best stat worst stat

best stat worst stat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Reikan.2908

Reikan.2908

What is your opinion on mesmers most effective and least effective stat?

I would say precision is least important because I don’t feel mesmers are built around criticals at all.
And condition duration as most important as mesmers rely on stacking conditions

best stat worst stat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

http://imgur.com/89HANHg

Edit: But seriously, this is an incredibly flawed question. All stats are important in various builds. There’s no way to answer this appropriately.

The only thing that can be said is that healing power is the worst stat, but that has nothing to do with mesmer.

best stat worst stat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Maybe that’s a late April’s fool, he says exactly the opposit of what is true.
Gearwise, in PvE :
Precision>Power>Condition Damage>Toughness>Vitality>Condition duration (you get that from traits/foods)>Healing power

PvP Power based :
Precision>Power>Toughness>Vitality>Condition Damage>Condition duration (you get that from traits/foods anyways)>Healing power

PvP Condition based :
Condition Damage>Toughness>Precision>Vitality>Condition duration (you get that from traits/foods anyways)>Power>Healing power

Anything else is bad.

Snow Crows [SC]

best stat worst stat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pwent.2639

Pwent.2639

What is your opinion on mesmers most effective and least effective stat?

I would say precision is least important because I don’t feel mesmers are built around criticals at all.
And condition duration as most important as mesmers rely on stacking conditions

:O what lol. A condi mesmer without precision hits like a wet noodle, a large chunk of their damage comes for bleeds on clone crits. Shatter mesmers bank on mind wrack critting for epic damage, and a good 80% of mesmers have vigor on crit selected which doubles your dodge output.

Mesmers need defensive traits less than some other classes (i never feel forced to take my vit over 17k in any build) because a lot of their survival comes from evade/invuln/invis/teleports.

Mesmer scales terribly with healing power it is by far the worst trait for them. The only things that they have that work well with it is regeneration (and maybe that heal on shatter thing, i wouldnt know because imo it takes 80 trait points to be used properly).

Looks like other people beat me to the punch.

Just checked out the shatter heal trait and it scales terribad.

Rabid is the go to armor on condi mes for a reason.

Ida

(edited by Pwent.2639)

best stat worst stat

in Mesmer

Posted by: calavel.6249

calavel.6249

If we ignore Healing Power, which is bad for everyone most of the time, I would have to go with Vitality. IMO the only classes that need vit at all are guardians, eles and thieves. And this is mostly because their base health pools are so small.

best stat worst stat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

If we ignore Healing Power, which is bad for everyone most of the time, I would have to go with Vitality. IMO the only classes that need vit at all are guardians, eles and thieves. And this is mostly because their base health pools are so small.

I would agree with this, if we had to choose one overall stat that in most cases isn’t as important as others.

As for “best” stat, well most likely overall an offensive stat. I’d go with precision because it’s useful in power and condition builds, but it depends entirely on build.

best stat worst stat

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Hm.. with upcomming patch I would say:

Condition duration > Power > Precision> Toughness > Vitality > Condition damage > Crit Damage > Healing Power.

Healing power scales kitten but as mentioned above, that has not really specificly something to do with mesmer.
Condition duration is really important for the immobilizes mesmer does, but I wouldn’t pick it as gear statts. Mainly only as 40% food.
Power > Precission next patch imo.
Precission is still really important with the upcomming patch due the % chance on crit sigils and runes. Flame blast + Sigil of air combined = good burst.

best stat worst stat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

For me (shatter) it currently is:
Precision -> Power/Critdmg -> Vitality -> Toughness .> Condidmg/Healing.

For phantasm i’d say it is:
Power -> Critdmg -> Precision -> Toughness -> Vitality -> Condidmg/Healing.

Condi, i imagine something like:
Precision -> Condidmg -> Toughness -> Power/Vitality -> Critdmg/Healing.

Even after patch i will try to get to 60% critdmg on shatter. It won’t be as effective as it is now, but a crit still does more dmg.

best stat worst stat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Healingpower is a lost stat,

condi = condition dmg, Precision toughness conditionuptime.

Power= Power, Precision, crit dmg, toughness, vitatity
Shatter Power crit dmg is mabye in line or higher than preci but after patch preci better again.

@Pyro, lol at gif.

best stat worst stat

in Mesmer

Posted by: theCOREYCOLAK.5698

theCOREYCOLAK.5698

TBH, Power’s probably the worst stat. I run a super tanky healing mesmer machine. With healing mantra, healing power possibly is by far the best stat available to me. I equip all mantras, because ATM I think they’re incredibly OP. Being stunned? 2 seconds of stability, AND like 2.5khp. I’d much rather that over damage.

I’m predicting new meta Healing Power tank support hybrid PU mesmer.

Corey Goes Shatter (One Fabulous Mesmer)
Fort Aspenwood

best stat worst stat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ptolemy.5086

Ptolemy.5086

TBH, Power’s probably the worst stat. I run a super tanky healing mesmer machine. With healing mantra, healing power possibly is by far the best stat available to me. I equip all mantras, because ATM I think they’re incredibly OP. Being stunned? 2 seconds of stability, AND like 2.5khp. I’d much rather that over damage.

