WvW Roamers, what are you running?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Stormbolt.7293

Stormbolt.7293

I’ve been away from the game for about a month, and in that time we’ve gotten a balance patch. In addition, I haven’t played since the WvW changes. I feel like I should update my build, but I’m not really sure what the meta is like for roaming at the moment. What have you guys been having success with?

in Mesmer

Posted by: fost.9167

fost.9167

A few threads down, condishatter build [video]

I guess some others would be power shatter still.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nevhie.6079

Nevhie.6079

I still running Power Based Build. GS – Sword – Shield with Domi – Duel – Chrono. Simply coz i like Power based. Thou this build mechanic is somewhat nowhere compared Meta Roamers .__.

- Burst damage still same. Nothing changed. Really punishing if ur enemy has low Armor.
- Alacrity nerf makes my Overall CD become 3-5s longer. Become harder when fighting Bruiser meta with perma prot aka Easier to get outsustained. In team fight/ Outnumbered fight. Slower 3-5s of ur CD means.. Harder to execute ur finishing blow or buying time for next heal/ Decoy/ Blink.

Some list Roamers Meta with their mechanic:
- Scrapper Hammer = Perma prot, AOE CC, Can stealth, Evasion Frame Gap Closer
- Druid LB – Staff = Kiting Master, Prot, Can Stealth, Long Range Damage, Can Heal
- DH Trapper = Bursty Trap, Aoe Zoning, LongBow hurts
- Condi Mesmer = Condis and Stealth
- Thief Dagger Pistol = More damage with Dagger Auto Atk, Can Stealth, Gap Closer.

Hope that helps.

Nevhíe
GreatSword Mesmer
Jade Quarry, Strike Force [SF]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Stormbolt.7293

Stormbolt.7293

How is condi Mesmer doing? I’ve been toying around with the idea of a condi roamer build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

After the disappointing balance patch, I benched my support chronomancer and went back to condi roaming build Illusions/Dueling/Chaos with Grenth runes and Bountiful Disillusionment.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tien.3865

Tien.3865

Does anyone know if the bruiser sw/sh + staff build with Defender runes still works?

Borlis Pass solo roamer

in Mesmer

Posted by: geekilo.8512

geekilo.8512

Im running the power GS shatter with dom, chaos, and chrono

in Mesmer

Posted by: Maesto.9103

Maesto.9103

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAsf7cl0nha0YZawRNwtGLvGEaAaeTKnQvj25PCyxB-T1xEABXp8TD9D1v/ALq/wwJBAATQG8EAlgkCIwlRA-w

Pretty balanced Build for me. Yes, no Chrono and it relies on stacking Might. But thats not really difficult with the Build.

But lacking Swiftness. Oof i use Focus for buffing, so its working for me.