condishatter build and tutorial [video]

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

here is short tutorial for beginners and 2 fights in pvp area
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfPt-3SgV80&feature=gp-n-y&google_comment_id=z135ixhbosjcsxt0a22ldnpaptu0sdx1r

took the idea from Chrono hybrid pvp fun [Video] eldenbri.1059 with both scepter weapon set as staff is too weak atm beside PR

build used in this video
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRArc7enknBlphNqBeqBEgilnjqeQP0F9sACgDDdxynDA-TJRHABBcSAQqMAAPBAd3fAA
use mercenary amulet instead carrion

MI – another break stun and give you offensive with 2 clones . so AA can hit harder with 2 stack of torment with longer duration. also shatter will proc clone from IR

ether feast – with usually 2-3 illusion out your healing is the best with 16 sec cd (alacrity) and also proc 2 aoe torment

shield i avenger will proc i defender so you have 3 phantasms out which reduce cd by 6 sec and shatter twice with CP give you another 6 sec and with alacrity you EOM will be ready in 6-8 sec from 24

even without ineptitude you still maintain high burst pressure but mainly with torment instead of confusion (you loosing 4 stack of confusion)

persisting images gives some 240 retaliation dmg every time your phantasm get hit so another way to do some pressure dmg

second build (condirupter) (not in this vid)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRArc7enknBlph1oBmqBEgiFcjqMAWtXDN3OpaoOWr1cF-TJRHAB6u/ASlBA4JAEwJBAA

mistrust and interruption can bring back the confusion stacking back . not much cleanse so careful.

against high burst class use fast shatter combo at the right moment and block in between cd
against sustain class use more your weapon condi pressure and shatter after you proc their cleanse utilities and skill.

block block block
IC – 4 sec (with alacrity)
EOM – 8 sec (with alacrity)
IR – 9 sec (with alacrity)

d/p thief is hard counter
necro hard counter to your group as even if you manage not to get transfer he will transfer your team your conditions. so condirupt is better

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Nice video!

I definitely spent a long time working trying out variations for the third utility slot and the rune set. I might go back and give tormenting runes another shot.

One thing I tried for a while is signet of midnight as a utility. The extra 20% condition duration is great once the opponents run out of condi cleanses. And a stun plus blind is a nice active skill.

Thanks for sharing the video – it’s very fun to watch!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

I agree nice video. You’ve got some good rotations worked out that show what a Condie shatter build is capable of.

I’m not 100% sold on Scepter for both MHs, but I might give it a try.

Why the OH Sword? I personally think I’d go with Torch for the added stealth, and the Burns —even if underpowered-- do mesh pretty well with the Torment & Confusion. You can ride in stealthed, pop iMage, then an F5 using GW, MI, and shatters. That’s a lotta Confusion, Torment, and some Burning.

Again might give the OH Sword a try though.

Again, thanks for posting the video!

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

I agree nice video. You’ve got some good rotations worked out that show what a Condie shatter build is capable of.

I’m not 100% sold on Scepter for both MHs, but I might give it a try.

Why the OH Sword? I personally think I’d go with Torch for the added stealth, and the Burns —even if underpowered-- do mesh pretty well with the Torment & Confusion. You can ride in stealthed, pop iMage, then an F5 using GW, MI, and shatters. That’s a lotta Confusion, Torment, and some Burning.

Again might give the OH Sword a try though.

Again, thanks for posting the video!

thanks guys

i am playing around with weapons to check . torch is solid choise too but cd is longer while sword give more dmg, daze ability, block so i can rotate blocks with weapon swap . also more faster phantsm and clone procing so more faster shatter when needed . but yes stealthy burst with F5 combo is nice but than you w8 for 60 sec to do this again?!

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

second vid is coming out. tutorial on block rotation mainly and few fights commentary
1v1 thief – what not to do
1v2 thief and warrior
1v1 necro

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

Thx – another great video!

I really like how you explain what’s happening in the fights. I still need to work a lot on my awareness of the opponent.

Your prior video convinced me to take the phantasm retaliation trait and use Ether Feast as the heal. That’s been a really good change – thx!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

The videos are nice and I’m definitely gonna try it out, since condishatter was always my favorite build to play. However, I do have one suggestion for your future videos: Try decreasing the volume of the music a bit during the parts where you are talking in your videos. The music is really nice and all, but since it’s louder than (or maybe the same volume as) your voice, it’s sometimes quite hard to understand what you are saying.

in Mesmer

Windwalker.7421

OK I get the OH Sword now, the illusion generation really helps! This is a nice build and about the only one I can remotely bare to play in the current meta in PuGs, which is all I play.

That said, Mesmers are a broken class right now, any way you slice it. At least in PuGs they’re mostly dead weight on a team, easily among the worst 2-3 professions in the game right now.

