are non-shatter/clone builds viable? wvw/dung

in Mesmer

Posted by: eXs.6210

eXs.6210

I just created a new mesmer… so I was trying to pick an end game build to look forward to (keeps me motivated to go through 80 levels)

I don’t care about pvp at all… I played since release, never pvped and never planning on it… I enjoy dungeons and running around in a zerg in wvw and picking people off at long range… that’s two things I need out of the build

I heard mesmers are good at both but here comes my dilemma… I’m not a massive fan of spamming clones/phantasms all day and relying on them to do my damage… is there any build out there for me? I’ve been looking at healing, +4% dmg/each mantra build… looks to be decent dps… how is that? Any other build I can use that doesn’t rely on clones?

I don’t mind being squishy, my main is a thief so I know how to dodge/stay out of harms way

Thanks guys!

in Mesmer

Posted by: EsLafiel.4517

EsLafiel.4517

Emanuel.9781 Message that guy, he got a good dps mantra build. You got some clones, and some phantams,,, however they mainly a side thing in his build, not the main focus.

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Shatters are an integral part of the Mesmer class, and you should use them regardless of what build you choose.

That said, the main non-Shatter/phantasm/clonespam builds off the top of my head are:

1. 30/30 Mantra DPS build
2. Glamour spam build, 20/0/0/20/30 or thereabouts; several variants optional
3. Random support builds whose specific specs I’m not aware of because I don’t do support builds (check other threads for more information)

Edit: For picking people off at long range, nothing really beats the 30/30 Mantra build.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Mesmer

Posted by: drongas.4189

drongas.4189

i use this build in pve/dungeons. simple and powerful. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQNAR8alwzip3QzoGaNJyZGQX0hWAJFqWqVSBvdhA;TkAqiMFJKyWkrIZRLLGWshA
soldier armor, emerald jewel and bers guns
for wvw same gear just replace pistol for focus and trait illusion hp to reflect projectles from focus.

if bad link just copy/paste

………..Gandara………..

I’m kill you’r bessies

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Anything with GS is pretty solid. I have a GS and Sword/Focus. The damage is solid and i only shatter when i feel like it or when the enemy/enemies are nearly dead.

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

A good build that I use in WvW and dungeons is a 0/0/20/20/30. The only shatter you consistently rely on is CoF to grant you retaliation. You can use a staff or GS (Gs has shorter cooldowns even when not traited but less defense). Then you use the sword Focus. Focus grants an additional amount of retaliation. And the build give you full up time on regen/retal and partial up time on protection from the minor traits. This build is based off Pyro Atheist’s immortal Mesmer build and it is very very VERY tanky. And very supportive.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: eXs.6210

eXs.6210

Thanks a lot guys, a lot of good info, I’m gonna do more research on this tonight! But it seems like mantra builds aren’t really viable until lvl 60, correct?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wordsworth.7694

Wordsworth.7694

The biggest issue that you’ll run into using a non-shatter build in dungeons is that you will lose your clones really fast- particularly in higher level fractals where you want to shatter asap to maximize damage due to the fact that illusions and clones get killed before they can even get the first attack off.

If you are just doing the easier dungeons and lower level fractals, almost any build can have advantages.

[EO]Ex Oblivione
YOU can’t join.