[WvW-Postpatch]Zerg sniper build

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Sorry if you seen this somewhere before, but I feel like posting this at other place can be a bit derailing to their topic. So I’ll make a topic here to get some feedback about this build. Because I’m lazy and I just posted similar stuff before I’ll just copy it here

This is the full mantra build I came up with couple of weeks ago, more useful when stacking with pug commander (when you’re not running with guild and lack the role to gank backlines).
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQJAWRl0npYtloxGNcrNiphcqqkOwhBle0lFA-TVCBwA5UX4sSQsKDAcJA8q0DnKNeeCAO3fQvuASBExwI-w
As you can see I balance zerker/soldier/cavalier to achieve 2432 power (plus 250 from npc kills), 2438 armor, 18222hp (plus 2500 from npc kills), 50% crit chance and 209% crit damage, so damage wise isn’t too bad.

With protective mantra I can achieve 3k total armor when channeling mantra (equivalent of support guard in knight armor), which channeling MoP will probably take up most of my time when my weapon skills are in CD. The channeling in this mantra build can make it awfully boring in zerg, but 2.7k power, 3k armor, 20k hp, 50% crit chance and 209% crit damage is really really high in mesmer standard, almost the same as what you see in warrior.
——-
Your job is to stay at midline, avoid people ganking the backline or CC load in the front line. Your weapon and utility skills have a rather long range and can avoid reflect. Maybe not too far from utility bot, but more offensive utilities than purely VEIL! VEIL! VEIL!

MoR provided 7.5k healing and 6 condition removals. This is kind of stating the obvious but unlike other healing skills we can adjust how much we want to heal. Just need to be careful when you have full condition set on you covering your poison. Those covering conditions can potentially make all your healing reduced by 33%.

MoP will be roughly 1k damage (2k-2.3k crit damage) when you have guard killers and 3+ might from weapon swap. So ideally 3 charge attacks give area 6k damage in just 3 seconds. Not bad in tagging or damage. Best of all people can’t walk away from the damage like in AoE circle.

MoD has 5s interval of stun/dazing opponents, aim for the enemy cmdr when stability isn’t on and you’re likely to get 2 people stun. This is helpful in disrupting your opponent when they’re stacking and with multiple mesmers doing this we can get a long tail at enemy zerg. During MoD’s 24s recharge you can use weapon skills to do damage or further CC.

Veil can be changed to mantra of stability if you’re unsure about this lack of stun breakers. If you’re zerg already have other mesmers using veil then by all means go for some form of stun breakers. I mentioned mantra of stability because it’s a 3 times stun breaker, even though the short duration makes it less reliable in stability.

Mass invisibility is more of your last escape if your zerg lost the battle. Why? Because this build lacks flexibility and is very much tied to the zerg. If you’re zerg if failing then you severely lack the ability to escape. But ofc we all want to win the battle or fight to the last man so you can swap to time warp if you want.

Probably most of the time you’ll be charging mantras, this is where protective mantra truly shines compare to deceptive evasion. DE isn’t the best skill to use when in zerg and protective mantra makes you awfully tanky when charging it. Just think about 3k armor, Mesmer dream! You, however, need to avoid cc while charging mantras, that means stay out of warriors and static field.

Please give your feedback on this build, it helps me improve it or at best know its weakness more. I know channeling mantra is a really boring process but I’d like to know more :P

(edited by NICENIKESHOE.7128)

in Mesmer

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Just give people a little idea on how wide is mantra AoE is, see 2:26-2:31 for MoP’s 240 range. Also see 2:31 to 2:37 for MoD’s 180 range. Would you guys think this range is sufficient for zerg?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu-cKaSZbnQ

in Mesmer

Posted by: dandamanno.4136

dandamanno.4136

Just give people a little idea on how wide is mantra AoE is, see 2:26-2:31 for MoP’s 240 range. Also see 2:31 to 2:37 for MoD’s 180 range. Would you guys think this range is sufficient for zerg?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu-cKaSZbnQ

MoP is the same range as Chaos Storm (240) so it’s good. MoD 180 will be much less good, but I look forward to testing out this build or something similar come 9/9.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

looks like a really solid build….hope it proves effective. would be great to have a combat role, again.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Id drop all that wasted soldiers for zerk. Positioning is the only thing that’s going to keep you alive if something goes wrong.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Id drop all that wasted soldiers for zerk. Positioning is the only thing that’s going to keep you alive if something goes wrong.

