WvW roamer with hybrid stats

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kostis.1826

Kostis.1826

Hello,

In wvw I’v been playing a condi roamer for a while now ( the meta build with some personal preferences ) and while the survivability is excellent (over the top maybe), the build lacks pressure.

I’ve been trying some different stats to bring the build closer to its pvp counterpart, but even if I use full viper’s armor and weapons, power doesn’t go above 1.55k. If I also add viper trinkets , the build cannot survive wvw.

So the question is, has anyone tried a hybrid power/condi build with any measure of success in wvw, or our only viable options are full marauder burst and slow drag full condi ?

…your bitterness is sweet to the lady…

in Mesmer

Posted by: SoV.5139

SoV.5139

Nope, and this is how good balance works. When I go all offense, and I get downed too easily, I either need to ramp up my defensive playing to not get hit, or hybrid my stats so I can take a hit or two, to compensate for not having military android reflexes. When I do that I lose “quick kill” offense.

The survivavbility does make for a great support platform…

in Mesmer

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

Nope, and this is how good balance works. When I go all offense, and I get downed too easily, I either need to ramp up my defensive playing to not get hit, or hybrid my stats so I can take a hit or two, to compensate for not having military android reflexes. When I do that I lose “quick kill” offense.

The survivavbility does make for a great support platform…

I don’t know if SoV didn’t read your post correctly, but he’s alluding to defense/offense here. Not the question asked.

Yes, you can run Hybrids (Power/Condi). People tend to be a little hush hush about their builds when they find something they like. I have someone on my friends list that runs something like scepter torch / sword shield, traits the scepter with Malicious Sorcery. Had some great duels with him when i was running full power; tons of pressure/clone generation.

As for stats, I think there’s a wide amount of varying opinion. I’m currently running a 1500 power, 1600 condi or so garbage hybrid build and honestly having alot of fun with staff/ sword shield(illusions, inspiration, chrono) Dire Armor, Perplexity Runes, mix of trinkets for condi/power. My advice would be to take how you like to play the most and trait yourself to support that. I come from full yolo shatter power, and I get in a lot of 1vX fights, so I’ve been running gravity well with chrono for super wombo’s and the dire toughness/ inspiration tree helps me eat a little more pressure.

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I’ve tried to make hybrid builds, but I can’t seem to survive in wvw with them.

The alternative I’ve tried is focusing on getting the condi damage to spike more than people expect by stacking burns quickly and extending their duration. This is a little video I made to try to show the concept. https://youtu.be/Fa1vwgpnZdU

I keep hoping there could be an interesting hybrid build with shattered strength, but it never seems to be worth losing Maim the Disillusioned.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Magolith.9412

Magolith.9412

Here’s a hybrid I’ve been toying with lately (solo roaming & 2s). It’s pretty fun and has a few trait adjustments that can be made to suit your preference. Sig of Illusions and offhand sword are flex. I often swap between offhand sword, focus, torch depending on the situation.

I like this build because it’s easy to swap a couple traits, trinkets & food if I feel like running full power. I don’t have to worry about keeping multiple ascended armor/weapon sets.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRArc8en0nBNqhlpBeoBEgiFnjCtC2nI7MAGgEreQP0GF-TVzCQBG4AI8tDIQBOSAzT/QCeAAoUJYBPIAA4AEku9HqoSjLqMjCnAgBq+TAAEgb2mtZbGc0je0je0jWZOzZOzZWIgFrBA-w

[WS] Mesmer Mag

(edited by Magolith.9412)

in Mesmer

Kostis.1826

Thanks for all the answers.

@CrashTheGrey, 1500 power, around 1500 condi is something I also tried but the difference between 1k and 1.5k power, didn’t seem so impactfull. Maybe I need to experiment more on that.

@eldenbri, nice video.

@Magolith, 1.9k power and 800 condi power with a splash of marauder looks to be close to what I am after. I’ll give this a try and I’ll get rid of the staff.

in Mesmer

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

I can’t look at Magoliths build at work right now, but that 1.9k/800condi is something I’ve also roughly played around with greatsword. I love GS, but lately I’ve been against better/larger groups and its a lot harder to make it work when super heavy pressure is on me.

I think the big game changer for me has been just CS’ing gravity well, and in power builds, running interrupt procs. double gravity well +shield 5 with interrupts netted me some huge 3 man drops with little effort involved. If you can kite stab sources early, you can do horrible, horrible things with continuum shift with some patience.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Syprus Soulslayer.1640

Syprus Soulslayer.1640

I’ve been hybrid for ages and find that 1900ish power and 750-800 condi is the sweet spot. My build is more of a PU phantasm variant but with a in your face shatter like playtime due to my weapon choices ( sword torch, scepter pistol ) It really comes down to play style and personal preference. Balance is key when roaming due to constantly fighting outnumbered unless you have a 3-4 man you plan on running with.