Since the nerf patch my win ratio is half of what it was for the past 9 months prior, and every day I am realizing more and more that despite my experience with the Mesmer, I’m a weak link in most of my teams. Most of the time you can look at the line-up of professions on each side, and realize that we are among the weakest classes in the game currently. Our teams would almost always be better off if even a relatively inexperienced Necro, Reaver, DH, or Engie was taking our place.

The more DHs & Necros are on a team, the more likely they are to win PuG matches. These 2 brain dead classes are ruining PvP for any normally balanced class.

Sorry to vent, but I haven’t been this frustrated playing a Mesmer in a long long time!

Yeah at times this condie shatter build can do pretty well, and I’ve played both Mesmers and condie shatter quite a while, but then some absolute brain dead noob DH comes along and drops his traps and blows me up instantly. At least half the time I die before I can do much more then pop F4, but since all clones instantly vanish it lasts way too short. Dodging out of traps almost never works, blocking never works, so it feels like kitten near a hard counter and it’s literally as easy as pressing a couple of keys to win. I guess I’m just doing something wrong with DH, because they just destroy me both 1v1, and even in most group battles I’m in it’s the traps that seem to kill everyone. Strangely, Anet nerfs us into the stone age, yet leaves this OPd trap junk as is.

Despite the cancer that Necros are to the game ATM, I can somewhat handle them in this build. (Maybe because many FotMers are gracing the class right now.) Surprisingly I have little issues with Thieves…although, again, most are probably just bad ATM.

Wah wah! Sorry, but it’s been a terrible week for me playing my beloved Mesmer, and I’m probably just going to take a break for a while until Anet gets their heads out of their collective rear ends! I swear, someone had a woody for nerfing Mesmers back into the bottom ~20% of professions where they’ve been most of the last 3 years!

Great videos, sorry to get off topic.

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

The videos are nice and I’m definitely gonna try it out, since condishatter was always my favorite build to play. However, I do have one suggestion for your future videos: Try decreasing the volume of the music a bit during the parts where you are talking in your videos. The music is really nice and all, but since it’s louder than (or maybe the same volume as) your voice, it’s sometimes quite hard to understand what you are saying.

thanks . when i am editing i put volume at 50% but still its high.

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

OK I get the OH Sword now, the illusion generation really helps! This is a nice build and about the only one I can remotely bare to play in the current meta in PuGs, which is all I play.

That said, Mesmers are a broken class right now, any way you slice it. At least in PuGs they’re mostly dead weight on a team, easily among the worst 2-3 professions in the game right now.

Since the nerf patch my win ratio is half of what it was for the past 9 months prior, and every day I am realizing more and more that despite my experience with the Mesmer, I’m a weak link in most of my teams. Most of the time you can look at the line-up of professions on each side, and realize that we are among the weakest classes in the game currently. Our teams would almost always be better off if even a relatively inexperienced Necro, Reaver, DH, or Engie was taking our place.

The more DHs & Necros are on a team, the more likely they are to win PuG matches. These 2 brain dead classes are ruining PvP for any normally balanced class.

Sorry to vent, but I haven’t been this frustrated playing a Mesmer in a long long time!

Yeah at times this condie shatter build can do pretty well, and I’ve played both Mesmers and condie shatter quite a while, but then some absolute brain dead noob DH comes along and drops his traps and blows me up instantly. At least half the time I die before I can do much more then pop F4, but since all clones instantly vanish it lasts way too short. Dodging out of traps almost never works, blocking never works, so it feels like kitten near a hard counter and it’s literally as easy as pressing a couple of keys to win. I guess I’m just doing something wrong with DH, because they just destroy me both 1v1, and even in most group battles I’m in it’s the traps that seem to kill everyone. Strangely, Anet nerfs us into the stone age, yet leaves this OPd trap junk as is.

Despite the cancer that Necros are to the game ATM, I can somewhat handle them in this build. (Maybe because many FotMers are gracing the class right now.) Surprisingly I have little issues with Thieves…although, again, most are probably just bad ATM.

Wah wah! Sorry, but it’s been a terrible week for me playing my beloved Mesmer, and I’m probably just going to take a break for a while until Anet gets their heads out of their collective rear ends! I swear, someone had a woody for nerfing Mesmers back into the bottom ~20% of professions where they’ve been most of the last 3 years!

Great videos, sorry to get off topic.

na its ok . mesmer going to have hard 3 months. as i dont see any buff from anet. and if they do only for power mesmer.

