after cast weapon tricks

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

helesth talked about it on youtube

he said you can get doable healing with F5 with aftercast canceling she aftercast
if i cancel the skill its get 4 sec cd so i wont benefit the healing with F5

what am i doing worng?

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

The trick is to not listen to Helseth.

That’ll rot your brain.

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

see yourself

what am i missing

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

Posted by: joshmossas.6542

joshmossas.6542

Yea I wish he had actually showed that bit in the video. If I have time I’ll experiment with it later tonight and see what I come up with.

Click for dumb PVP videos and probably some other nonesense :D
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKSzslxjEkG4oZJ4ubPZHIg

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

Posted by: CptCuddles.8912

CptCuddles.8912

That’ll rot your brain.

Such juvenile hate.

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

That’ll rot your brain.

Such juvenile hate.

I disagree. Not juvenile. Not hate. Certainly a measure of jest. But mostly a large measure of truth

You though, full serious.

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

If you’re blowing F5 for this, then you can just cast the heal skill normally within F5, pop out, and gain the healing from the aoe. No canceling needed.

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

but what does it means what he saying

he used moa+blink+F5 to reduce the after cast . but i didnt notice anything
if i use moa and weapon stow i cancel the moa and not the after cast
same with healing skill

check his vid and tell me what am i missing

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

same with healing skill

No what he did was cast CS while in moa aftercast which meant it counted the moa as if it was cast in CS. If you slow down the video you will see the golem turns into a moa, the signet appears above his head, then he hits CS so it goes on cool down during CS. When he comes out of CS he has Moa again.

The point behind that is people see CS and think “Ah he’s going to moa me, I’ll dodge!” but this trick moas the target then CS mote appears during aftercast when they are already a Moa.

No idea what he’s talking about with the heal though.

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

So just like a skill won’t reset if CS ends during an aftercast, activating CS during an aftercast will reset the skill. This is good to know, and it makes is even more important to know how long skill aftercast delays are.

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Actually, I see what he’s saying with the heal. I’ve never tried this, but it might work.

Same deal as moa. If the heal effect activates prior to the aftercast, you can cast heal, get healed, CS during the aftercast to effectively refresh it, then heal again. Normally, CS healing eats the initial heal but lets you benefit from 2 pulses of the well. This method might let you get 2 full heals. I’ll have to try it later.

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

same with healing skill

No what he did was cast CS while in moa aftercast which meant it counted the moa as if it was cast in CS. If you slow down the video you will see the golem turns into a moa, the signet appears above his head, then he hits CS so it goes on cool down during CS. When he comes out of CS he has Moa again.

The point behind that is people see CS and think “Ah he’s going to moa me, I’ll dodge!” but this trick moas the target then CS mote appears during aftercast when they are already a Moa.

No idea what he’s talking about with the heal though.

ok thanks but thats what i do always mostly. probably that’s why i didnt get him
i cast moa than CS before it ends when i see the signet sign . only done if i have no illusion mainly for fast moa while the enemy aint rdy for it.

regarding the healing . its 0.5 sec how can you do 0.45 sec CS after cast to get the full 2 ticks… i have never manage to do so.

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

i am getting only the second healing part and not the first one as i am back in time to lower health

(edited by messiah.1908)

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

That’s basicly how you do the common quickness rotation. You don’t cast CS before the first skill, you cast it during the aftercast of Time Warp / Well of Recall, so you extrend the CS duration by the cast time duration of said skill.

The full double heal is neat though.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

That’s basicly how you do the common quickness rotation. You don’t cast CS before the first skill, you cast it during the aftercast of Time Warp / Well of Recall, so you extrend the CS duration by the cast time duration of said skill.

how you manage to do it as the cast time is 0.5 sec . when is the aftercast exactly?

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

how you manage to do it as the cast time is 0.5 sec . when is the aftercast exactly?

After doing the quickness rotation enough times you sorta get a feel for it. Time warp has a pretty significant aftercast (maybe .25 seconds or so?), so you pop CS during that.

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

got it thanks

manage to do so but its so tricky and fast well of eternity is 0.25 cast. so not always it happening so during fight manage only once

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Cast some skills in the testing area and check how long the icons flash until the cd is there. You can easily reset the cds in the testing area, so I’d suggest you to test it there

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

here is the video of woe+cs after cast trick
thanks guys and helseth

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Can someone explain the shield 4 + jump thing…I really don’t get it…
If someone dodge the end of my shield 4 he will avoid my clone generation..but if I jump i generate it? why?
and if i jump and he does not evade then no clone ? why ?

