what does it mean?

1. we losing toughness or hp so now we have to be more careful
2. we might not be able to hold points in 1v2 anymore
3. we can still do huge condi pressure and even better a bit
4. portal is still available
5. moa seem useless for elite skill
6. we might have to play like +1 roamers with condi dmg

basic:

1. carrion amulet – all the rest are trash with too much low hp. with no power state you wont be able to kill the ele anymore in a decent time
2. rune of the guardian migh be your new friend – with more toughness which we lost and burning when blocking so little bit more condi pressure to the mixture

build
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRArc7encfClph1qBeoBEgilnjCdxynD4sACgDreQP0FF-TJRHwA72fIwJBAZZAAPBAA

staff – yes yes yes big miss only for PR but all the rest is almost trash for condi build

with the amount of blocking still its good 1v1. just have to notice unblockable skills
like necro marks, warrior signet of might, shadow shot of the thief,

you can still use staff if you like and sometimes it can perform better

but dont try 1v2 now on point

good luck guys

lets wait and see what else changes they gonna thrown to us

vid of this build in unranked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FTXn7_aNpo

(edited by messiah.1908)

condimes - a new beginning [vid]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I’d be with you on runes of Guardian if it got buffed when they reworked condis.

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I tested this a bit last night. I died a lot more compared to Mercenary amulet, but it can put out a lot of condi damage if the opponent runs out of cleanses.
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAre7cnknBFqhNqBmpBEgilnjCdxynD4sACgDreQP0FF-TJRFABnXGAgTCgw7PMwTAAA

The 1050 precision is such a waste. I’m trying to at least get some benefit from that 50% crit chance with the sigils, but I don’t really love them so far.

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

I tested this a bit last night. I died a lot more compared to Mercenary amulet, but it can put out a lot of condi damage if the opponent runs out of cleanses.
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAre7cnknBFqhNqBmpBEgilnjCdxynD4sACgDreQP0FF-TJRFABnXGAgTCgw7PMwTAAA

The 1050 precision is such a waste. I’m trying to at least get some benefit from that 50% crit chance with the sigils, but I don’t really love them so far.

wanderer wont let you kill ranger, ele and some engis.
you need to power to work it out. so carrion is your only choice left or viper risky as hell.
wanderer is working in 1v1 mainly but still with 15k hp and 2500 thief can land hard ones. while in carrion with 25k hp you can soak some punches

in Mesmer

Posted by: Entropy.6784

Entropy.6784

you need to power to work it out. so carrion is your only choice left or viper risky as hell.

wanderer is working in 1v1 mainly but still with 15k hp and 2500 thief can land hard ones. while in carrion with 25k hp you can soak some punches

I wasn’t going to comment on this or any merc thread but you stated that wanderer’s won’t let you kill rangers and eles. As a mesmer who has been using wanderer’s 24/7 and has reached legendary (not that that’s so special anymore ~.~) using that amulet and only that amulet, I have to say that you are wrong. Rangers are my favorite players to encounter, I have not met a ranger yet that I’ve been unable to shutdown in a 1 vs 1 or in a group setting. <3 rangers

Eles on the other are tricky bees. It depends on the player and build; scepter and staff eles are counterable but meta eles have insane cleanses, but even they can be overpowered with large numbers of condi, or a quick Moa to apply your conditions ;p
In the worst case scenario you’re just wasting his time and disabling him to cap.

Lastly engi’s are tough, well for me. Engi’s will counter me unless they’re running condi (which happens nowadays), though that might because of my pistol. Thiefs on the other hand are fine. Either confusion or torment gets them or a combination of both. All of the above is based on my experience using wanderer’s since its release. Viper’s is viable and isn’t insane glassy as it might seem, just skip the team fights or warn your team that you’ll need a dozen resses.

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

I don’t have enough fights yet to really know how well the build I’m using will work.

I seem to lack the reflexes to survive a burst if I don’t have some toughness. So if I have to choose between toughness and vitality, I think I want toughness.

My samples are too small to know yet, but I feel like I’ve killed pretty much every class with this build. Some of the fights take a long time, and that’s a problem. Scrappers, eles and rangers for sure.

For sure, I’ve seen some games where people aren’t able to clear condis and this build performs better in total damage than I did with mercenary. My highest total condi damage with this build is 550K in a game. But the variety in the matchups in unranked is really high. In general, I’m doing a lot less direct damage and somewhat similar condi damage to before.

