Yay more nerfs! /dance

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Anyone else notice that Power Lock now has a 5 second ICD?

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

Anyone else notice that Power Lock now has an 5 second ICD?

Err, it did before.

Or do you mean the Halting Strike damage on Power Block?

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Anyone else notice that Power Lock now has an 5 second ICD?

Power lock has a 5 second cooldown, not an internal cooldown, and this is how it always has been.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Ah, good call. I’ve rarely used it and didn’t recall seeing the 5 second icd.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

I totally called the Mirror Blade nerf, though many other Mesmers disagreed.

The change to Mantras is disappointing. I did think it was over the top but I preferred to see Mantras start CDing after the first charge is expended while in combat. Going back to only CDing after the last charge encourages people to blow all their charges after the first to avoid wasting CD, especially for MoRec where the low down time between heals is a major factor in choosing it over the alternatives.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Illusionary Elasticity’s effect is actually most pronounced in condition builds with Staff Clones AA-ing. IE was always in tough competition with other traits in the master line, but it was only a “must-have” in condition builds going into Illusions.

What you are saying is completely irrelevant to what I’m saying. Double Ranged Shatter is a power-based build that saw tourney play. Condition-based Mesmer builds are for hot-join heroes. We’re not even discussing on the same level here.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I’d rather they balance around PvP than around my ability to tag mobs… wouldn’t you?

I’d rather they just remove PvP at this point.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Illusionary Elasticity’s effect is actually most pronounced in condition builds with Staff Clones AA-ing. IE was always in tough competition with other traits in the master line, but it was only a “must-have” in condition builds going into Illusions.

What you are saying is completely irrelevant to what I’m saying. Double Ranged Shatter is a power-based build that saw tourney play. Condition-based Mesmer builds are for hot-join heroes. We’re not even discussing on the same level here.

Double Ranged Shatter & Classic Shatter sucked in tourney play. Other builds put in 50% less effort and got 50%+ more reward. The fact that it was present at all is irrelevant to this particular discussion in which you claim IE was only taken for Double Ranged. I’m just here to inform you once again that IE is most potent in condi builds. Have tougher skin, darling. It’s not that serious.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

Should have changed mantras to recharge after first cast. Now we need to blow every mantra charge after the first cast to speed up recharge which makes mantra clunky to use again. Why does Anet always nerf things that don’t need to be nerfed and not just address the core issues?

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I’d rather they balance around PvP than around my ability to tag mobs… wouldn’t you?

I’d rather they just remove PvP at this point.

They have the ability to balance PvE and PvP separately they just don’t want to which is a mistake.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: denis.9487

denis.9487

Double Ranged Shatter & Classic Shatter sucked in tourney play. Other builds put in 50% less effort and got 50%+ more reward. The fact that it was present at all is irrelevant to this particular discussion in which you claim IE was only taken for Double Ranged. I’m just here to inform you once again that IE is most potent in condi builds. Have tougher skin, darling. It’s not that serious.

Other builds classes take care of that effort reward which has no bearing here. If that was the case where was this condition build in top level tourney play? Seems if it was an option we would have seen it. Hot join hero stuff if cool but not relevant. The ramp up time is 4ever hence the lack of high tier condition staff clones aa. It was taken in power builds even if using sword torch it is a big boost in damage.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Velimere.7685

Other builds classes take care of that effort reward which has no bearing here. If that was the case where was this condition build in top level tourney play? Seems if it was an option we would have seen it. Hot join hero stuff if cool but not relevant. The ramp up time is 4ever hence the lack of high tier condition staff clones aa. It was taken in power builds even if using sword torch it is a big boost in damage.

