best runes for pve dps mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

Q:

I’m still in ruby orbs for the time being but wanted to upgrade to runes of the scholar. Is this the best way to go for mesmer? thnx

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

A:

Might stacks on yourself do affect phantasms, but the 10% bonus doesn’t.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Mesmer

Leo Paul.1659

I hear that even with the upgrade to Runes of Strength, Scholar still outshines it when you can maintain the 6th bonus.

in Mesmer

OMNIBUS.2913

thnx for reply, do you know if the 10% bonus affects phantasms? Or how do might stacks on yourself affect phantasms?

(edited by OMNIBUS.2913)

in Mesmer

OMNIBUS.2913

I think i may go runes of strentgh then. Since my build is phantasms after all.

in Mesmer

Leo Paul.1659

Eh, my comment about might stacks on yourself affecting phantasms is missing. :/ Might be a bug on my end. the 10% bonus doesn’t benefit them though..

I think runes of strength are especially good for shatter mesmers because they can stack might better than us phantasmers.

in Mesmer

OMNIBUS.2913

I piked it as best answer leo, thats y u didnt see it XD. thnx though, runes of strentgh are so expensive right now i just changed my mind. The price is shoeing me into scholar runes :/ lol

in Mesmer

Leo Paul.1659

yea they are extremely expensive… I think scholar is still the best option tbh, since phantasm mesmers have better survivability and a really good heal via restorative mantras for an upkeep of health to proc the 6th bonus… but that’s jsut my opinion.. XD

in Mesmer

OMNIBUS.2913

then i gues it worked out for the best, kool!

in Mesmer

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Scholar is the best— 10% DPS bonus to yourself only is still nothing to sneeze at. If you’re in a good group, someone else is stacking might for you and your phantasms, so your Strength Runes are a waste.. Considering Runes of Strength are going for 14 gp a piece right now, save yourself the money.

A great, cheap alternative is Ranger, which gives lots of precision and the 7% bonus is rather easy to maintain by always having an Illusion out.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Scholar – if your party is providing you Might and you can stay above 90% HP. The 10% bonus doesn’t affect Phantasms.

Runes of Strength – If you can’t get reliable might from someone else. Expensive now. These are my general go-to runes.

Runes of the Ranger – Alternative to the all Assassin’s gear build for reflects. Zerker gear + Ranger runes are a great combo.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Leo Paul.1659

If not for the cute parrot that comes with the rune of the privateer, rune of the ranger is my top choice as an alternative…