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

here is vidoe from unranked moments

check what happen to the condi mesmer at the end (still dont know what he did there… kidding i do know)

(edited by messiah.1908)

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

I wasn’t going to comment on this or any merc thread but you stated that wanderer’s won’t let you kill rangers and eles. As a mesmer who has been using wanderer’s 24/7 and has reached legendary (not that that’s so special anymore ~.~) using that amulet and only that amulet, I have to say that you are wrong. Rangers are my favorite players to encounter, I have not met a ranger yet that I’ve been unable to shutdown in a 1 vs 1 or in a group setting. <3 rangers

Eles on the other are tricky bees. It depends on the player and build; scepter and staff eles are counterable but meta eles have insane cleanses, but even they can be overpowered with large numbers of condi, or a quick Moa to apply your conditions ;p
In the worst case scenario you’re just wasting his time and disabling him to cap.

Lastly engi’s are tough, well for me. Engi’s will counter me unless they’re running condi (which happens nowadays), though that might because of my pistol. Thiefs on the other hand are fine. Either confusion or torment gets them or a combination of both. All of the above is based on my experience using wanderer’s since its release. Viper’s is viable and isn’t insane glassy as it might seem, just skip the team fights or warn your team that you’ll need a dozen resses.

ranger shouldnt die to condi build in 1v1 if they have the right build with cleanse. so with wanderer it will take you much longer
same as ele much longer to put them below 75% hp
thief if using shadow shot combo only with steal when you blocking will cut you done and pressure you . if they just AA hs they will die if not being careful. (check my vid versus the thief (bad one)

i dont say wanderer is not good rather it doesnt do much power dmg to be hybrid versus several classes at the meta

in Mesmer

Posted by: Entropy.6784

Entropy.6784

ranger shouldnt die to condi build in 1v1 if they have the right build with cleanse. so with wanderer it will take you much longer
same as ele much longer to put them below 75% hp
thief if using shadow shot combo only with steal when you blocking will cut you done and pressure you . if they just AA hs they will die if not being careful. (check my vid versus the thief (bad one)

i dont say wanderer is not good rather it doesnt do much power dmg to be hybrid versus several classes at the meta

Ye I know you’re not saying that wanderer’s is bad, but I’m sorry just no. Is your server EU or NA and could you link me the supposed ranger’s build.

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

look at the meta build bunker druid he just take another glyphs. only with moa you could kill him fast but now for 6 sec its much harder

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

I’ve been trying a couple variants on this build.

- Why are you using the well heal?

- Can the burn on guardian runes proc more than once per second on a given opponent? I don’t think I ever recorded a case where I got more than one burn stack.

Thx!

in Mesmer

Posted by: pico.6402

pico.6402

Ok so for now the best option for condie mes in my opinion is sage amu. Same power and condi as merc, buff to vit and almost useless healing but it give U enough damage.
But now theres no chance to take down two thiefs like with merc, and even one thief or war can wreck me down in seconds.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Ok so for now the best option for condie mes in my opinion is sage amu. Same power and condi as merc, buff to vit and almost useless healing but it give U enough damage.
But now theres no chance to take down two thiefs like with merc, and even one thief or war can wreck me down in seconds.

My question is between Sage and Carrion – which is more useful?

Sure, 4 stat amulets have more stat points, but given how negligable healing power is does Sage offer much benefit beyond slightly higher direct damage (and lower condi damage)?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I’ve been testing Viper and it’s just too kitten glassy.

As others have said, you don’t have the “time” in the “DoT” because every hit, every auto attack is a serious threat. Better off going full Zerker and going for one shot kills with power builds than trying to use Viper for hybrid.

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

I’ve been trying a couple variants on this build.

- Why are you using the well heal?

- Can the burn on guardian runes proc more than once per second on a given opponent? I don’t think I ever recorded a case where I got more than one burn stack.

Thx!

Healing well is good for support
Burning stack I though so too but check my video the mesmer hit with 4 stacks
Need to check how ….

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

Sure, 4 stat amulets have more stat points, but given how negligable healing power is does Sage offer much benefit beyond slightly higher direct damage (and lower condi damage)?

Carrion is a winner with better condi dog and higher hp
Still now 1v2 is much much harder

in Mesmer

Posted by: pico.6402

pico.6402

For me now better work Sage, with carrion I feel like my raw damage is to low and that makes problems when fighting ele’s and druids.
For me 1050 power and condi is a must have, and cause mesmer don’t need precision to hit with confusion and torment I will always chose power/condi amulets.