Basically this. In a zerg environment, you can be as bunker as you want. If you get caught in the melee train, you’re dead meat as a Mesmer and mostly any other profession than Guardian and Warrior, no matter how much you try to tank it up. We can escape out of it once in a while, sure, with Distortion and Blinks, but that’s about it. Positioning is key for prolonged zerg encounters.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in Mesmer

Posted by: Malakin.2809

Malakin.2809

Zerker is better as long as you don’t care about being one shot by backstabbing thieves.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Zerker is better as long as you don’t care about being one shot by backstabbing thieves.

As opposed to two shotted with a couple soldier pieces…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

As this is a full ranged build, yes you don’t need that much defensive stats. Personally I’d change armor to valkyrie and weapons to zerker. 16k of base health is prety low for a profession that doesn’t have healing skills apart for #6.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

(edited by Ansau.7326)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

VERY similar to what I’m thinking!
Though I can’t decide between 6 in Domination for the stun chance or only 4, then putting 2 more in Inspiration to pick up heal on mantra charge.

My experience is that the mantra heal is very strong, made better by the near-constant mantra charging.

The other thing I’ll need to test out is the impact of 3 mantras in a build. It’s nice to go “all in” and reap those tasty trait benefits one more time, but 3 mantras is nearly 9 seconds of constant charging… Every time I’ve tried it before, it felt like too much, where 2 felt much more workable.

Those are definitely the first things I’ll be testing when the patch hits!

Otherwise, love your build and thinking the same thing!

in Mesmer

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Thanks for all the valuable feedback fellas! Greatly appreciated! It makes perfect sense that positioning is more important than tankiness. And you do have a scary power if go full zerk, almost hitting 3k power with guard killers and 3+ might from weapon swap (see below).
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQJAWRl0npYtloxGNcrNiphcqqkOwhBle0lFA-T1BBwAYV+B4SAgT9HPPBg86CKu/wZlgkCIihRA-w

However, there’re 2 reasons why I refrain from going full zerk. It really depends on the matter of taste and I felt that no one is wrong here.
1. When commander is asking to push, the melee line will try to scale pass AoE spams. Being a range unit I don’t have to take as much hits, but when enemies are pushed further I’ll have to walk into several AoEs to reach them. Same thing when enemies are pushing our zerg they’re range unit is likely to spam AoE behind us, so having some toughness can at least mitigate that damage (even better when have MoS to avoid getting caught in CC spam).
2. MoP/Power spike scales quite bad with power. Even with 250 more power my power spike only increased damage by 50 (so about 100-200 extra crit damage). So I feel that investment would probably pay off more in 600 extra toughness and 200 extra vitality. Again if you think we won’t take as much damage you’re perfectly right.

I do, however, really like 20% increase in critical chance and 15% increase in critical damage. Since I have full zerk on me right now I’ll probably test out with full zerk first, then see how much soldier gear I need to add to survive.

I just wish CS would pays off despite its conflicting nature xD. 2 man stun from 1200 range isn’t too bad, even better if they panic and burn off stun breakers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

I would probably go with Assassin gear mixed with Knight, you can easily achieve 100% crit chance with foods and buffs. Then your Power Spike will hit really hard.

in Mesmer

NICENIKESHOE.7128

So by taking keenlam’s advice I randomly mix zerker/assassin/knight and made a high crit build without losing too much toughness or power.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQJAWRl0npYtloxGNcrNiphcqqkOwhBle0lFA-TFTEwAvUXwpSCoKFAcBA0qEswhAYpygoKxi8EAupSDbdB42fgUAjKMC-w

80% crit chance after 25 stacks of precision, and 100% crit chance when proc runes of pack on hit effect. And with 5 guard killers and 3+ might (observed by adjust to 10 might in build editor) you still achieve 2650 power. Takes a while to build up stacks but after that you can achieve area 5.5k-6k damage from 3 power spikes with ease. While still being really tanky with 1380 toughness/2300 armor (2.9k armor during mantra charge).

It is a bit hard to get vitality up without losing crit chance since there’s little beneficial stats combo that main vitality, so I chose toughness instead. Hopefully 2500 extra hp from guard killers will help you tank through conditions.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pwent.2639

Pwent.2639

Lmao Boss Riddle’s one liners are dead on. Go zerk.

Ida