Yay more nerfs! /dance

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

The mirror blade nerf is fine. It did way too much damage for a 6-second cooldown anyway. The damage from two hits at point blank is on par with the #2 skills that many other classes have. Plus, it’s still unblockable and a decent might generator.

The changes to mantra cooldowns will have the biggest effect for the typical lockdown/shatter build, imo.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

I’m mostly happy… am I alone? I just don’t think harmonious mantra belonged on the list while CS should have been. We ask for good nerfs and we get wrong nerfs so not fully happy.

Nah, you’re not alone. I don’t totally agree with some of these fixes, but none of them are unbearable. (And they’re not as stupidly arbitrary as the ones we got on the 23rd.)

• Reduce Mantra of Distraction duration to 1/4 sec, like Headshot. Now it’s not nearly as much of an insta-cast on-demand snare but you can still use CS with Chaos Storm and Diversion.

I think this came up in a previous thread, not who suggested it then, but it seems like a reasonable approach. We care primarily about using MoD for interrupts, we don’t need it to be a long-duration lockdown. (That’s what Chaotic Interruption is for.)

• Change The Pledge to a static 20% reduction.
  • Change Chaotic Dampening to a flat 20% instead of the crappy thing it is now.

Agreed. While I like the idea of conditional cooldowns in general, The Pledge encourages an anti-fun playstyle while Chaotic Dampening is too hard to balance properly.

• Raise Mantra of Recovery cooldown gently (start with 12 s or 15 s) if you think it’s too much healing.

Exactly, hit the Mantras that are actually causing problems (if indeed they are) rather than nuking the usability of a whole class of utility skills.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

I’m really glad to see so many mesmers here supporting skillful play. That’s what we’ve gotten used to over the years. The last patch kind of made me lose hope seeing so many people thrilled with background recharges and CS 100% stun, but the comments here are refereshing.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

IMO the only benefit of having Mirror Blade bounce 4 times was in PvE where you have to tag mobs (and that is what mesmer is awful at and needs a buff [even outside chronomancer spec]). But hey, it’s E-SPORTS so I guess that extra random boon bounce was really breaking the PvP balance!

20 level 80s and counting.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

We give them freakin’ lists of things to nerf and they nerf mantras? WTF?

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

IMO the only benefit of having Mirror Blade bounce 4 times was in PvE where you have to tag mobs (and that is what mesmer is awful at and needs a buff [even outside chronomancer spec]). But hey, it’s E-SPORTS so I guess that extra random boon bounce was really breaking the PvP balance!

I’d rather they balance around PvP than around my ability to tag mobs… wouldn’t you?

Besides, you still have mantra of pain + GS3 + sword cleave + point blank AOE shatters for tagging. GS1 is also pretty good at tagging if you stowcancel. All of those options were better than mirror blade even before the nerf, because MB has a long cast time and flight time, and it could bounce to your melee teammates so the tagging was unreliable.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

And once again Anet’s willful neglect of splitting skill and trait functionality has left us in the PvE dust. Many of us thought the change to mantra recharge was due to the fact that our recharge trait was removed. It’d be nice to think the recharge trait would return in recompense, but hey, same as it ever was.

Attachments:

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fhaeris.9237

Fhaeris.9237

Here we are again: to balance pvp, they kill us in pve. Back to square one.
They kittening never learn and don’t care. kitten HoT.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

We give them freakin’ lists of things to nerf and they nerf mantras? WTF?

HM nerf aside, the background mantra recharge thing really hurts. In Anet’s eyes it was a bug from the inception of the 6/23 patch. They don’t look at how it improved the QoL of mantras, they just saw it as a bug on their big list needing fixed so they fixed it.

