about sigils

about sigils

in Mesmer

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

well here is another question about sigils, lets see… a couple days ago i asked if illusion hits counted towards the sigil proc, and someone said it doesnt so i was wondering, would it be a waste to put a proc sigil on any off-hand weapon?

pistol: would proc only from the stun bullet
sword: would proc only from parry
focus: does it even have a chance to proc something?

but then i remembered that i used to carry a sword/sword set with fire/air sigil and both sigils would proc from time to time

so here is the question, both weapons have a proc chance on ANY hit regrdles of what weapon provides said hit? or what? maybe illusions do count towards weapon proc…

well what do you guys think?

about sigils

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

about sigils

in Mesmer

korelg.7862

about sigils

in Mesmer

Posted by: dan.3618

dan.3618

link dont work.

does anyone know if illusions proc sigils?

about sigils

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lord Cheswold III.5780

Lord Cheswold III.5780

Link works fine for me, try opening it in a new tab or google it.

about sigils

in Mesmer

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

They do i think, im sure i’ve had a fireblast centered on my iWarden before. I’m not too sure though cause i tend to use stacking sigils and battle in pve (battle and sig of insp is nice to help out more might stacking)
If you want to test go grab a sigil in hotm and just cast a phant. Take a picture and post it here so there is a source for future folk ^^

about sigils

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Illusions do not proc sigils.

about sigils

in Mesmer

Posted by: profgast.7816

profgast.7816

General rule of thumb: Anything you will take retaliation damage from will proc sigils. This means YES to regular attacks and anything you reflect at them. No to clones and phantasms with the sole exception of Yes if your iWarden is traited to reflect and reflects an attack.

about sigils

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

with the sole exception of Yes if your iWarden is traited to reflect and reflects an attack.

Nope, not an exception actually. That circumstance still uses the warden as the source of the attack, and the warden uses no sigils.

about sigils

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shadowkiller.6725

Shadowkiller.6725

i could wrong but before they changed illusionary elasticity, i swore that staff clones attack…not the clones inital chaos wind but when it bounced for a second time…sigils would proc. i could be wrong though and it was my attack that bounced back and proc. chaos wind looks like a ball being bounced around and it was difficult to tell which came from myself or the clones when all you see is a bunch of balls being bounced inbetween you and illusions…what say you pyro?…know if the bounce from a clone is that clones attack or was it registered as the players own attack? i apologize if what i’m saying seems to be garbage…actually outdated garbage because they changed the trait to only affect the players attack awhile ago. i’ll stop spreading garbage on the forums and wish everyone farewell and happy theorycrafting building debating…whatever you all do on the forums

a lighter thief

about sigils

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Well, first of all, they never changed illusionary elasticity. It has never worked with staff clones, and it still doesn’t.

Secondly, that would still be an attack from the clone, not you. You can tell because it does clone level damage, not your level damage.

about sigils

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shadowkiller.6725

Shadowkiller.6725

i think everything is going to be ok pyro. everything is going to be ok.i once had a build similar to your immortal mesmer but instead of going retaliation, this one went for blind and confusion…well…you probably can figure out the rest and the state of it’s build. i sincerly hope you update your build some way some how…bunker builds it can tell you alot about the player that’s my belief. i leave the forums to all you scholars. gg

a lighter thief

about sigils

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Guys just liten to Pyro My god he said everything right about 3 times now.

• no procs
  • no exception
  • not even clones
Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

about sigils

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

As the topic has been answered already, I still think I gotta paste some information for the OP

Vague rules of efficiency of sigils:

• Do not use two “on crit” sigils in two hands
  • Do not use two “on weaponswap” sigils in two hands
  • Do not use one “on crit” and one “on weaponswap” in two different weaponsets
  • Do not use different “kill stack” sigils in any weapons

And also:
It “doesn’t” matter in which hand you put in the sigil. If you put it into the focus, it also triggers with sword attacks or Mantra of Pain. The sigil becomes an attribute of yourself, not the weapon. That’s also why it doesn’t work with illusions.

about sigils

in Mesmer

korelg.7862

wow, this is old xD

but yes, on crit sigils are pretty bad for phant mesmers, better go with flat bonus sigil, on swap sigil or stacking sigil

still, might on crit sigil kinda works well on GS

about sigils

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Not really. You wont get 6 stacks permanently wich you will have with battle. Also you wont be nonestop aaing. Utility skills, interrupt, summoning, dodge …

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”