chrono trait issue

chrono trait issue

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

Looking at chronomancer traits, trying to cope with the hype for HoT, I noticed some trait issues. Well one. Its pretty minor but I kinda don’kitten

Seize the Moment and Time Catches Up are both notably weaker than the other traits of the same tier, and gonestly, they could be combined into one GM trait. This would leave an open trait slot as an adept trait. A trait to do with clones/shattering. My suggestion for that would be “a clone respawns if it is killed before it is shattered (10s cooldown)” because having no icd would be pretty op. It could even keep the same symbol and it could be named Time and Time Again or something.

The rest of the traits are fine, just those two are pretty weak in contrast.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

chrono trait issue

in Mesmer

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

Time Catches Up seems pretty good to me, what’s weak about turning your shattered illusions into super fast homing bombs?

chrono trait issue

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

Sieze the Moment is also pretty strong, if it counts the Mesmer as an Illusion (which I expect it will, eventually). On-demand Quickness is godly for stomping/ressing.

Seems like you’re coming from a PvE perspective. In PvP both traits are great.

chrono trait issue

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phloww.1048

Phloww.1048

Those two traits are quite good in PvP, and can also be decent in PvE.

Quickness is always nice to have. I’m debating if I should go ‘Chronophantasma’ or ‘Sieze the Moment’; they’re both good when I was trying them out last BWE in PvE (and I don’t really PvP much).

‘Time Catches Up’ would help make sure the illusions reach their target without dying, but losing out alacrity on wells is a concern (if you use wells); so this one is unsure for me. Now if the illusions have more survivability, then the TCU wouldn’t be as useful (I’m still waiting on that news).

chrono trait issue

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I thought Seize the moment is the best GM trait for me in PvP.
Time catches up also feels really good when I play with GS/Staff. Have a much better chance to land my shatter.

chrono trait issue

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

Time Catches Up is a really solid trait for ranged shatter, as others have mentioned. AWTEW is clearly a teamfight trait, so there could be call for dropping it in sPvP solo roaming/decap builds. If you did that, the faster illusions could be pretty useful for landing shatters while kiting.

Seize the Moment is a super powerful GM… but it’s also really hard-pressed by Chronophantasma. In BWE2, I used StM instead of CP for my bunker build, and it was great for securing stomps and rezzes, especially in combination with Bountiful Disillusionment. But in my bunker build Chronophantasma means more Phantasm attacks, more shatters, more boons, and more healing… So I’m leaning toward CP, but to be totally honest I think StM is competitive for PvP purposes.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

chrono trait issue

in Mesmer

Hooglese.4860

I really find lost time/chronophantasmia way better in PvP. Addressing the people that use it for stomping: I find blinding dissipation has you covered for stomps. Lost time is also an insanely mean trait since you can pair it with the major trait to get 100% crit chance and quickness on a mesmer is kinda meh, since your damage goesnt always come from the auto but your bursts and StM requires a shatter which makes a subsequent burst hard.

Time catches up isn’t really that good for PvP. I tried it. Alls well for the amazing amount of team alacrity is better IMO or delayed reactions in tandem with power lock can really tear down someone. Faster clones never really appeals to me unless I’m fighting at a range, where quickness is useful so if you’re bringing one, it would be dumb not to take the other and then you’re bottlenecking your build to be only variable in the major line and that’s bland

PvP
Mesmer – hoogelz

chrono trait issue

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I really find lost time/chronophantasmia way better in PvP. Addressing the people that use it for stomping: I find blinding dissipation has you covered for stomps. Lost time is also an insanely mean trait since you can pair it with the major trait to get 100% crit chance and quickness on a mesmer is kinda meh, since your damage goesnt always come from the auto but your bursts and StM requires a shatter which makes a subsequent burst hard.

When you are in team fight, especially in high MMR, people rarely try to stomp, because it is easily countered (CC, stealth) + the rezzing is typically too fast. Blinding dissipation hardly helps. So a rezz/stomp is typically a question of “does the damage enemy A puts to finish the guy beats the rezzing enemy B is putting before the other members of B get too low in health to continue?”. So quickness increase the rez speed to beat the enemy cleave or the cleave speed and even allows stomps faster to make them possible. That is the main reason why bunker guards use their quickness elite shout: revive speed!

chrono trait issue

in Mesmer

Hooglese.4860

When you are in team fight, especially in high MMR, people rarely try to stomp, because it is easily countered (CC, stealth) + the rezzing is typically too fast. Blinding dissipation hardly helps. So a rezz/stomp is typically a question of “does the damage enemy A puts to finish the guy beats the rezzing enemy B is putting before the other members of B get too low in health to continue?”. So quickness increase the rez speed to beat the enemy cleave or the cleave speed and even allows stomps faster to make them possible. That is the main reason why bunker guards use their quickness elite shout: revive speed!

Well of course in teamfights you gotta be cleaving the enemy since on mes you’re pretty squishy. Distortions what’s great if you really want a secure stomp, stealth aside. The revive speed is handy I’ll give you that but its pretty situational. The other two have broader uses, for both cleave and revive. Slowing a stomp is just as handy as speeding your revive up. And I am coming from a PvP perspective, in the higher mmrs. I’d rather bring time warp as well on chrono for high tier → tournament play since you can drop the CD to 90 with contiunuum split, allowing a ton of quickness for your team and slow on the enemy

PvP
Mesmer – hoogelz