[Evil] Blood Bath Nbeyond – 80 Warrior
[Evil] Nazarus Soulswag – 80 Mesmer
Devona’s Rest – Previously HoD / Anvil Rock

in Mesmer

Syprus Soulslayer.1640

as for as defensive stats I’d shoot for 2800-2900 armor and 22k hp, again it’s all perspective

in Mesmer

Kostis.1826

How do you manage 1.9k power, 800 condi, 2.85k armor and 22k hp ? I’ve been trying different stat combinations for a while now…

in Mesmer

Syprus Soulslayer.1640

It’s a numbers game and takes a lot of trial and error. With BL stacks your looking at over 2k power, 2900 armor, 21,732 hp, 725 condi dmg, etc. It involves a mix of gear utilizing quite a few Celestial pieces and the rest being mixed. You can make it either condi or power heavy but personally I wouldn’t go below 1600 power or else your burst / base damage will suck. I’m running celestial food, furious sharpening stones ( +100 toughness +10% ferocity converted from toughness ) and traveler runes. Celestial offers you the most + stats per piece than any other stat type, the issue is if you run a full set you’ll be too neutral. You have to get the mix just right for your playstyle, I hope this helps you in your hybrid endeavors!

Attachments:

(edited by Syprus Soulslayer.1640)

in Mesmer

Syprus Soulslayer.1640

I forgot to mention the borderlands bloodlust bonus which will add at least another +30 which should kick you over 22k hp and 750 condi, see below ( with major borderlands BL )

Attachments:

(edited by Syprus Soulslayer.1640)

in Mesmer

Syprus Soulslayer.1640

Max Bloodlust stacks(250 power ) with Major borderlands Bloodlust (50 to Power, Precision, Vitality, Toughness, Condition Damage, and healing power ) Max power of 2157 w/o might stacks

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dlegend.1682

Dlegend.1682

Abit late, but here is the setup I currently run. I’ve had relatively good success with this build in WvW, considering Im not exactly a great mesmer.
Since sage amulet came out in sPvP, Ive been trying to find a setup that felt similar in wvw, but as stated before Im not a great mesmer even though its my main.
I switch between Non-HOT PU-condi setup and a Chrono varient.
Jst a disclaimer, Im still working on getting all my infusions, so my in game setup varies very slightly from the builder, and depending on my gold the foods and buffs vary slightly aswell.
Hope it helps ^ ^
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW7PWAOIzEEhAcOiPUa0UfxVA-TFSHQBMSNGzt/QfUdYjKBFwTA4M6GKoyPAcRACAcAM/8BglXe5lXe5We5lXe5lLFwFjtA-w

in Mesmer

Syprus Soulslayer.1640

It’s not a shatter build, but it’s hybrid ( more power heavy ) here’s some footage from July. The burst is decent and the condi pressure is enough to annoy / wither away in between burst CDs. I guess you can call it a battle mesmer??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqQjawUONV4&t=938s

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

You want to focus on getting high power + condition damage. Precision and expertise are not that important. You can get a bit of them it helps your build. But they do not help your burst that much.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Have been playing hybrid since the last year and a half with a lot of success and fun.

I’ve posted my build and tactics at great length in other threads so will just give brief build here:

Insp – Restorative Mantras, RI, MD
Illusions – Pledge, MtD, MoF
Chrono – TCU, IA, Cp

Mantra heal, Blink, Mirror Images, Decoy, Mass Invis

Staff (Energy /Cleansing) + Sword/Torch (Energy/Cleansing)

Viper weapons, shoulders, chest, gloves, legs, shoes
Cele headgear and all trinkets
All wvw resilient infusions

Antitoxin Runes
Sweet Bean Buns (recently nerfed but still good)
Tuning Icicles

I have roamed wvw with great success using the above.

Power is usually around 1900, condi damage around 1100-1200, around 19-20k health, 1400 armour, ~35% crit chance (mind wrack under fury is around 80%), bit of healing power and also reasonable amount of expertise (can’t remember off top of my head), over 170% crit damage.

I have stopped playing this build as of last week simply because I’m bored and had enough and preparing transition to Mirage, which is also going to be hybrid with similar stats. But the build still functions well despite nerfs to menders purity/mantra heal and utilitiy/food consumables.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tseison.4659

Tseison.4659

Hi there! <3
So I run full Sinister as it’s really easy for me to survive when it comes to encounters in WvW. On weapons I have Energy x Cleansing and for my utilities I bring: Mirror/MoR/Decoy/Blink/MoI. My utilities do change depending on the professions I’m seeing the most out there on the field. For example I see a lot of thieves (which forever is a questionable class…) so I bring blink for escaping and if I’m seeing every other class then I’ll adapt.

It’s really about practising with your class, predicting your enemies moves and skill usage and if you can – study the heck out of all the classes and builds out there so you can place them in a category and know how to counter them with what set skills you have.

Good luck! xoxo