I’m sure the “Mesmer OP” rants of late made sure it got prioritized higher. It’s unfortunate.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fox.3562

Fox.3562

It’s honestly impressive how often Anets balance is off the mark. Mantra of Distraction was OP because Confounding Suggestions is OP, yet CS gets through the patch untouched. Mirror blade shatter combos were OP because CS + MoD makes setting it up comically easy, yet mirror blade gets nerfed. Mantra heal finally comes out of the trashcan after 2+ years because it recharges its cooldown after you channel it, and they nerf that.

CS should have had its ICD increased or have been moved to master tier. It’s so strong right now because it’s easily the best-in-slot trait at adept. Having to choose between it or Shattered Concentration would be an actual decision instead of being the only good trait among garbage.

I have no idea how PU hasn’t been nerfed. I also have no idea who thought it would be a good idea to make it double your stealth durations in the first place. Have you ever heard someone say “Man, stealth is pretty weak. It could use a buff.”? How is it OK to channel like 45+ seconds of stealth in a row? It’s things like that that make Anets “balance” team a joke.

The only logical nerf in this patch was making Blinding Dissipation blockable/dodgeable. No abilities should be undodgeable.

Well that’s my mini rant. There’s no point in trying to convince Anet to change anything back since their next patch will probably won’t be until the expansion launches, and they’re not well known for listening to their forums anyway. But it does feel good to complain.

Potato Plant
Good Fights [GF] Mesmer

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

HM nerf aside, the background mantra recharge thing really hurts. In Anet’s eyes it was a bug from the inception of the 6/23 patch. They don’t look at how it improved the QoL of mantras, they just saw it as a bug on their big list needing fixed so they fixed it.

I’m sure the “Mesmer OP” rants of late made sure it got prioritized higher. It’s unfortunate.

Reminds me of…

How does one know if a bug destroys the game or even if a legitimate tactic destroys it? The rule of thumb is to assume it doesn’t and keep playing, because 99% of the time, as good as the tactic may be, there will either be a way to counter it or other even better tactics. Prematurely banning something is the scrub’s way. It prevents the scrub from ever discovering the counter to the Valle CC or the diamond trick. It also creates artificial rules that alter the game, when it’s entirely possible that the game was just fine the way it was. It also usually leads to an avalanche of bans in order to be consistent with the first. When players think they have found a game-breaking tactic, I advise them to go win some tournaments with it. If they can prove that the game really is reduced to just that tactic, then perhaps a ban is warranted. It’s extremely rare that a player is ever able to prove this though. In fact, I don’t even have any examples of it.

A note to game developers: fix your bugs after release if you have the opportunity to do so. But beware that players enjoy the feeling of wielding “unfair” tactics, and taking that away from them can be a mistake if the “unfair” tactic isn’t powerful enough to single-handedly win tournaments.

20 level 80s and counting.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

Things they should have done instead, by me:

• Reduce Mantra of Distraction duration to 1/4 sec, like Headshot. Now it’s not nearly as much of an insta-cast on-demand snare but you can still use CS with Chaos Storm and Diversion.
  • Make it so that the cooldown of the last mantra charge you used applies to recasting the skill, if it has already recharged “underneath.” So MoD has a recharge of at least 5 seconds between each activation.
  • Reduce Mirror Blade damage by 10% instead of cutting bounces.
  • Raise Mantra of Recovery cooldown gently (start with 12 s or 15 s) if you think it’s too much healing.
  • More glass butterflies.

A mesmer suggesting reasonable changes to MoD?

I feel like I’ve come across a unicorn.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I will repeat myself, but the balance between PvE and PvP in mesmers should be fairly easy without needed to split effects:

The thing is a-net probably wants us to have low damage in PvE. Arguably, mesmer is the easiest class to balance PvE vs PvP because both use VERY different builds. If you want to adjust the strength in PvP, adjust the shatter strength. If you want to adjust the strength in PvE, adjust phantasm strength. There is no viable phantasm build in PvP, so they could so very easily increase our damage by increasing the phantasm attack rate for example. Phantasms are usually killed before that in PvP!
No, we are meant to be a utility bot, and when our utilities are not needed, then we become pointless.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Yeah RIP Mantra recharge, that was really a great QoL change. They should have thought up some other way to better balance it.

