WvW zerg build

WvW zerg build

in Mesmer

Posted by: marquez.7182

marquez.7182

Im looking for something that works well with zergs and organized groups, any ideas?

WvW zerg build

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

depending on what your organized guild does.
if im wih a big group around 25-30 then i go glamour build because it supports my team and i do get nice tags and help with reflects and condi cleanse.

most of the time i run with a zergbusting group 18 people fighting 40-60 situation. there im pretty much jus there to veilbot. so important here is that u are tanky. id recommend a pu power build in this situation.

now if u are really good on your mes, try to go glkittenter and kill backlines off, but u will melt in seconds if u arent careful.

those are the only 3 i can see atm…there really isnt much beside veilbot duty and a little support atm. glamour is not really viable anymore, u get tags, but u dont kill anything with it really. but we will see what happens after the patch maybe there will be some more changes and maybe we will get 1 decent viable build that is not veilbot based…oh well one can always dream…

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

WvW zerg build

in Mesmer

marquez.7182

if im wih a big group around 25-30 then i go glamour build because it supports my team and i do get nice tags and help with reflects and condi cleanse.

most of the time i run with a zergbusting group 18 people fighting 40-60 situation. there im pretty much jus there to veilbot. so important here is that u are tanky. id recommend a pu power build in this situation.

now if u are really good on your mes, try to go glkittenter and kill backlines off, but u will melt in seconds if u arent careful.

those are the only 3 i can see atm…there really isnt much beside veilbot duty and a little support atm. glamour is not really viable anymore, u get tags, but u dont kill anything with it really. but we will see what happens after the patch maybe there will be some more changes and maybe we will get 1 decent viable build that is not veilbot based…oh well one can always dream…

Any trait recommendations?

WvW zerg build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Something like this
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vgAQRAsf7dlknpUtlpxVNcrRiYqAxdShyxckUUaoWJF22FC-z0CBYhYINIYNDimWIZkAgk3wEIBKTtIasFWFRjVJjIqWpELAwBAfv7y7u8uFCYxcA-w

WvW zerg build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bunda.2691

Bunda.2691

I pretty much always use a 30/20/0/20/0 or 30/20/10/10/0 GS/staff build. Very glassy for high DPS.

WvW zerg build

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

oh here is classic glamour build
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vgAQNAW7dlknpVtlqxYNUrNScSBzbOqHX36VnkCYjaA-zUCBYhCy0CAk0wk3QpoFRjtsuIasKZCpqbY6YROAACwMnZysMDWuyN5RP6RbmzcmLX5KnUALKNC-w

and here is my pu power i use atm
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vgAQNAR8flknpRtFrxMNUrNSY6Bx9NwJpw0vukCcbbA-zkCBYfCyEEA0HwUBQZmCipmKr1WFRjVZDT5SQW9KpBAQAcyTeyTeyT2wFuwFuwFOpA0TZE-w

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

WvW zerg build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wraith.4103

Wraith.4103

I recomend a changed version of my build.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Faust-s-Build-WvW-1v1-Support-Solo-camp
If small groups keep the way it is, if zergs only you can change condition to power.
Get sentinel or invader armor, any rune you think worth (speed ones since you will not be condi anymore), trinkets go for opal/assassin

Greatsword
Sword+focus

Dueling: II (Phantasmal Fury) and X (Deceptive Evasion)
Inspiration: IV(Menders Purity), X(Restorative Mantras) and VII (Warden Feedback)
And 30 free points to do what you want, can go into power tree or condi. Can get to PU ( I personaly dont like PU buils, but still works), well whatever you want.

Skill will be like:
Healing Skill:
Mantra of Recovery
Utility:
Veil,Nullfield, Mantra of Pain (If small group get Nullfield, Mantra of resolve, mantra of pain)
Elite:
Mass ivisibility or Time Warp

Resume: You will deal good damage with greatsword, will reflect projectiles with focus, will aoe heal you and your friends (2,6k ish each charged mantra – So with mantra of pain its like each 4 to 5 seconds), null field to take out foe’s boons like stability wich is a must on zerg battles also timewarp or mass invisi for surprise attack or retreat.