That meta already in the game. It is Guardian:)

best stat worst stat

in Mesmer

theCOREYCOLAK.5698

That meta already in the game. It is Guardian:)

Guardian’s dont have access to mantra’s. Guardian’s have lower Healing potential, sure they have shouts and dodge roll heals. But we’ve got mantra heals, mantra stability, and mantra of condi cleanse with OP shattered conditions, Combined with IP and wow. You’re basically all the support a team needs. I like to run runes of mercy so i can revive ultra fast, and grant protection when i do so. 1k Healing power on interrupt? Tyvm Anet for making Mesmers OP HEAL MASTERS. Inb4 nerfs and qq from guardian community.

Serious guys, you heard it here first, Mantra Ultra Heals 2.0 Mesmer of Healing Power. Potentially our highest skill cap build yet.

High skillcap. Ultra Heals. Lots of potential. New Meta.

Fort Aspenwood

best stat worst stat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

At this point I want to mention something important: Power for example increases the damage output by the exactly same % as the ual power increase. For example 200 additional power to 2000 power increases the damage by 10. Every skill works like this (except condition skill ofc). That’s possible because of the base power a class has.

Healing powers base stat is 0. That means Healskills got a base heal (damage skills have NO BASE DAMAGE) wich means they got a ratio.

I did some testings on this since a friend of mine wanted to play her guard with healing power and look how it works. Many heals are increased by ~20%. Well since I like the mantra heal that much I also wanted to try this, but sadly the mantra heal scales so poorly the effect was minimal.

Mesmer with healing power is not good, Guard scales much better. I think this is another “design fail”. Healing power should grant a % bonus on healings done. This should mean, wich approximately 2k healing power you should heal 2 times as efficient as with 0 healing power. I think that would be balanced?

At the moment every class has different healing skills wich scale different on level and with healing power and this is pretty bad. I remember playing my ranger with that heal over time (grawl potion or something like that). It healed 200% of my max health at low levels, at lv80 however it won’t even heal me full anymore. Strange and bad

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

best stat worst stat

in Mesmer

Posted by: sirrealist.1360

sirrealist.1360

I’ve seen it mentioned several times (see below) how some stats will be more/less important after the patch. Can someone link me to info on this and details on the upcoming patch? I’ve read forum posts and the official release notes, but it all seems to focus on traits (new GMs, re-traiting for free, higher lvls req for unlocking trait trees etc). Where can I find info on changes that effect stat importance and other nuances affected by the patch?

“Even after patch i will try to get to 60% critdmg on shatter. It won’t be as effective as it is now, but a crit still does more dmg.”

“Shatter Power crit dmg is mabye in line or higher than preci but after patch preci better again.”

(edited by sirrealist.1360)

best stat worst stat

in Mesmer

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Restorative mantras basically does not scale with healing power, as Xyonon says. Healing power is a full waste on mesmer, since that’s our only group heal.

best stat worst stat

in Mesmer

maxinion.8396

As for OP:

In PvE: precision > crit damage > power > all

Precision and crit damage are particularly important because they apply to feedback damage, while power doesn’t.

best stat worst stat

in Mesmer

theCOREYCOLAK.5698

Restorative mantras basically does not scale with healing power, as Xyonon says. Healing power is a full waste on mesmer, since that’s our only group heal.

It gives group heal mantra heals of illusion mantra. Simple u cast, after 2.75 secs den u heal for like 3k. That’s like 1kHP per secund AoE. Better than worrior. Worrir soon hav pocket heal mesma new meta. Trust me. It’s going to be the new meta. Everyone will see… Its OP.

Fort Aspenwood

best stat worst stat

in Mesmer

maxinion.8396

It gives group heal mantra heals of illusion mantra. Simple u cast, after 2.75 secs den u heal for like 3k. That’s like 1kHP per secund AoE. Better than worrior. Worrir soon hav pocket heal mesma new meta. Trust me. It’s going to be the new meta. Everyone will see… Its OP.

Restorative Mantras is not bad, sure. Xyonon’s point, which I agree with, is that even if you put everything into healing power, Restorative Mantras only improves by 20% or whatever (I don’t know the exact number, but it’s not a lot). Compared to Water fields + Blasts and Guardian healing, both of which scale well with Healing Power, means that mesmers are at a disadvantage as healers.

best stat worst stat

in Mesmer

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Healing power is always horrible…Well except on classes with very low HP.
Ele…Thief… Guardian…

Think of it like this, compare vitality to healing power:

base vit is 916 = 9160 base health
base healing power is 0
10 vit = 100 bonus health
10 healing power = 131.25 hp/s on regen

That’s not anything. So let’s see how this gets worse:
100 vit = 1000 bonus health
100 healing power = 142.5 hp/s on regen

and worse…

300 vit = 3000 bonus health
300 healing power = 167.5 hp/s on regen

Basically, healing power and bonus health don’t go together well at all. AT ALL.
This why little to no vit works well with healing power stacked on toughness but with the condition meta, toughness is garbage and A LOT of healing power is needed to counter degen. Which is impossible anyways thanks to poison.

Healing power is useless everywhere because of bonus health and the condition meta. It’s even funnier that the more health you stack the more insignificant your healing skill becomes…. Which almost requires one to invest into healing power…
Just bad all around…

Devona’s Rest