Quoted for biblical accuracy and truth.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: landhere.8576

landhere.8576

Anet said they’d balance every week, but it took them this long to do so little and to nerf mesmer? Now I’m really glad I didn’t preorder the expansion. On top of that, I quit.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

@Windwalker
Would you now recommend malicious over Ineptitude for PvP condi build?

me no. the blind and confusion combination is just so needed in pvp for 20% scepter cd and 15% speed attack (the AA doest changed the clone rate)

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

@Windwalker

me no. the blind and confusion combination is just so needed in pvp for 20% scepter cd and 15% speed attack (the AA doest changed the clone rate)

idk, I’ve been liking my quick stomps…

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Should have changed mantras to recharge after first cast. Now we need to blow every mantra charge after the first cast to speed up recharge which makes mantra clunky to use again. Why does Anet always nerf things that don’t need to be nerfed and not just address the core issues?

donno, i think they like us to have that double awkward cd……

I always wanted anet to remove that intermediate cd and increase cast time…… they when with the clunky route…

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Saying that IE’s main and best use was for Double Ranged Shatter while also implying there was no competition with Illusionary Invigoration is a factually incorrect statement. I know internet scholars don’t like the bitterness of #TruthTea sometimes, but my statement wasn’t meant to incite an unnecessary argument.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Velimere.7685

Saying that IE’s main and best use was for Double Ranged Shatter while also implying there was no competition with Illusionary Invigoration is a factually incorrect statement. I know internet scholars don’t like the bitterness of #TruthTea sometimes, but my statement wasn’t meant to incite an unnecessary argument.

Illusionary Invigoration for Double Ranged Shatter? Nope.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I agree and I’m glad I don’t play power shatter anymore, and I used to be a die hard Sword/Torch + GS player, never liked double ranged.

Even using GS + Sw/T in classic 4/4/0/0/6, iElasticity was still superior to iInvigoration even with it only buffing mirror blade – for the reason of maximising burst especially against other glass cannons such as thieves.

Now it’s not even an option, although with the current state of damage in the game it’s not such a big deal – until they shave all the amulets/damage formulas…

(edited by Curunen.8729)

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: denis.9487

denis.9487

I agree and I’m glad I don’t play power shatter anymore, and I used to be a die hard Sword/Torch + GS player, never liked double ranged.

Even using GS + Sw/T in classic 4/4/0/0/6, iElasticity was still superior to iInvigoration even with it only buffing mirror blade – for the reason of maximising burst especially against other glass cannons such as thieves.

Now it’s not even an option, although with the current state of damage in the game it’s not such a big deal – until they shave all the amulets/damage formulas…

But imo that’s the biggest issue. Anet but the cart in front of the horse. How can Mesmer take a hit on burst damage when across the board damage is high. Imagine when amulets damage formula looked at we will be throwing an unblockable wet noodle that they will not revert.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

ASP.8093

This patch took the most elegant and fun thing about the new mesmer and wholesale gutted it instead of really looking for a balance fix.

Now (with the exception of IP baseline, which is still nice, and good, and necessary) we’re playing the same old buggy class with some OP gimmicks slapped on top.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Honestly PvP is just kittening me off at the moment. I can do well in it but everywhere its 20 stack burns from Guard and eles, permaevading theifs with a million stun breaks, eles with higher damage mobility and sustain then the pre patch cele ele and retaliation by itself making it almost imposible to play a power ranger but no apprently its Mesmer that needs all the nerfs because reasons…

The thought that they ever thought this would become an esport is laughable.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithamir.5928

Ithamir.5928

Honestly PvP is just kittening me off at the moment. I can do well in it but everywhere its 20 stack burns from Guard and eles, permaevading theifs with a million stun breaks, eles with higher damage mobility and sustain then the pre patch cele ele and retaliation by itself making it almost imposible to play a power ranger but no apprently its Mesmer that needs all the nerfs because reasons…

The thought that they ever thought this would become an esport is laughable.

Can you really blame them? With everyone and I mean everyone. Including self-proclaimed main mesmers in this very forum. Asked Cried for nerfs. it was nigh impossible to avoid this scenario. And the crying for nerfs isn’t over yet. Prepare yourself, more nerfs are coming.

Praise be to Balthazar, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

Yes, but what they asked for was not implemented, instead we have another mediocre “fix”.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

ASP.8093

It’s true that nerfing the CS+MoD stun combo directly would literally have been the path of least resistance.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

Yes, but what they asked for was not implemented, instead we have another mediocre “fix”.