Note: You said organized group, so they must understand what you do, the aoe heal have a short range, so tell them to stay near you.

Adrian Faust – Human Mesmer
—-—Art Of Invasion [ART]——-
Gate of Madness

WvW zerg build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

Im looking for something that works well with zergs and organized groups, any ideas?

What size organized groups? I’ll assume that you’re talking more about 15-25 as opposed to havok size groups.

As a Mesmer, unless otherwise noted, you’re responsible for bringing veil, and possibly null field. You’ll need to work around those descriptions, and you can go in a few different directions.

If you’re planning on doing GvG, disregard most of this.

You want to be able to do a couple things. You need to be able to provide cleave damage on your commander when they call for it. You need to be able to survive. Lastly, you want to be able to tag a lot of people. This isn’t strictly necessary, but I personally sorta like to get rewards, otherwise there’s no difference between following a commander and twiddling your fingers watching a tower.

Providing cleave damage means you need a sword. You’ll also preferably have some amount of power so that you can provide good cleave damage. This is pretty straightforward. Sword also gives you good defense with blurred frenzy, but be careful of getting caught in a bad position when using it.

Surviving can be done in a few ways. One option is to take a slightly more fragile build and blink. This allows you to survive through good positioning first and foremost. If you don’t get hit, you won’t die. You can also choose to build very tanky. My Zergmower build is an example of this. Tanky armor combined with tanky mechanics allow me to stay with the hammer train on engagements.

Lastly, you want to tag. This is the hardest part. The most efficient way I’ve figured of doing it is with my Zergmower build. However, you can tag with other mechanics too. Well placed shatters or phantasms can do very significant damage to enemy groups, it’s just a matter of getting that placement accurate.

WvW zerg build

in Mesmer

marquez.7182

What size organized groups? I’ll assume that you’re talking more about 15-25 as opposed to havok size groups.

As a Mesmer, unless otherwise noted, you’re responsible for bringing veil, and possibly null field. You’ll need to work around those descriptions, and you can go in a few different directions.

You want to be able to do a couple things. You need to be able to provide cleave damage on your commander when they call for it. You need to be able to survive. Lastly, you want to be able to tag a lot of people. This isn’t strictly necessary, but I personally sorta like to get rewards, otherwise there’s no difference between following a commander and twiddling your fingers watching a tower.

Providing cleave damage means you need a sword. You’ll also preferably have some amount of power so that you can provide good cleave damage. This is pretty straightforward. Sword also gives you good defense with blurred frenzy, but be careful of getting caught in a bad position when using it.

Surviving can be done in a few ways. One option is to take a slightly more fragile build and blink. This allows you to survive through good positioning first and foremost. If you don’t get hit, you won’t die. You can also choose to build very tanky. My Zergmower build is an example of this. Tanky armor combined with tanky mechanics allow me to stay with the hammer train on engagements.

Lastly, you want to tag. This is the hardest part. The most efficient way I’ve figured of doing it is with my Zergmower build. However, you can tag with other mechanics too. Well placed shatters or phantasms can do very significant damage to enemy groups, it’s just a matter of getting that placement accurate.

Yeah that is what I have been using lately and I really like it

WvW zerg build

in Mesmer

marquez.7182

oh here is classic glamour build
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vgAQNAW7dlknpVtlqxYNUrNScSBzbOqHX36VnkCYjaA-zUCBYhCy0CAk0wk3QpoFRjtsuIasKZCpqbY6YROAACwMnZysMDWuyN5RP6RbmzcmLX5KnUALKNC-w

and here is my pu power i use atm
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vgAQNAR8flknpRtFrxMNUrNSY6Bx9NwJpw0vukCcbbA-zkCBYfCyEEA0HwUBQZmCipmKr1WFRjVZDT5SQW9KpBAQAcyTeyTeyT2wFuwFuwFOpA0TZE-w

I really like the first one I might give that one a shot, thanks!

WvW zerg build

in Mesmer

marquez.7182

Yeah that is what I have been using lately and I really like it

And yeah we typically run about 20-25 on our guild runs