Malicious Sorcery is great now, makes the #3 hit like a darn machine gun, and the AA too is slightly less annoying.

I think the CD lowering on MoD was a bone in exchange for calling the Mantra recharge thing a bugfix. I think they wanted to try it out and see, and decided it was too much.

Overall it’s a decent patch…could have been a lot worse. The real issue will be when more nerfs hit, then these relatively minor nerfs would have been unneeded but will still haunt us. That’s life as a Mesmer…gotta roll with the punches.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

Things they should have done instead, by me:

• Make it so that the cooldown of the last mantra charge you used applies to recasting the skill, if it has already recharged “underneath.” So MoD has a recharge of at least 5 seconds between each activation.
  • Reduce Mirror Blade damage by 10% instead of cutting bounces.
  • More glass butterflies.

A mesmer suggesting reasonable changes to MoD?

I feel like I’ve come across a unicorn.

Reducing the MoD duration to 1/4second does nothing to CS. Because CS converts any daze to a 1 second stun.(doesn’t matter how long the daze is.)

Reducing MoD just hurts other lockdown builds that don’t use CS.

A more reasonable solution would be to change CS that it only produces a 1/4 stun. (I believe that is your intent.)

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

@Windwalker
Would you now recommend malicious over Ineptitude for PvP condi build?

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

tobascodagama.2961

A more reasonable solution would be to change CS that it only produces a 1/4 stun. (I believe that is your intent.)

Yeah, the intent was clear. I don’t think that traits should ever decrease the power of something, though, so maybe split the difference and set both MoD and CS to a 1/2s duration.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

The Mantras recharging in the background was a huge QoL improvement. I was under the impression that was a change made on purpose, but apparently not. I don’t think Anet realizes how vulnerable Mesmers are recharging a mantra in the middle of a fight. It’s like you’re screaming to get interrupted/focused.

That’s the most disappointing change. I’m eager to try out the scepter now. Wish Duelist’s Discipline was properly fixed.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

SlimChance.6593

Re quoting for emphasis.

You want reduce the daze duration, then do it for all control effects: all fears/knockback/knockdowns/push/pulls/etc get a reduction as well.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

Here we are again: to balance pvp, they kill us in pve. Back to square one.
They kittening never learn and don’t care. kitten HoT.

Quoted for truth. The devs keep highlighting Mesmer as a skillfull profession, but skillfull is more of a hindrance in PvE environments: especially open world. Instead of taking the time and effort to carefully summon, evade, dodge, interrupt, shatter, wait for illusions to recharge after combat, and such, I can just slap HGH, Juggernaut, and a bunch of elixers on my Engineer and earn far more rewards by just pressing 1 and the occasional 4.

As a side note on this split topic: Does anyone else find it a bit counter-productive to balance the game around PvP while financing it through gemstore purchases, which are primarily PvE-focused?

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

(edited by Makai.3429)

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

Re quoting for emphasis.

You want reduce the daze duration, then do it for all control effects: all fears/knockback/knockdowns/push/pulls/etc get a reduction as well.

What other lockdown builds that don’t rely on CS, though?

Are they, by chance, lockdown builds that are running Chaotic Interruption? In that case, the Immobilize duration kinda covers that gap already.

MoD is really good. I love it. It’s a beautiful skill. The least important thing about it for an interrupt build (but the most important for a 1-2-3 stun-and-burst build) is the daze duration. That’s where you can apply a targeted nerf without turning the whole skill to garbage.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

I was expecting the nerf to Mirror Blade, it was the easiest way to bring our burst in line with Thieves.

I am really disappointed with the change to mantras. It felt like a huge QoL improvement more than anything else, although I can see that it was way too strong on Mantra of Restoration and in some cases on Mantra of Distraction (killed so many of those FotM mesmers while they were recharging the mantra in fight).