That is typical with Anet. And the mesmer pvp’ers know this, yet they never learn to keep their mouths shut. Mesmer pve’ers will always be substandard (compared to other classes) as long as the mesmer pvp’ers keep whining and Anet refuses to separate pve from pvp.

None of us can control the behavior of others, so c’est la vie.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

let’s all circlejerk about how terrible anet is at balance /smh

invigoration was an amazing trait and better than elasticity with sw/t, i can’t see how you’d think otherwise :O (I mean… opinions sure, but this just feels like too blatantly obvious to me) it’s literally double the invulnerability.

I think making mantras start recharging after using the first charge is a good compromise.

can’t wait for the OP chronomancer defenders coming over here at the first sight of deserved nerf to QQ and say they quit the game

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

(edited by Kitta.3657)

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithamir.5928

Ithamir.5928

invigoration was an amazing trait and better than elasticity with sw/t, i can’t see how you’d think otherwise :O (I mean… opinions sure, but this just feels like too blatantly obvious to me) it’s literally double the invulnerability.

I think making mantras start recharging after using the first charge is a good compromise.

can’t wait for the OP chronomancer defenders coming over here at the first sight of deserved nerf to QQ and say they quit the game

Chronomancer isn’t even out, yet you already know that is overpowered and deserved to be nerfed.

You seem like a reasonable and logical guy that judges things case by case and not make up his mind months in advance without any real knowledge on the matter. Can’t wait to hear more from you in the future, each word a precious gem. /s

Praise be to Balthazar, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tadsoul.6951

Tadsoul.6951

I don’t main a mesmer but I feel like anet nerfed the wrong thing on you guys
what i had in mind was a nerf to mind wrack
currently mind wrack works like this (damage value change based on power)
clones pbaoe effect(from the baseline trait)
clone 1 1.3k each 1.3k damage
clone 2 900 each 900
clone 3 700 each 700

the nerf i thinking was just changing the structure of mindwrack
1 to 4 clones. with the mesmer himself counting as one clone
this way blowing up 1 clone doesnt feel like your getting the full shatter effect

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

well engineer got a “bug fiix” on automated response so glad they finally fixed the mesmer mantra bug as well very fair!

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

Chronomancer isn’t even out, yet you already know that is overpowered and deserved to be nerfed.

You seem like a reasonable and logical guy that judges things case by case and not make up his mind months in advance without any real knowledge on the matter. Can’t wait to hear more from you in the future, each word a precious gem. /s

Can you read?
It’s all hypothetical, I can’t predict the future nor am I omniscient. I’m saying this (saying this is bullkitten, anet is awful, i’m quitting the game, blablabla) is on the same level of people who will defend what will be OP on chronomancer even if it would be a deserved nerf. It’s quite straight forward and doesn’t leave space for such interpretation as you have. I didn’t say it was OP???
Although I have my own thoughts on the information we currently have, I usually stay pretty down to earth and wait until something is implemented in the game to make my final opinion on something you know… like a normal human being. So yeah, calm down with the personal assumptions over misinterpretation ayyy.
Also I’m totally a logical guy :^) 0/2 assumptions.

Why nerf mindwrack when Arcing slice does 7-8k at full adrenaline . . .

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

@Windwalker

Let’s say that is at least a tougher call now than before. Ineptitude is pretty decent trait, but MS is definitely pretty nice now as well. Between the 6s on your #2, a noticeably faster AA, and the machine-gun #3 this trait almost makes Scepter a decent weapon.

Sad thing is, the 15% attack speed increase shouldn’t be a trait, this is what the weapon simply needed to be remotely competitive.

I think a case can be made for both now. I really dig the #3 in a hybrid build. You can easily have it deliver ~3k damage, while also applying 6 stacks of Confusion and with ~1400 Condition Damage that hurts significantly too.

Even in a Power build it’s nice, but still doesn’t outshine Sword’s BF. If they only fixed our clunky blocks to be actual plain full 1s blocks with insta-summon Clones, then Scepter and OH Sword might have a chance.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Setay.2135

Setay.2135

I’ve gotten used to the stupid recovery and resolve bug. However in breaking the cooldowns between the two they instituted a beneficial bug.

