chronomancer dps way too low

in Mesmer

Posted by: bankai.7845

bankai.7845

See some bench marks floating around on reddit, the max dps we do is around 15k to 18 k, while other classes range from 20k+ to 40k. Why am I punished in the dps category even if I build my Mesmer/chronomancer to be a self dps?

in Mesmer

Posted by: GrahamW.5397

GrahamW.5397

Because chronomancer isn’t a dps spec it’s utility and not dps, leave the damage dealing to the classes built for that.

(edited by GrahamW.5397)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Because chronomancer isn’t a dps spec it’s utility and not dps, leave the damage dealing to the classes built for that.

^ +1 this.

Crono can still hurt through the GS shatter burst and still 1 shot someone. Bench tests are mainly for things like raids.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

^ +1 this.

Crono can still hurt through the GS shatter burst and still 1 shot someone. Bench tests are mainly for things like raids.

You forgot the part where they have to dedicate their entire bar to hitting that hard, whereas other classes don’t. And its a combination of low base damage to begin with, on top of few dmg modifiers compared to a few other classes, and of those few dmg modifiers some of them have ridiculous requirements.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Because base Mesmer is useless and they refuse to do anything about it and Chrono has ended up as a support spec.

The next elite spec coming in 6(?) months is supposed to be dps.

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

Unless the next elite spec is as broken as chrono was at HoT launch or core mesmer is redesigned, we will never get a true DPS spec. Its just not possible without one of those two things happening, because of how base mesmer is designed.

And yes, a spec that fundamentally alters the shatter and/or illusion mechanic would be equivalent to core mesmer being redesigned, as it would prove that Anet found it impossible to create a DPS spec for mesmer with its current design.

That’s why I keep pushing for mesmer to be redesigned, at least partially. The class just needs it

in Mesmer

GrahamW.5397

Unless the next elite spec is as broken as chrono was at HoT launch or core mesmer is redesigned, we will never get a true DPS spec. Its just not possible without one of those two things happening, because of how base mesmer is designed.

And yes, a spec that fundamentally alters the shatter and/or illusion mechanic would be equivalent to core mesmer being redesigned, as it would prove that Anet found it impossible to create a DPS spec for mesmer with its current design.

That’s why I keep pushing for mesmer to be redesigned, at least partially. The class just needs it

If you REALLY, REALLY feel the need to do dps on mesmer, you can always play condi mes, it pulls respectable numbers. Yes i know its not “optimal” and that other condi classes can do more, but it does enough to be viable, and its not like raids are all that hard if you’re playing with a competent group, im sure you can play some “off meta” stuff for fun and still clear it easily.

(edited by GrahamW.5397)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

If you REALLY, REALLY feel the need to do dps on mesmer, you can always play condi mes, it pulls respectable numbers. Yes i know its not “optimal” and that other condi classes can do more, but it does enough to be viable, and its not like raids are all that hard if you’re playing with a competent group, im sure you can play some “off meta” stuff for fun and still clear it easily.

While I second that idea, there is another problem to deal with here, the lack of mesmers in general.

Sure you could ask a pug raid group to run condi dps mesmer and hope they don’t instant kick you after demanding you switch to support or tank, but why take the risk?

Static groups might allow you to roll condi mesmer now and there for the luls, if they have to many mesmers available. Usually though it’ll end with them telling you to stop goofing around and either plau support or log to a propet dps.

As far as the next expansion all I hope for is mesmer to stay relevant. I don’t care if as dps or support. I’d be fine with a mediocre dps build as long as we remain a desired support class (chrono is very strong). If they nerf chrono or buff other classes to outperform us support wise they would really have to make our 2nd elite spec broken as hell for mesmer to pull high dps numbers.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

in Mesmer

GrahamW.5397

While I second that idea, there is another problem to deal with here, the lack of mesmers in general.

Sure you could ask a pug raid group to run condi dps mesmer and hope they don’t instant kick you after demanding you switch to support or tank, but why take the risk?

Static groups might allow you to roll condi mesmer now and there for the luls, if they have to many mesmers available. Usually though it’ll end with them telling you to stop goofing around and either plau support or log to a propet dps.

As far as the next expansion all I hope for is mesmer to stay relevant. I don’t care if as dps or support. I’d be fine with a mediocre dps build as long as we remain a desired support class (chrono is very strong). If they nerf chrono or buff other classes to outperform us support wise they would really have to make our 2nd elite spec broken as hell for mesmer to pull high dps numbers.

As long as we kitten out alacrity, quickness and other boons i think mesmer will always be relevant. Also party wide distortion is always nice at higher levels of play.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

You’re mostly right, but it’s worth noting that I’d rather a condie mesmer than any other dps class at matthias. While on the other bosses condie mesmer ranges from usable-ish to trash, condie mesmer becomes the apex predator at matthias.

in Mesmer

Posted by: SkipperCZ.6912

SkipperCZ.6912

Count dps from alacrity and quicknes you provide to raid group and you are the best dps in raid. This is how you need to think now about mesmer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

The next elite spec coming in 6(?) months is supposed to be dps.

