WvW goals list

WvW goals list

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

On my earliest trips into wvw, I was happy to take out a sentry or take a camp with a friend.

Then I worked for a long time on soloing a camp, and then trying to get the time under a minute.

Finally, I managed to solo a fully upgraded camp (with the cabalists and zealot) a couple of days ago. It took a while.

It started me thinking that maybe I should have a list of goals for things to measure accomplishments in wvw.

So I’m looking for suggestions. They don’t have to be solo things. Here’s a few that I’m trying to track so far.

- take camp plus one opponent
- take camp plus two opponents
- duo a tower
- solo a tower
- 3-man bay, hills, garri

win 1v1 vs each class at bronze, silver, gold

win 1v2 regular levels, bronze

win 1v3?

Down and stomp an opponent among at least 4 living opponents and survive

Rally 3 times in the same fight and survive

Anything else that seems like a fun and achievable goal to track?

Maybe time-based goals?

WvW goals list

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

win 1v3?

Sounds sorta fun. What’s up with bronze silver and gold though?

WvW goals list

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phosphyr.1704

Phosphyr.1704

win 1v3?

Sounds sorta fun. What’s up with bronze silver and gold though?

I’m assuming he means WvW tiers. In which case, I’ll point out that the tiers are not indicative of player skill. In every tier, there are good and bad players. Save for the fact that the higher the tier, the greater the chance of getting hit by a gank squad/zerged.

WvW goals list

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Pull 1 guy off a cliff.

Pull 2 guys off a cliff in a single void.

Pull 3 guys off a cliff in a single void.

Pull 4 guys off a cliff in a single void.

Pull 5 guys off a cliff in a single void.

That should keep you busy for a while.

WvW goals list

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pokecenter.3548

Pokecenter.3548

Pull 1 guy off a cliff.

Pull 2 guys off a cliff in a single void.

Pull 3 guys off a cliff in a single void.

Pull 4 guys off a cliff in a single void.

Pull 5 guys off a cliff in a single void.

That should keep you busy for a while.

rofl

WvW goals list

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

win a 1 v 1 v 1

those are always fun when all 3 players are good roamers

WvW goals list

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

The silver and gold thing is something of a proxy for player skill. I mostly play as a roamer, so when I meet a silver rank player (e.g. silver colonel) I generally assume they are better than a bronze colonel who I assume is better than a colonel. Clearly this isn’t always the case, but there’s probably some correlation if the opponent is also a roamer.

Thanks for the cliff-pull suggestion. Early on in EOTM, I had a ton of fun dropping into stealth, running onto a bridge, and using greatsword illusionary wave.

I also like the 1 v 1 v 1 suggestion. One tricky thing about that is that it can be hard to tell if people are dueling if they happen to be doing it in the open field.

Still it’s nice to have a list of goals

WvW goals list

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

The silver and gold thing is something of a proxy for player skill. I mostly play as a roamer, so when I meet a silver rank player (e.g. silver colonel) I generally assume they are better than a bronze colonel who I assume is better than a colonel. Clearly this isn’t always the case, but there’s probably some correlation if the opponent is also a roamer.

Heh. Silver and gold is a proxy for amount of time spent zerging. That’s all.

WvW goals list

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

Fair enough. I’ve only ever seen gold players in zergs, so that makes sense.

I’m just about to silver with 90% of my time spent roaming, so I figure that some of the silver thieves, mesmers, engis, and other roamers I meet also leveled up by roaming.

It would be pretty cool if there were some more objective measure of player skill. I see people talk about winning 1 v X fights, and I always wonder what the X players were like.

Maybe I’ll just make a list of beat a “good” player of each profession. I have certainly encountered players who are more skillful than I am

WvW goals list

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

I don’t think ANet has the technology to track this sort of stuff, but I would really love an improved achievement system with this kind of objectives

Another tricky one to achieve would be: interrupt 1/2/3/4/5 targets with the same skill!

WvW goals list

in Mesmer

Mogar.9216

Heh. Silver and gold is a proxy for amount of time spent zerging. That’s all.

True but someone with a gold tag are not total noob. Most of them know to run from roamers. the few who will fight you are super tanky build in my experience and takes forever to kill though they hit like wet noodle.

WvW goals list

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

silver and gold means nothing, i solod 2 silver necros and 1 gold war today, didnt even break a sweat(w maim the disil. trait)

altho i gotta say that there was one condi ele in obsidian sanctum whom i duelled for hours and couldnt beat, he was running dskin and 3 points in water, tanky as hell, condis hurt as hell

/waves to the ele if u ever check this post, u were one hella good player

edit: tried all different spec against the ele in this one hour

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

WvW goals list

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

altho i gotta say that there was one condi ele in obsidian sanctum whom i duelled for hours and couldnt beat, he was running dskin and 3 points in water, tanky as hell, condis hurt as hell

I’m sorry you didn’t like the build i made
Though at least this post isn’t similar to the one in my thread…
Though, i have to say i am enjoying the fact that a build i made annoys people ^^

Unfortunately, i can’t remember which Mesmer you are

WvW goals list

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

I’m sorry you didn’t like the build i made
Though at least this post isn’t similar to the one in my thread…
Though, i have to say i am enjoying the fact that a build i made annoys people ^^

Unfortunately, i can’t remember which Mesmer you are

i didnt mean u lol. didnt even check ur build:0 just said that there was a godlike ele immortal to everything, who was actually silver

on other hand i solod 3 ppl who were silver and higher:p

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

WvW goals list

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

i didnt mean u lol. didnt even check ur build:0 just said that there was a godlike ele immortal to everything, who was actually silver

on other hand i solod 3 ppl who were silver and higher:p

Lol, sorry. I was duelling some people in OS for hours. Thought it was me you were talking about. wasn’t sure as no idea what server you are on

Though kind of strange that i would be fighting a Mesmer and you would be fighting an ele at the same time. I did ask the person i was dueling and he said it wasn’t him, thats why i was coming back to delete it ^^

(edited by ArmageddonAsh.6430)

WvW goals list

in Mesmer

Mogar.9216

silver and gold means nothing, i solod 2 silver necros and 1 gold war today, didnt even break a sweat(w maim the disil. trait)

I was thinking of running diamond skin with water on my ele after the patch I’ll try it now .

WvW goals list

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaurniven.2065

Xaurniven.2065

win 1v3?

The Titles don’t mean kitten, depends on the player itself. You actualy never know whether he/ she is good or not, you only get a haunch of what skill they have.

Fury By Furry |Given Fury | Furiously Small | Furiously Risen | Serayath

[RaW] Sassari – Commander

WvW goals list

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pwent.2639

Pwent.2639

Solo a keep. All the rest are crossed off for me, but some day i will take hills solo.

Ida

WvW goals list

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pwent.2639

Pwent.2639

I don’t think ANet has the technology to track this sort of stuff, but I would really love an improved achievement system with this kind of objectives

Another tricky one to achieve would be: interrupt 1/2/3/4/5 targets with the same skill!

Just stomp someone in Eotm, then invis and wait for his buddies to come back and rez.

Ida