I’m only putting this here because i’d rather then fix the bug above quicker if they know what the benefits of having it broken are.

If you have the traits Mender’s Purity and Harmonious Mantras each use of Power Return adds 2 charges of Mantra Strength (3% stacking) I use my heals offensively twice to build 4 charges + one other mantra to get 15% extra dmg in a few seconds.

The reason that Power Return works this way is because of the crossover with resolve. It thinks i’m using both Power return and Power Cleanse (resolve) at the same time without expending a charge. The offset of this connection is that stupid bug that puts resolve on cooldown if it’s not charged.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Mender’s Purity casts Power Cleanse, which is a mantra, so this is intended.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Mender’s Purity casts Power Cleanse, which is a mantra, so this is intended.

What’s not intended is that if you trait HM and use MoRec while MoResolve not charged, the heal will proc Power Cleanse and put your MoResolve (on utility bar) on full cooldown.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Indeed, i lately experienced that myself when i swapped out MoD for MoR because i had 1 charge left (like always…) and got jumped by a thief during that. I basically had to fight with 2 utilities.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: upsdn.5426

upsdn.5426

haha,

typical ANet, soon enough Mesmers will be back to where they were pre-patch.

Anet just doesn’t want Mesmers to be a strong class, they just have to make things harder for Mesmers.

After watching some of the videos released prior to the 2015-06-23 patch, whenever mesmer is brought up, I get this feeling that Robert Gee is itching to nerf mesmer stuff. It might just be a coincidence, or a temperament thing, but he’s usually the first to speak up about “changing numbers” that are “too high,” or to add a disclaimer on a teased-at future mesmer change that sounds like it might make mesmers less puny. I’m sure he isn’t plotting, but it just sounds that way.

I’m not saying mesmer is currently weak, or that this one particular person is secretly plotting to nerf mesmers into the ground. But I do get the feeling that some people at ANet (and in the playerbase) just don’t like mesmers, because they’re mesmers. (I especially get that feeling when I’m talking to a necro or a thief. Again, it’s a feeling, usually heightened by signs in conversation—but I won’t claim to have some kind of kitten statistics on player opinion by class.)

Edited for emphasis.

(edited by upsdn.5426)

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

@upsdn
You can’t accuse the one that gave us chronomancer, IP baseline and made mesmer a staple of high competitive PvP of mesmer hate. (Some of) the player base hates mesmer because they don’t understand it!. Mesmer is one of the least straightforward class in the game and also one of the least played.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

upsdn.5426

@upsdn
You can’t accuse the one that gave us chronomancer, IP baseline and made mesmer a staple of high competitive PvP of mesmer hate.

Did you not read my many disclaimers? I’m not accusing. I’m absolutely not accusing. I specifically said it over and over just to avoid having someone accuse me of that, because I know already.

It would be great if you’d take the time to actually read my post and then acknowledge that you misunderstood me.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

I didn’t really accuse you of accusing Robert Gee. I wanted to point that on the opposite of what you were “feeling”, I feel he has done in the past month a lot of good things for us. Some decisions were misplaced in my opinions (nerfing chaotic dampening, harmonious mantra, but keeping CS and PU), but overall I think the class is in a better place than 2 months ago.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

upsdn.5426

I didn’t really accuse you of accusing Robert Gee. I wanted to point that on the opposite of what you were “feeling”, I feel he has done in the past month a lot of good things for us. Some decisions were misplaced in my opinions (nerfing chaotic dampening, harmonious mantra, but keeping CS and PU), but overall I think the class is in a better place than 2 months ago.

Your words, verbatim:

@upsdn
You can’t accuse the one that gave us chronomancer, IP baseline and made mesmer a staple of high competitive PvP of mesmer hate.

If that doesn’t imply that I was accusing him, then you must experience language in a drastically different way than most of the rest of us do.

Director: “So we ain’t making Casablanca. Chin up, big guy.”
[…]
BoJack: “The movie’s such a piece of [kitten] and all. I mean, you’re the one who said we’re not making Casablanca.”
D: “Right, because Casablanca is a movie about a club owner named Rick. This movie’s about Secretariat, a racehorse.”
B: “Wait, you literally meant we’re not making the actual movie Casablanca?”
D: “That movie already exists. Why would we make Casablanca?”

