WvW help

WvW help

in Mesmer

Posted by: blazinfury.8504

blazinfury.8504

I’ve recently gotten into WvW and as an effort to be useful I’m trying to properly gear for it. It was told to get minstrel gear but man those freshwater pearls. Is there an alternate gear set that would work until I can make full minstrel?

WvW help

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

My suggestion is to play for a while before you commit a ton of money to gear.

There are a lot of different ways to play (staying with a zerg, roaming in small groups), and you may find some more appealing than others.

In general, I think you’re best off playing defensively to start. So if you have a power build, consider something like soldiers and if you mostly do condi damage consider dire.

For sure, I see a lot of newer players who don’t seem to have enough condition cleansing compared to the amount of condis in world so I would try to make sure your build has enough choices (picking the inspiration line is very helpful)

WvW help

in Mesmer

Posted by: kyrnik.7352

kyrnik.7352

I agree, knowing where you want play is first step. I typically stay with the zerg and assume a support role. Since I’m still gearing as well, I just use my berserker gear for now. I do okay I guess with trying to add some dps when I can.

Occasionally I can’t find a group and end up roaming. This is where I get in trouble. I’m not a good 1v1 player and haven’t found a good build yet. So I usually get wrecked or run. Lol