You fav/most used Trait

You fav/most used Trait

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Mine is Deceptive Evasion. I pretty much don’t run any builds without it

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

You fav/most used Trait

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Illusionists Celerity.

/thread

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

You fav/most used Trait

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

i feel like illusionists celerity shouldn’t even count lol don’t think there’s a single person on planet earth playing mes not using it-.-

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

You fav/most used Trait

in Mesmer

Posted by: Drederik.5679

Drederik.5679

blink is really hard to not have (even though im trying a build now that does not use it)

i feel naked without it

You fav/most used Trait

in Mesmer

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

I have to have both Deceptive Evasion and illusionists persona.

Other than that everything is ok but those are great.

*edited because it’s been a long day and my brain ran out of juice.

(edited by Drunken Mad King.8193)

You fav/most used Trait

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Illusionary persona ftw

You fav/most used Trait

in Mesmer

Posted by: ihrayeep.3805

ihrayeep.3805

Feedback & Arcane Thievery. I love killing idiots with their own things

So if you guys want to put an allusion in there somewhere, like Poe or something…

You fav/most used Trait

in Mesmer

Posted by: Voodoo Tina.4180

Voodoo Tina.4180

For traits, deceptive evasion.

You fav/most used Trait

in Mesmer

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Mirror of Anguish.

I mean it’s not the most practical trait. Thanks to the long CD, but watching a Guardian use Banish is hilarious.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

You fav/most used Trait

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheComet.6471

TheComet.6471

Illusionary Persona or Restorative Mantras here, iPersona is awesome because with the heal on shatter trait, I can heal without illusions up for burst healing

Kaineng – Co-Leader of Skrittical Hits
Sybol – Healing Bunker Charr Mesmer (80)
Dresdon Honorclaw – Zerk All-Ranged Charr Warrior | Hawke Fullmoon – Melee Ranger

You fav/most used Trait

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Deceptive Evasion too.

You fav/most used Trait

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

Medic’s Feedback

kill all ze thingz

You fav/most used Trait

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

It’s not my most important trait, but I really like Debilitating Dissipation: mostly because it’s fun watching Clones explode in my enemy’s face.

You can get Crippling Dissipation or Confusing Combatants for the same effect, but IMO they’re not as good as DD.

You fav/most used Trait

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mjk.7562

Mjk.7562

Deceptive Evasion +

41 Ranger, 80 Thief, 80 Warrior, 80 Mesmer, 80 Ele.

You fav/most used Trait

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Deceptive Evasion, especially after the latest heavy phantasm nerf it’s practically unavoidable.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

You fav/most used Trait

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lux.6490

Lux.6490

Funny how a bugged trait, Deceptive Evasion, is still our favorite one. That trait has brought me more trouble than aid lately, and seems to be focused on bringing as many critters into the fight as possible.

You fav/most used Trait

in Mesmer

Posted by: cpearson.9374

cpearson.9374

I love Illusionary Persona. Self-shattering lets you drop Distortion on yourself, plus any other shatter effects elsewhere in your traits. I find it hard not to have it, but then I often prefer a heavy shatter build over phantasm. I also like synergizing glamour skills, like Feedback (absolutely love it and Temporal Curtain for wonderful mayhem in WvW, etc.). Placing blind upon glamours can be fun (especially if you can fit in the trait that confuses when you blind). Along with confusing while blinding, you through on some Signet traits and take with you Midnight Signet, Torch for Prestige skill, and so on, you can be a real pain in the kiester. There are lots of subtle synergies, but these general ones have served me well nearly all the time. And if you have a main hand sword equipped, reducing cooldown on its skills with the trait gives a pretty rapid return of Blurred Frenzy for just about every situation. I just wish the trait that causes reflection when you are under distortion worked with that skill. But, that’s where Illusionary Persona lets you drop that shatter skill even without a clone, if you desperately need it.

You fav/most used Trait

in Mesmer

Posted by: cpearson.9374

cpearson.9374

…Oh, must also add that the trait that gives you a one second distortion by activating a signet can have all manner of synergies.

You fav/most used Trait

in Mesmer

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

I have been a big fan of Illusionary Persona ever since I found out about it back during the Beta Weekends.

It pains me to even consider a build that doesn’t have that trait. It would just seem so wrong to not have a shatter effect on myself. Not requiring an illusion to shatter makes Diversion and Distortion even more amazing than those shatters are in the first place.

You fav/most used Trait

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Illusionary Persona or Restorative Mantras here, iPersona is awesome because with the heal on shatter trait, I can heal without illusions up for burst healing

How much does that heal on shatter normally heal for?

You fav/most used Trait

in Mesmer

Posted by: SuperSpicyCurry.2415

SuperSpicyCurry.2415

A bunch of you keep listing skills, that’s not what the OP is asking.
OT: Illusionary Persona, that one second of diversion or a supprise daze is always nice

You fav/most used Trait

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chriswck.6490

Chriswck.6490

Illusionists Celerity that gives 20% fasterrecharge toallillusion-summingskillswithonly5pointinvesmentinIllusionsTraitLineDUHHHHH?!?!

In that case, what about major trait?
Perhaps Illusionary Persona

You fav/most used Trait

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Funny how a bugged trait, Deceptive Evasion, is still our favorite one. That trait has brought me more trouble than aid lately, and seems to be focused on bringing as many critters into the fight as possible.

Yeah, that’s really fun. Already having a hard time? OK I’M GONNA AGGRO THAT YELLOW MOB TOO! Mesmers are awkwardesome.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

You fav/most used Trait

in Mesmer

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

I hardly ever run without Deceptive Evasion (only in pve do I drop it). iPersona is probably my favorite though, along with shattered concentration (nerf inc).

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

You fav/most used Trait

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I love deceptive evasion as well, but my favorite, among those I am actually able to use, is Crippling Dissipation (clones cripple nearby targets when killed). Any enemy with a short cast time AOE is pretty much guaranteed permanent cripple.

Even though I no longer take enough points in the last line to use it, Dazzling Glamours is also really cool. Slot the feedback, veil and null field utility skills (and equip a torch) and you can keep an AOE blind up for a large percentage of an encounter.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)