There was a reason if pretty much nobody went for mantras before the 23/6 patch and pretty much everybody went for mantras after 23/6 and before today. ANet should have worked a bit harder to find a middle ground. Mantras are back to being overly clumsy, on long cooldowns and with long cast time and a huge tell that exposes you to interrupts.

I totally don’t understand the nerf to Harmonious Mantras.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

tobascodagama.2961

Re quoting for emphasis.

What other lockdown builds that don’t rely on CS, though?

Yes, precisely. I’d love to hear more about this “lockdown build that doesn’t use Confounding Suggestions”, because I can’t think of a single good reason not to take it in a lockdown build other than deliberately nerfing yourself.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Mender’s Purity: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from working with the last charge of Mantra of Recovery.
YAY!!!

Imagined Burden: This trait now grants might only while you are in combat.
Makes sense. Fair.

Malicious Sorcery: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from properly applying its increased attack-speed effect.
YAY!!! Ineptitude is still loads better me thinks.

Blinding Dissipation: This trait no longer penetrates through defenses such as block and evasion.
Makes sense. Fair.

Confounding Suggestions: Fixed a bug that caused this trait to function improperly with some runes and sigils.
? idk what the issue is here, but I haven’t been using this trait often enough to notice. Probably fair.

Ineptitude: This trait no longer penetrates through defenses such as block and evasion.
Makes sense. Fair.

Mirror Blade: Reduced number of bounces from 4 to 3.
This would be one logical way of decreasing overall DPS. I hope they’re also implementing changes to other classes and not just Mesmers. Fair.

Mantras: Fixed a bug that caused mantras to begin recharging as soon as the preparation skill was complete instead of when the last charge was expended.
:( Anet you tricky developers. I doubt this was an actual bug… Glad I haven’t been using mantras enough to have gotten used to this QOL change. Hard to say whether this is a fair change or not since they are veiling the decision under “bug fix”. My gut is telling me to say this is an unfair change.

Mantra of Distraction: Reduced this skill’s recharge from 30 seconds to 20 seconds.
YAY!! With the stun-locking somewhat nerfed due to mantra recharge being changed back, this is a nice little rebuff. So essentially, we can chain stun lock someone at max 3 times in 15s, then they have 22s of a reprieve. Fair

Harmonious Mantras: Reduced the damage bonus per stack of this trait from 4% to 3%.
Seeing as though I never really saw anyone running MoP, hence the unlikelihood of consistently reaching 5 stacks, I’m seeing this change as less than fair. Now you’ll only be seeing around a ~9% dmg boost which is just OK. Fair??

I need to see what they did to the others, but overall, I’m not too bothered by these changes. Nothing too drastic really unless you count the Mantra recharge change. Still waiting for pDuelist to be fixed…

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

All the QQ..

This, exactly this, your reactions and tears, is why, when i discovered that mantras and so many other things were bugged in our favor, i chose to test and make a new build that did not rely on a broken system that was bound to be fixed.

While it was great when it was present, its never good to assume a good bug will go unchanged and use it as a point of power in your builds or your play style. As Mesmers you should all know this by now.

Need i remind you of the Bugged Power Block from last year and the glorious 6 hours of use it got?

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nachyochez.9758

Nachyochez.9758

My guess was the recharge on Mantras was a legit bug, but the Balance peeps only saw what was going on as a result. Thus Harmonious got balanced in accordance with no-recharge mantras in mind. The bug just happened to get fixed at the same time as the balance change, and we have the current situation. I’d even hazard a guess that MoD’s CD reduction was a last second attempt to course correct.

Hopefully ANet will see what Mantras look like now, and take measures to put them back to usefulness; ie: bring back the Bug that turned out to be a massive QoL improvement, and then tweak base recharges accordingly!

Skif F Galco (War) | Bas Flaith (Thf) | Rawr Doomshot (Rng) | Cheshire Glamourclaw (Mes)

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

All the QQ..

