so much better with the speed in my opinion. I use both 2/4/2/0/6 and 0/4/4/0/6

WvW Mtd build best runes

in Mesmer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

For me there is no other viable WvW roaming rune than travaler in a condition build. The reason is simply the mobility. It also adds 10% condi duration, so condi builds have still some advantage from using it.

Centaur is okay on a power build. Especially if you have two centaur mesmers teaming up^^

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

WvW Mtd build best runes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Traveler. You can’t shatterspike what you can’t catch. Typically 0/4/4/0/6, for me. Rabid, Dire trinkets.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

WvW Mtd build best runes

in Mesmer

Posted by: jadak.9157

jadak.9157

First of all thank you for all your replies, all the help is very appreciated. =)
I’m in doubt wether I choose tormenting or traveler rune, I think it’s a personal choice now, dunno if that 20% of torment uptime is really worth.

Again thx for all your help guys this is what I love in our community, the way ppl help each other. =)

WvW Mtd build best runes

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

i use torment because i used it before the mtd introduction… but now go for perplexity or any other rune you like.
torment rune add 45% duration and not 20% so with food you get 85% duration so if your enemy lack of cleanse let him run away and kill himself with 12 sec torment doing 5k-15k dmg

WvW Mtd build best runes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Honestly, I’m not particularly enthused by any of the standard choices. Perplexity are okish, torment are also okish…travelers are just a waste of rune slots. Undead are for maximum condition damage, but they’re pretty boring. I’ve been considering tossing on melandru just for that crazy disable/condition mitigation and taking the hit to condition damage.

WvW Mtd build best runes

in Mesmer

TyPin.9860

travelers are just a waste of rune slots.

I really disagree. At least for WvW roaming. Th ooc and in combat mobility is very strong. The stats are a waste, I agree, but the condition duration still is a benefit…

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

WvW Mtd build best runes

in Mesmer

Posted by: AnniMira.2506

AnniMira.2506

Speed booster gives +15% speed – better than nothing and you may take better runes. Traveler gives +25% which may not be enough. Focus 4 gives proper +33% but is rather short time compared to that of enemies who chase you half of the map.

WvW Mtd build best runes

in Mesmer

TyPin.9860

At least I can’t live without the 25% speed boost from traveler runes any more. Yes there might be better runes stat wise, but especially repositioning in stealth is so much easier, if you are faster. I tried with other runes… and it was just painful to walk so slow. Even if that means giving up on dmg or defensive stats/effects… I can’t play without that speed any more without going crazy about how slow the normal speed is…

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe

WvW Mtd build best runes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nazer.7301

Nazer.7301

I really disagree. At least for WvW roaming. Th ooc and in combat mobility is very strong. The stats are a waste, I agree, but the condition duration still is a benefit…

I agree with TyPin on this as well, if we are talking about WvW roaming. Travelers is a strong choice not a waste. Positioning and mobility are huge factors for any build. Most of the mesmers on this thread that are active roamers are saying the same thing. The exception being messiah whom I respect a lot due to the fact that he/she has been a huge supporter of MtD since it was 1 stack.

WvW Mtd build best runes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

If for you roaming is about killing people, facing 1vsX, going with your friends ganking enemies… Travelers are a good option, as much as Perplexity, Torment…

If for you roaming is more than that, taking several camps before the tick, killing dolyaks around the map, building ninja catas, defending any structure… Then anything but traveler is a waste of rune sets.

Condi shatter builds have plenty of ways to inflict different conditions and also spikes of them. Adding extra conditions sources doesn’t have a big impact in these builds.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

(edited by Ansau.7326)

WvW Mtd build best runes

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

I agree with TyPin on this as well, if we are talking about WvW roaming. Travelers is a strong choice not a waste. Positioning and mobility are huge factors for any build. Most of the mesmers on this thread that are active roamers are saying the same thing. The exception being messiah whom I respect a lot due to the fact that he/she has been a huge supporter of MtD since it was 1 stack.

thanks!
i have tried travelers on my earlier pu condi when i felt it was needed. but now with mtd shatter and my habit to not roam rather let enemies find me next to their camp and home base i dont need the speed boost anymore. in tier 1 also the zerg feast is killing any decent chance of roaming.
in wvw where you can get higher state even with traveler its recommended but in pvp hardly

WvW Mtd build best runes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

Running without mobility in WvW is basically asking for death — which is why we’re so crippled in terms of having more varied builds because we almost always have to use travelers whereas other classes pull mobility out of their wazoos…

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

WvW Mtd build best runes

in Mesmer

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

Aha, now we’ve bumped into the difference between doing-stuff roaming and having-a-fight-in-the-woods roaming. >.>

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

WvW Mtd build best runes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

Maim/torment is great for roaming play because, well, you’re roaming. Everyone should be moving. Generally, if I get the jump with this build, I will win. Even in the 2v1s I’ve had. The weapon set may look strange, but it allows for a lot of finesse and a lot of burst, whether from direct damage or conditions. Did someone just dodge your scepter block and confusing images? Pistol summon, stun, swap to sword immob and blurred frenzy. If you have clones out shatter and there’s some residual damage. Pistol stuns and Diversion allow for great procs of the perplexity runes.

A lot of people don’t like Rampager’s armor. It adds some power punch, but it really augments all of the damage that the pistol phantasm can do, making the most out of it with power, and sharper images.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhUQRAsf7alknpRtlqxMNcrNiqBh6t0mhSyAsgSWitB-T1iFABqpNQhHAQKq/MsSMAUCSlyjL0IA8+DnpD4gjAQCnEAA-w

When I happen to have a partner or a small group (very rare on Fort Aspenwood, with very large groups often running around), I run the following — it’s mildly tweaked from above, gear-wise:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhUQRAsd7alknpGtNqxMNcrNitxY6NiIjTWzKlMghB-TFjFABqpJQhHAQKq/MsSs10CAgSQqUechGBg3f4MdAHcEAS4kAAA-w

Frequent pistol stuns/focus pulls offer plenty of interrupts to tie people up for your team, proc confusion, and might stack to make all of the damage you’re doing way stronger. Reflects from the focus make you more defensive versatile.