celestial stats?

celestial stats?

in Mesmer

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

Anyone have any good build recommendations for a nearly full celestial Mesmer?

I’ve got a set and was trying to think of a build that would have a lot of synergy with it but nothing really comes to mind.

Other than maybe a mixed celestial/tanking set but I’m not sure the condi damage would really matter for a lot of the weapons you would use for tanking.

celestial stats?

in Mesmer

Posted by: GWMO.4785

GWMO.4785

Celestial WAS good for wvw/pvp scenarios for certain builds/classes. After HoT everything became pretty much a powercreep so celestial is no longer a thing. It has a bit of everything but your stats will be too low to be actually effective. So basically a lackluster

celestial stats?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Celestial WAS good for wvw/pvp scenarios for certain builds/classes. After HoT everything became pretty much a powercreep so celestial is no longer a thing. It has a bit of everything but your stats will be too low to be actually effective. So basically a lackluster

Celestial is still good for WvW (it’s like drugs for eles), just not for Mesmer.

Celestial was actually removed from sPvP due to it being stupidly overpowered, so lackluster is a misleading term to be using.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

celestial stats?

in Mesmer

Posted by: expandas.7051

expandas.7051

Celestial is really nice for duels. Here are a couple tips for build theory crafting.

To benefit from healing power you need to pick up Inspiration
To benefit from condition damage you need to pick up Illusions
To survive in WvW without PU (or allies) you need Chronomancer

celestial stats?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

So the general concept of celestial stats is that you need to be making full use of 6 of the stats for it to be worthwhile compared to 4-stat gear combinations.

Celestial has 7 total stats: power, precision, ferocity, condition damage, toughness, vitality, and healing power.

Unless you’re running an odd healing build, mesmer never makes use of healing power, so you’re down to 6 right away. However, an odd healing build won’t use the offensive stats, so celestial is bad for that. Obviously what’s left is a balanced hybrid build, since celestial gives power and condition stats in even doses along with some toughness and vitality. You can sorta make use of this in a condition-based shatter build, but a balanced hybrid offense with some defense simply isn’t a good build if you don’t have the sustain to go along with it. This is why the celestial ele builds were so powerful: they both had hybrid offense with solid sustain. Mesmer has the hybrid offense, but we can’t sustain in the same way. This means that we either want to go full offense (viper/sinister/zerker) to finish a fight rapidly or full defense (rabid/dire) to properly bulk up defensively for a more drawn out battle. Celestial is a middle ground that mesmer is not suited to utilizing.

celestial stats?

in Mesmer

Posted by: GWMO.4785

GWMO.4785

Celestial is still good for WvW (it’s like drugs for eles), just not for Mesmer.

Celestial was actually removed from sPvP due to it being stupidly overpowered, so lackluster is a misleading term to be using.

lackluster might have been misleading. But likewise i wouldn’t use overpowered either. I remember when i fought Cele eles in pvp/1vs1’s, all they did was basically just stalling. It took forever for them to leave a cap point or get downed. But likewise they did not deal much damage either.

So for that boring long gamplay reasons Anet removed the tanky amulets. The ones that remain don’t have toughness, vitality and healingpower paired up.

celestial stats?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I wouldn’t use celestial on Mesmer unless I was using all 7 with mantra healing. Honestly I wouldn’t use celestial even then.

Mesmers do boons better than healing. So if you want to support with healing you should also utilize boons which means gear with concentration stat. The only 2 sets with that combination are seraph (glass condi) or minstrel (no damage bunker).

Tl;dr
Celestial Mesmer ends up being inefficient trying to use a stat set that it is necessary to be used efficiently to be a viable choice.

celestial stats?

in Mesmer

expandas.7051

I wouldn’t be so certain about that. In a comparison between Celestial and Trailblazers, I find that while TB hits hard it has the disadvantage of being hard counterable and greater difficulty to reset. That healing power can really add up!

Here is the build that I use for roaming: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW8elknhy0YhawSNwsGLPH1ZBEAJG6ilPNQ9geoLKA-T1xHABjrbI/nAwSK/mTJI57Pko6PAcRAIEwixA-w

I usually swap out Moa with Gravity Well and Compounding Power for duels. Works pretty well!

celestial stats?

in Mesmer

expandas.7051

Over an hour of dueling footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcb6wmwM2lw

Probably my most difficult match up if I accept the engagement. I’ve also been experimenting with GS/SS but don’t have enough hours on it to arrive at a conclusion.