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

If someone dodge the end of my shield 4 he will avoid my clone generation..but if I jump i generate it? why?

Jumping at the end of shield 4 delays the execution of the skill momentarily. If your opponent has timed their dodge so that they would dodge the moment of the phantasm summon, jumping to delay the skill execution will cause their dodge to be too early, allowing the summon to succeed.

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

if you just use shield and your enemy attacks you and you block you create a phantasm
but if you blind, evaded than no phantasm like any other skill
because the shield create the phantasm after the end of the blocking its easy for some ppl to anticipate it and dodge it, blind it, evade, block it

thus if you jump you create another action which delay the phantasm creation a little bit so if the evade, block ends before the action your phantasm will spawns (unless you blind)

so now the enemy had to think when to evade/dodge. does he waits for you to jump or not….

more useable in 1v1 as in team fights its easy to block

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

if you just use shield and your enemy attacks you and you block you create a phantasm
because the shield create the phantasm after the end of the blocking its easy for some ppl to anticipate it and dodge it, blind it, evade, block it

thus if you jump you create another action which delay the phantasm creation a little bit so if the evade, block ends before the action your phantasm will spawns (unless you blind)

so now the enemy had to think when to evade/dodge. does he waits for you to jump or not….

ty missiah..i understand that jumpingbcreates a delay…more clear for me….but then if i jump and thebennemy does not evade at all…i still create a phantzsm …right ?

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

ty missiah..i understand that jumpingbcreates a delay…more clear for me….but then if i jump and thebennemy does not evade at all…i still create a phantzsm …right ?

yes

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

I still wonder if this is intended or a bug, because to me it’s more like a bug that the shield #4 is the only phantasm that can be dodged. I hope they “fix” this eventually

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

I still wonder if this is intended or a bug, because to me it’s more like a bug that the shield #4 is the only phantasm that can be dodged. I hope they “fix” this eventually

bit its also the only phantasm which can proc twice

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Yes, but it’s also the only phantasm that has no offensive ability.

If you remember when Robert (or whoever it was) was designing it, this was stated as such- “You get double, but it’s purpose is utility and not damage”. Thus two summons assuming you “land” it all.

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

If you remember when Robert (or whoever it was) was designing it, this was stated as such- “You get double, but it’s purpose is utility and not damage”. Thus two summons assuming you “land” it all.

But it’s the only phantasm that give a buff to all allies in an AoE when attacking….

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Besides the utility phantasms, iMage and iWarden are arguably for utility and not damage aswell, hm. I mean the iAvenger does still deal okish damage, only the cd is long but can be skipped with a shatter, the damage is also aoe.

So I’d still consider it a bug then.

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Besides the utility phantasms, iMage and iWarden are arguably for utility and not damage aswell, hm. I mean the iAvenger does still deal okish damage, only the cd is long but can be skipped with a shatter, the damage is also aoe.

So I’d still consider it a bug then.

But the iMage and iWarden DO deal damage.

It’s not so much a bug. It’s closer to an unintended feature.

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

iAvenger deals damage aswell.

Still can’t believe it’s intended though.

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

All of the phantasms can be dodged if the enemy times it right, actually. The thing is that the shield phantasm has a really big tell, so people can more easily judge when to dodge. Other phantasm skills are faster-acting (or at least don’t give forewarning in the form of a purple bubble) so they’re harder to predict.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

All of the phantasms can be dodged if the enemy times it right, actually. The thing is that the shield phantasm has a really big tell, so people can more easily judge when to dodge. Other phantasm skills are faster-acting (or at least don’t give forewarning in the form of a purple bubble) so they’re harder to predict.

Incorrect. No phantasm skill other than the shield can be dodged.

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Why would they only make one phantasm evadable? That seems silly.

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

The way you say that implies that they did this on purpose. What most likely happened is that whoever coded up the skill just didn’t know they were supposed to make it unevadeable or didn’t know how.

after cast weapon tricks

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

iAvenger deals damage aswell.

Still can’t believe it’s intended though.

There are reasons for this. Just as a general rule, things that attack need to deal damage for things like stealth debuffs etc.

The way you say that implies that they did this on purpose. What most likely happened is that whoever coded up the skill just didn’t know they were supposed to make it unevadeable or didn’t know how.

Right. Shield 4 is unique in that it has a double cast. It’s pretty obvious the coder messed it up. There’s no reason why a pointless phantasm shouldn’t summon XD