If past patches and releases are anything to go by, more like 12 months. :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

You’re mostly right, but it’s worth noting that I’d rather a condie mesmer than any other dps class at matthias. While on the other bosses condie mesmer ranges from usable-ish to trash, condie mesmer becomes the apex predator at matthias.

Yeah, Matthias makes bringing multiple mesmers even worthwhile. One of the cooler fights.

Count dps from alacrity and quicknes you provide to raid group and you are the best dps in raid. This is how you need to think now about mesmer.

Oh I absulutely agree.

That’s why I have 2 fully geared in multiple ascended items because sometimes changing gear and traits is just to much of a bother. It’s also the reason I love the class and main it as much as possible. The downside is though, I now seldomly get to play anything else in raids cause the usual respons is:“Good one m8, now go log on your mesmer.” XD

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

If you REALLY, REALLY feel the need to do dps on mesmer, you can always play condi mes, it pulls respectable numbers.

Its dps and the mechanics of it make it useless for every aspect of pve except 2 raid fights.

The buffs of PS Warrior or Druid actually increase a parties dps even more.

in Mesmer

SkipperCZ.6912

Ofcourse you are right. But afaik ps war or support druid don’t have big dps too. They are suposed to be support classes for other raid members – all of them in another way. So theirs buffs are compensatiom for theirs lower dps.

(edited by SkipperCZ.6912)

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Ofcourse you are right. But afaik ps war nor support druid have big dps.

Both have much better dps then Chrono, infact condi ps warrior dps is about the same as Mesmers condi dps.

Both also have dps specs that hit much harder and aren’t restricted to two boss fights.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hlord.5940

Hlord.5940

Ofcourse you are right. But afaik ps war or support druid don’t have big dps too. They are suposed to be support classes for other raid members – all of them in another way. So theirs buffs are compensatiom for theirs lower dps.

http://qtfy.eu/benchmarks/
i am not sure how will you take this, give or take it’s at least 10k higher than mesmer

in Mesmer

SkipperCZ.6912

i am not sure how will you take this, give or take it’s at least 10k higher than mesmer

Okay, but are those benchmarks with or without buffs? I mean can PS war do 10k more dps without alacrity and guickness? I don’t know….

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hlord.5940

Hlord.5940

Okay, but are those benchmarks with or without buffs? I mean can PS war do 10k more dps without alacrity and guickness? I don’t know….

Just click on the build, they pretty much tell us every thing, even including a a video

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Mesmer can’t do its lower dps without might, fury, gotl, banners, spirits, etc.

in Mesmer

SkipperCZ.6912

Just click on the build, they pretty much tell us every thing, even including a a video

Ok. I think I must admit :-) other support clases can do better in way od dps.

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

Condi mesmer is only really good at 1 or 2 fights though. Other than that its not that good. And I don’t see why people want to just accept that. If redesigned even just a little bit, mesmer could still be an amazing support class via chrono and still have decent DPS builds on core mesmer, and have room for amazing DPS builds with another elite spec.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

As a chrono main im really curious as what kind of spec could throw out chrono from the meta. Even after all the nerfs to phantasms, alacrity, SoI chrono is still a powerhouse.

Nerfing chrono anymore doesnt make any sense but keeping it as it is will make it stronger than any other spec we might get, at least in PvE.

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

As a chrono main im really curious as what kind of spec could throw out chrono from the meta. Even after all the nerfs to phantasms, alacrity, SoI chrono is still a powerhouse.

Nerfing chrono anymore doesnt make any sense but keeping it as it is will make it stronger than any other spec we might get, at least in PvE.

The only way to throw Chrono out of the meta is to give other classes alacrity and Quickness generation on the same level, I can actually see them giving Gaurdian quickness with their new elite spec.

DPS Mesmer wouldn’t compete with Chrono it would compete with the other dps classes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Malice.8439

Malice.8439

I think you answered your own question.

I wouldn’t get too attached to SoI sticking around in it’s current design for much longer. Not that I necessarily think it’s overpowered, but I can see it being “re-designed” to make Mirage more attractive.

All warfare is based on deception.
- Sun Tzu, Art of War

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

No single spec, it would be a lot of little changes bundled together. Notice that Ventari rev received alacrity, which was supposed to be chrono unique. This tells me to expect another elite that has access to alacrity.

Then notice that Anet has slowly been buffing some classes’ access to individual quickness access. As long as you can keep that up on a DPS-ish build on yourself, you could get by with having another elite spec that has ~50-60% quickness uptime but is pulling ~20k DPS compared to chronos kitten. Suddenly most to all people in the raid group could have perma quickness with a bit of finagling (probably some amount of quickness from another spec would just be handed out for no real reason).

That’s the best way to “replace” chrono as the required quickness buffer, not to just introduce another spec that has higher DPS and can still put out perma quickness plus some alacrity.