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

I agree with upsdn, listen to Robert Gee talk and he is hesistant to push things too far, his main concern seemed to be trying to make Mesmer balanced and not too strong. Unfortunatly if you listen to his colleagues on other classes, Guardian and Ele in particular, their main concern seems to be pushing thing to be as big, flashy and effective as possible.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

@upsdn
I know my words, I just meant that the focus of my message was to say I think Robert did help us recently, not blaming you for what you said.

@Levetty
So Robert is reasonable and the others are not? It is clear that while everyone seem to be focusing on the presumed OP-ness of mesmer, the fact that all high-tier PvP and PvE team have between 2 and 3 elementalist out of 5 toons seems legit for everyone…

To be fair, nobody likes to be 100-0 before even noticing there was an enemy around, while an nearly-unkillable, extreme support, decent damage D/D elementalist is OP-er but still less frustrating.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

haha,

typical ANet, soon enough Mesmers will be back to where they were pre-patch.

Anet just doesn’t want Mesmers to be a strong class, they just have to make things harder for Mesmers.

After watching some of the videos released prior to the 2015-06-23 patch, whenever mesmer is brought up, I get this feeling that Robert Gee is itching to nerf mesmer stuff. It might just be a coincidence, or a temperament thing, but he’s usually the first to speak up about “changing numbers” that are “too high,” or to add a disclaimer on a teased-at future mesmer change that sounds like it might make mesmers less puny. I’m sure he isn’t plotting, but it just sounds that way.

I’m not saying mesmer is currently weak, or that this one particular person is secretly plotting to nerf mesmers into the ground. But I do get the feeling that some people at ANet (and in the playerbase) just don’t like mesmers, because they’re mesmers. (I especially get that feeling when I’m talking to a necro or a thief. Again, it’s a feeling, usually heightened by signs in conversation—but I won’t claim to have some kind of kitten statistics on player opinion by class.)

Edited for emphasis.

thanks for your post, it’s good to know I’m not the only one with the conspiracy theory. It’s just troubling to accept the Anet’s nerfs to Mesmers (to some extend on other classes as well) as incompetence, because clearly they have the people (like Robert Gee) and other devs that created this game we all like to play. But the pattern of nerfing traits and skills that are not the main issues raised by both PvE and PvP community really baffle me to no end. The only reason would be Anet WANT certain classes to be played certain way, they can say loud and clear about supporting “build diversity” for all classes, but clearly that’s not the case here. At least we know for sure the love Ele, you cant go wrong playing that class as a main. Too bad I just cant get it right (same goes with Engie).

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

upsdn.5426

@upsdn
I know my words, I just meant that the focus of my message was to say I think Robert did help us recently, not blaming you for what you said.

Again, your words, verbatim:

I didn’t really accuse you of accusing Robert Gee.

But you really did accuse me of accusing Robert Gee. Am I speaking Klingon? Or are you just being dishonest to avoid having to respond to what I actually said, rather than what you assumed I said?

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Flow.2947

Flow.2947

Sad times for me and the my matra just logged in today. But ok both together HM + mirrowblade combo was realy too strong.

it was almost guarantied a 65% bonus on a shatter. +the normal hits you do while the shatter/mantra dmg. thats why the toned it down i guess to 50%?

what i realy dont like is the cd thingy grrrr that was the best thing you mad for mantras althogh it was a bug grrrr.

Yay more nerfs! /dance

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i dont see any problem in power mesmer
the problem i see is in other classes. ele dmg is bit higher but stay the same meta with cele. but they got nice escape and cleanse buff which make them to stay alive longer
same for engi , guard, warrior etc (but thief). maybe i worng i dont know but to take someone 100-0 in 1 combo is just big no even if he is below average player.

all in all in any fight i had the past week i saw 1-2 mesmer in each group. if the dmg is so low why not just reroll.

also the problem is they didnt fix what was needed. now almost every mesmer i see is power pu (common) while the good ones dont stay longer and just kiting the bad ones just enjoy while in stealth. boring