This, exactly this, your reactions and tears, is why, when i discovered that mantras and so many other things were bugged in our favor, i chose to test and make a new build that did not rely on a broken system that was bound to be fixed.

While it was great when it was present, its never good to assume a good bug will go unchanged and use it as a point of power in your builds or your play style. As Mesmers you should all know this by now.

Need i remind you of the Bugged Power Block from last year and the glorious 6 hours of use it got?

Or when Confounding Suggestions was bugged with Chaos Storm. OMG THAT WAS GLORIOUS! People were stuck in Chaos Storms for DAAAAAZE!

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

I find mesmer community the best open minded playerbased in the game cause tehy know what should be best for mesmers and they know that being OP is not one of them.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Hopefully ANet will see what Mantras look like now, and take measures to put them back to usefulness; ie: bring back the Bug that turned out to be a massive QoL improvement, and then tweak base recharges accordingly!

Dream on…

Since when has the balance team actually taken a reasonable look at changes with regards to possibly poor decisions for mesmers? Just reroll to ele or warrior and enjoy doing 2x the damage with .1x the effort.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

We also have an entire spec coming that is essentially devoted to PvE. I think they saw lowering the damage from mantras as a temporary issue.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

We also have an entire spec coming that is essentially devoted to PvE. I think they saw lowering the damage from mantras as a temporary issue.

Uh.

Allmywat.jpg

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Menaka.5092

Uh.

Allmywat.jpg

We have another spec coming together with Chronomancer? ;D

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Menaka.5092

Confounding Suggestions: Fixed a bug that caused this trait to function improperly with some runes and sigils.
? idk what the issue is here, but I haven’t been using this trait often enough to notice. Probably fair.

It was bugged with runes of the mesmer and sigil of paralyzation. If you were running those, you would lose the Stun part of the trait and the total duration of the daze would be a whopping .2 seconds
I’m gonna test again in the next few days.

I need to see what they did to the others, but overall, I’m not too bothered by these changes. Nothing too drastic really unless you count the Mantra recharge change. Still waiting for pDuelist to be fixed…

Eles got the ICD on Fresh air removed. GG

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

I like how many people are calling the ex-mantra recharge mechanic “QoL”. I’m sure! Why not right? Something that provides waaay more than it’s supposed to is called “OP” not a “QoL” issue.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Uh.

Allmywat.jpg

Woman girl child elephant plz.

Most builds back then could only sustain 2 stacks of mantras which gave 8% damage. Now we will sustain at least 3 stacks of the buff and it will give us 9% damage.

Is the trait weird? Yes. Should people complain about nerfing PvE when the chronomancer is coming? Yes if it is a super nerf. This is not. Half of you will forget the trait even exists when hot comes

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

I have my doubts that the Mantra “bug” was actually a bug. I’m more keen on the idea that they put the recharge on charge in to live play test it and see how it worked.

Honestly, I don’t think we’re out of the woods yet with the nerfs. If history tells us anything, we’re due for more.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Setay.2135

Setay.2135

Well not only did they nerf the recharge in the background they also nerfed the unprepared mantras.

Have mantra of resolve off of cooldown (meaning no stacks) then charge up Mantra of recovery. Now use mantra of recovery. It puts Resolve on 20 second cooldown and refreshes that cooldown every time you push recovery.

Way to fix an apparent “bug” while giving us another one.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

SlimChance.6593

Have you tested this with all the mantras? Is bug causing ALL Mantra’s to have a 20 second cooldown?

EDIT: Just went into the mists and I don’t see what your describing. Mantra of Resolve has a 20 second cooldown to begin with.

I tried all the different Mantra’s and none of them seem to affect the other’s cooldowns. So what exactly are you doing?

(edited by SlimChance.6593)

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Well not only did they nerf the recharge in the background they also nerfed the unprepared mantras.

