condiblocking mayhem tutorial [vid]

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

tutorial and some testing in hotjoin and unrank

seem condi warrior with resistance can counter condi mes and also some DH

over all mercenary seem the right all choice but sinister might work for some brave heart

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

War (and others) countering meta chrono was apparent before even needing to play it XD

That’s because the weaknesses were apparent in the build for anyone who’d bother to take a second to look.

The more popular option is to cry for nerfs XD

Nerf it anyway though so everyone can counter.

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

yes it seems we gonna see warrior comeback. even power warrior maybe and not just condi ones as resistance with no necro around to rip it can put good warrior with 24 sec of resistance rotation combine with good kite and los can hold and win versus condi mesmer

DH also can counter but didnt enter the meta as they were weak against others but warrior with 2.9-3.9 armor and good hp and great direct dmg or condi can hold now versus anyone . maybe thief or rev can hold them off a bit with blind and evades

did some 1v1 versus couple of warriors and even they were surprise
now i see in unranked 4 warriors . so happy for these guys but little sad for mesmer what to be come

in Mesmer

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

I haven’t found warriors to be problematic on condimes, since you can just kite out the resistance. (The war would be able to neut the point, though).

On the other hand, I’ve been stomping all over condi mesmers with staff thief because you can prevent the mesmer from summoning any phantasms. (Dodge for days to prevent shield iAvenger from being summoned, piercing blind to prevent iWarlock from being summoned). Then vault on mesmer randomly kills off the non-phantasm clones (which have low health). The mesmer ends up running around chaining 0-clone or 1-clone shatters and not getting any illusions back from his traits. Will upload video soon.

in Mesmer

Posted by: pico.6402

pico.6402

Any advice for mesmer with out chrono line?

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

illusion, dueling, inspiration almost the same

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

I played about 10 games tonight with that build (with Merc) and I must say, the pressure output is pretty good. Far better than Staff as the defensive mechanism from scepter block turns into an offensive use.

It was tough giving up portal, though. But you can still do well and provide good team play with this build.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Thx for another cool video. Have you gone tried out dual scepter mainhand since the changes? I’ve stuck with it the whole time (since season 1), but I don’t see many people using it.

I used to play with arcane thievery a couple years ago when roaming in WvW. But I found that I failed at casting it a lot of times. It has such a long cooldown. Have you considered phantasmal disenchanter instead? It has a long cast time, but you get more shatters from it.

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

sword is nice with immobilize when needed
double scepter is also nice with the short cd on the block

still versus some classes i use staff like dh

i amd doing retest to the bunker mess atm…. i am surprise it still working as no necros around anymore