Your Top 3 Favorite Mesmer Skills. Why?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

3. Feedback – Such an amazing area denial tool against ranged builds.

2. Phase Retreat – Although Blink is ‘better’ having such a weapon skill is awesome.

1. Counter Blade – That cooldown. I love it. Just wished the projectile was faster.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pwent.2639

Pwent.2639

1: Blink :/ who would have thought

2: diversion

3: Does halting strike count? If not phase retreat.

Runners up would have to be Chaos storm and Iwave.

Ida

in Mesmer

Posted by: Calliope.8675

Calliope.8675

No one has said it yet, so I will…

1. Polymorph Moa: What a glorious skill! I love it just for the cries of agony of my opponents (mostly my teammates though, so I know that my enemy screams at their screen too). Whenever one of my teammates would get Moa’d all I’d hear is, “WTF!? Moa! ARRRRGH! Kill the mesmer!”

2. Distortion: It makes me look pretty amazing in dungeons. A squad mate is down? No problem! I’ve got them up. I’m out of dodges and this next attack will kill me? No worries! Though, to be honest, I really only pop Distortion in CoE and at Alpha – sometimes at the Destroyer boss if I’m ressing and I see a Dragon Tooth about to drop on me.

3. Illusionary Counter: Underrated and often improperly used, but I love it so much. When I used to train my guildmates with PU Mesmer (most of them picked that build themselves), I would tell them how to use it. The counter relies on something striking you in order cast torment on the opponent. What most people fail to take into account is that this works on any ground aoe. You can counter while in stealth and unless they’re already mid-dodge or using their own block/invulnerability, there is no way they can avoid it.

Honorable Mention ~ Chaos Storm: Because my team bunker is tickled pink that I play this skill defensively rather than offensively and almost always get my enemy to play into my hands with it. Plus, he likes to stand in it too and soak up my boons.

As a side note, my staple PvE skills are Blink, Feedback, and Mirror Images (TW does not count in this list as it is expected of every mesmer). Additionally, I love to use Mantra of Distraction now that I’ve mastered it (WvW and PvP mostly).

(edited by Calliope.8675)