Have mantra of resolve off of cooldown (meaning no stacks) then charge up Mantra of recovery. Now use mantra of recovery. It puts Resolve on 20 second cooldown and refreshes that cooldown every time you push recovery.

Way to fix an apparent “bug” while giving us another one.

WHAT the KITTEN?!? :o

I haven’t played since this patch, but that sounds ridiculous.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Setay.2135

Setay.2135

Seriously when i have mantra of recovery prepared and matra of resolve not. Mantra of recovery is putting mantra of resolve on cooldown for 20 seconds each time I press the button.

This is not happening in the mists. Just in the normal pve game world.

(edited by Setay.2135)

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I can confirm this. If you have Mender’s Purity and use Power Return, an uncharged Mantra of Resolve will go on full cooldown.

Pretty nasty bug this one.

Gandara

(edited by Simonoly.4352)

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

ASP.8093

It’s amazing how three years into the existence of this game, they still can’t get the “trait acts as a copy of a skill” thing to work right. :/

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jace al Thor.6745

Jace al Thor.6745

I can confirm this. If you have Mender’s Purity and use Power Return, an uncharged Mantra of Resolve will go on full cooldown.

Mantra of distraction as well

Sachyi Asuna. A [KING]’s Mesmer Unified Kingdom

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

I can’t replicate MoD.

As far as I can tell, the bug is with mender’s purity, it’s not related to the heal mantra. If you activate a heal with mender’s purity equipped, it will put mantra of resolve on the full cooldown.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jace al Thor.6745

Jace al Thor.6745

I can’t replicate MoD.

As far as I can tell, the bug is with mender’s purity, it’s not related to the heal mantra. If you activate a heal with mender’s purity equipped, it will put mantra of resolve on the full cooldown.

I’ll do it again later but you are correct that is with Inspiration. I was running Dom, dueling, illusions and switched illusions to inspiration and started seeing it put on cd’s.

Sachyi Asuna. A [KING]’s Mesmer Unified Kingdom

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

ASP.8093

It seems to be inconsistent. I’ve gotten it to happen and then I changed my bar around and it didn’t happen. Who the heck knows. :/

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Very consistent for me. Equip inspiration, toss on the cleanse mantra, and use any heal.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: FJSAMA.2867

FJSAMA.2867

It’s amazing how three years into the existence of this game, they still can’t get the “trait acts as a copy of a skill” thing to work right. :/

yep, create a new skill with same name + “trait” at the end (for example: Power Cleanse – trait) and copy-paste skill code keeping most of proprieties of it ( like skill class group /type, in this case, mantra) to keep all the synergys with other traits (in this case HM) and only adjusting, if needed, skill recharge and/or skill cast time (would fix Illusionary Inspiration/ Blurred Inscriptions+Mender Purity healing signet clunkyess and “shadow aftercast”) and make the trait use this “new” skill instead seems obvious. Yet i doubt it is 100% like this… But im not the programmer and i might oversight few things since we dont see the whole picture…

(edited by FJSAMA.2867)

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

ArenaNet: “We’re taking some things out of traits and giving you them as baseline so you don’t have to worry about traiting them anymore… Here’s Illusionary Elasticity baseline!”

Mesmers: “Yay!”

ArenaNet: “Actually, we’re gonna take it away from Mirror Blade which is the only reason it was taken in the first place for Double Ranged Power Shatter builds. Now you don’t get it baseline for this skill, and you can’t even trait it either.”

Mesmers: “…”

As a loyal fan, I’ll be playing this game until GW3, but ArenaNet sure does kitten me off sometimes.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

ArenaNet: “Actually, we’re gonna take it away from Mirror Blade which is the only reason it was taken in the first place for Double Ranged Power Shatter builds. Now you don’t get it baseline for this skill, and you can’t even trait it either.”

Illusionary Elasticity’s effect is actually most pronounced in condition builds with Staff Clones AA-ing. IE was always in tough competition with other traits in the master line, but it was only a “must-have” in condition builds going into Illusions.