Zerker vs Assassins | Scholar vs Ranger

in Mesmer

Posted by: masdeath.6930

masdeath.6930

Hey all. I’m gearing up a new level 80 mesmer alt for PVE and I’ve been hearing mixed messages in terms of the best armor setup. I know in general zerker armor is king but I usually LFG so I can’t count on getting reliable fury/banner of discipline so I’m thinking my crit chance will probably be a bit too low running zerker/scholar. For that reason, I’m thinking of either running assassins armor or running ranger runes over scholar runes. Anyone know which combination of armor+runes yields the highest dps? Thanks in advance!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Ranger runes don’t work.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Don’t put too much stock in what the casuals trying to be smart are saying. Assassin and Zerker armor are actually pretty much equal in damage output at most levels of damage and depending on how strong your on-crit procs are Assassin pulls ahead in quite a few scenarios. In the mesmer’s case having Sharper Images and using either the Duelist or Warden will give you higher total damage than Zerker.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Assassins is better if you pug. Main reason is that reflects doesnt take into account your power, just crit chance.

Rangers runes are bugged and the damage modifier is always working.

So yes. Assassins and rangers.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

in Mesmer

Posted by: masdeath.6930

masdeath.6930

Awesome, huge thanks for the info guys. Really appreciate it. <3 Time to pick up a set of assassins armor and ranger runes!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Keep in mind that Scolar > Ranger (> ruby orbs) if you stay more than about 20% of the fight above 90%.
Assassins work the best for soloing and pugging without fury (which is quiet rare tho). Berserker+Scolar works the best for speedruns.

Snow Crows [SC]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

If I recall properly, Scholar Vs orbs is 25% and scholar Vs ranger is 45% . Check Obal’s dps guide in guardian forum.

Also consider centaur runes. I’m pretty newbie* into making numbers but I think you only lose 5% dps in exchange of permaswiftness. Travelers are like 10%.

*As I am learning I don’t take into account condition damage. So actually is less than 5 and 10 %

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

(edited by Ryn.6459)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Keep in mind, however, that +X% does not affect your Phantasms and only affects your raw damage output (not condition damage). This means your auto attacks and reflects will be stronger, in addition to a few other weapon skills and Mantra of Pain and Mimic.