condi mesmer wvw roaming

condi mesmer wvw roaming

in Mesmer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

for roaming with condi mesmer in wvw which setup do you prefer ? staff /swsh , staff/scsh … staff /scto … or what.. .and why ? I need an hint

condi mesmer wvw roaming

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

Condi Chrono is pretty over tuned in 1v1’s in WvW. I ran shield for the synergy with Defender Runes and the alacrity, Malicious sorcery for illusionary counter(5 torment stacks) every 4.75 seconds and faster autos. Illusionary Disenchanter for the boonrips and shatter fodder. The rest is pretty standard.

You can easily drop the Disenchanter for Mirror Images or Decoy if you feel you need stunbreak/survivability if you are new to the class and learning how to play.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW7el0nhy0YhawDNwtGLOH1ZAMAJGajtPJQdhmoNKA-TVyCQBA4gAQhjAAyeAAH7CA0P1fS3+DVU5HKVCWPdDkCAmxWA-w

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

condi mesmer wvw roaming

in Mesmer

PierPiero.9142

why scepter and not sword ? In spvp i find sword more effective but it seems that in wvw roaming scepter is more used, and i want to understand why

condi mesmer wvw roaming

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

why scepter and not sword ? In spvp i find sword more effective but it seems that in wvw roaming scepter is more used, and i want to understand why

Play whatever you prefer. Some ppl like sword for the blurred frenzy/stowe and illusory leap immob.

I will preface this by saying i havnt played in months so they have probably patched a few things. You used to be able to confusing images/stowe and the full animation would play out, was good to bait dodges. Plus 6 confusion stacks is good if you land the channel. Illusory counter 5 stacks of torment on a block on a 4.75cd. I hear they have added some evade frames to the counter animation now? If so even better. And faster autos with malicious sorcery that stack torment.

I felt the scepter gave me extra condi pressure allowing me to slot defender runes over tormenting/perplexity. And i personally loved the synergy between Defender runes and mesmer shield/mantra of recovery’s power return.

mainhand sword was always a mainstay of my power burst/shatter builds.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

condi mesmer wvw roaming

in Mesmer

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

What about running a perplexity build with pretty much all dire (toughness, vitality, conditions)? I’ve seen folks running a chrono version of this and it looks pretty impressive and hard to defeat.

Oh, and I ran into a mesmer with a similar build while roaming on my D/D ele. My ele died so fast…

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

condi mesmer wvw roaming

in Mesmer

Posted by: zedapoc.1493

zedapoc.1493

On the matter of sword vs scepter…

Scepter = more constant condi pressure
Sword = immobilize to make folks eat a full burst

I’ve hardly ever run mesmer, but I took mine out for a few hours roaming last night with condi staff/sword+shield and it was comically effective with that weapon spread. The best was against the trash thieves running bound or the condi dodge instead of unhindered combatant, they were just free kills. If nothing else I was able to effectively bait out cooldowns with the immobilize since folks tend to just panic and assume a burst is coming.

I’m far from a pro-anything, much less a mesmer, but either option is fine and just a preference thing. I wouldn’t run torch unless I was running PU though.

condi mesmer wvw roaming

in Mesmer

PierPiero.9142

On the matter of sword vs scepter…

Scepter = more constant condi pressure
Sword = immobilize to make folks eat a full burst

I’ve hardly ever run mesmer, but I took mine out for a few hours roaming last night with condi staff/sword+shield and it was comically effective with that weapon spread. The best was against the trash thieves running bound or the condi dodge instead of unhindered combatant, they were just free kills. If nothing else I was able to effectively bait out cooldowns with the immobilize since folks tend to just panic and assume a burst is coming.

I’m far from a pro-anything, much less a mesmer, but either option is fine and just a preference thing. I wouldn’t run torch unless I was running PU though.

I played mesmer for a while in spvp and in wvw . it seems to me that in spvp sword is more effective becouse the fight is much closer , bound to a point to capture.

On the other end , in spvp , it seems to me that scepter is more effective becouse it helps in open space. With sword you have to chase people and every good player , when you block with sword 3 and then sword 2 uses a break stun …. in spvp it is different becouse people have to fight inside a point to cap …
I prefer sword gamestyle , appearence and animations but in wvw scepter seemed to me more effective .

condi mesmer wvw roaming

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I think you’re doing the right thing by experimenting and using what’s comfortable for you. I play scepter/shield scepter/torch. The Malicious Sorcery trait means that all casts are 20% faster.

condi mesmer wvw roaming

in Mesmer

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

for roaming with condi mesmer in wvw which setup do you prefer ?

None, because they all give me a sore face.