[WvWvW] Retaliation build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Steinpilz.5078

Steinpilz.5078

I tried to create a build based on reflecting damage and I came up with this.
Would be great if I could get some help to make it better. :-)

(edited by Steinpilz.5078)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alex Behemoth.4952

Alex Behemoth.4952

One skills you should consider is phantasm defender. He inflicts retaliation whenever someone nearby gets hit. If you have retaliation on top of that it will be two hits of retaliation.

Problem with retaliation builds is that you must be hit in order for the retaliation to work. Something that you don’t want to happen because the damage you will receive will always be greater than the damage that retaliation will output. So in my opinion is best to only try and absorb hits if you have high toughness and the enemy’s attack are quick and weak.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vgAQRAsf7dlsnpPtlpxVNcrNiYqAxR6RphavWpH2mudhA-zkCBYhYINIYNDimWIZkAhmAJQZqFRjtwqIasKZER1KlYBAOA47dXe3l3tQALmDA-w

This would give you a hell of a lot more “retlaiaton” bang for your buck, or some variation.

You dont need high boon uptime if you have a lot of boon procs. Retal on block + mimic + scepter block + iMage etc = a lot of retal. Guardian runes +100% burn duration = 2s burns per block.

I run similar setups in zergs.

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

What you’re trying to put together looks a lot like what my Immortal build used to be. You can take a look at the link in my signature to see what that was. Unfortunately, Anet ruined the traits that the build depended on, and so it is no longer possible to use it. I’d recommend not trying to go for a retal build, as it simply doesn’t do much without the amp provided by the iDefender.