DH – yes they have block and too many. but the LB is slow so easy to proc torment and clones. dont try to cap the point and their traps will eat you. i usually have good win rate with them as you said brainless class.

same for necro dont try to cap the point as you cant with all the poison and chill if i see signet necro i burst and stealth away so he cant transfer. also dont try to proc the weapon swap conditions on him as he probably have curses line now and have passive signet. so confusion and torment will do the trick. i uaually have 40% win rate with lots of chill dmg if i try to fight on point. on open world its another story

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

thoughts till far in pvp unranked on condishatter

1. when grouping with allies i had more losses than win. most cause bad rotation by the pugs as i put myself in hard situation to cover them. while sometime i could handle 1v2 and win
2. scrapper, necro, DH, druid can hold point better and can steal it from you. as i manage to hold the point till help comes i got killed or very low so i disengage
3. in open area or open fight the build shines. ele thief druid guard just drop so fast or disengage
4. necro and scrapper are the stonger mostly with counter pressure but doable if not fight on point alone
5. 2v2 3v3 mostly a win
6. i was the main focus everytime in team fight
7. this build wont enter the meta

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

Your observations about the roles and fights you can play are really similar to mine.

If I get a point capped, I generally feel like I can defend it against one attacker. Necros and scrappers are hard to stay on the point long enough, but usually I can do it.

If I don’t get the point capped before the opponent comes (usually home), then necro, scrapper, ele, and druid can make it a real pain to get the thing capped.

If I come into the mid fight right after capping home, I can usually contribute a good amount before I get focused. But in any fight with more than two people, I feel like I really draw a lot of fire. It’s tough in pugs because I feel bad disengaging, but it’s probably the right thing to do.

It’s still a fun build for me in unranked solo queueing, but it’s hard to see why a team would choose to have this build.

Anyway, thanks again for the videos and notes!

in Mesmer

Posted by: fost.9167

fost.9167

Really liking this build, except I only play in wvw and use perplexing runes. Takes a bit to get a hang of it but its quite fun.

I have noticed though that if people don’t attack you clone generation can be a bit slow (I run decoy though).

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

Really liking this build, except I only play in wvw and use perplexing runes. Takes a bit to get a hang of it but its quite fun.

I have noticed though that if people don’t attack you clone generation can be a bit slow (I run decoy though).

how long do they not attack you? the longer the better as condition win in the long run fight. your weapon alone have nice condi pressure and procing clones from AA

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

another (funny) vid in unranked
in some point my movement keys stop working – bugged from rev or not i dont know
hope you like it

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

Very cool! You’re videos are really fun to watch.

The issue with revenant’s immobilizing you and no movement skills working happens to me too. I found the answer is to type /sit and that breaks it – very frustrating

I made an updated video with my (much less good) game play and explanation. I’m linking to all of your videos in the comments

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

another vid full pug team with 2 thieves with mission to kill (not play)
so i try to play with rotation game while focus on how my team would never wipe so i rush after them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcCLMB3b1cQ&feature=youtu.be
i wish i didnt forget to press record as it was nice 2v 2moas on close

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

Cool – great fights. I love the explanations of what’s happening.

Did you stop using double-scepter with shield and sword offhand? I see you’re using staff here.

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

Cool – great fights. I love the explanations of what’s happening.

Did you stop using double-scepter with shield and sword offhand? I see you’re using staff here.

yes i stopped cause it feels like dueling weapon and if i get focused by 2 the staff is more forgiving and PR dont need a block to proc clone and the harassment from the staff is nice
sometimes i need the doable scpeter like 1v1 mostly

fyi
i see more and more mesmers playing sw/sh+staff condi build and its so fun. but so far my build reck them as the condi dmg i proc is much higher than thiers (staff or doable scpeter) and also cuase they dont use mistrust rather insp line.

i had 10 win strike soloq and full team so far

in Mesmer

Windwalker.7421

So what is the build you were using?

I ran the plain Insp, Ill, and Chrono with Staff + Scp/Shield last night with Merc amulet and Torment runes and had a lot of fun. In one game I had over 460k damage on Khylo, and I averaged well over 300k, and felt like I did well in both 1v1s and team fights.

I’m currently on a 9/10 winning streak, but so much of that is plain luck. Just last week I had a 2/10 losing streak and still felt that I personally played pretty well, but most of the losses were total blow outs. Bad comps, bad teams, and sometimes just bad luck on top. (>490 – 500 losses twice in that 10 games)

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

So what is the build you were using?

I ran the plain Insp, Ill, and Chrono with Staff + Scp/Shield last night with Merc amulet and Torment runes and had a lot of fun. In one game I had over 460k damage on Khylo, and I averaged well over 300k, and felt like I did well in both 1v1s and team fights.

I’m currently on a 9/10 winning streak, but so much of that is plain luck. Just last week I had a 2/10 losing streak and still felt that I personally played pretty well, but most of the losses were total blow outs. Bad comps, bad teams, and sometimes just bad luck on top. (>490 – 500 losses twice in that 10 games)

same build just with staff and nightmare runes instead of torment runes
i also had 40% win rate last week and this week 90% mainly cause of bad rotations of pugs
i had last night 2 games versus same full premade (we were 4+1pug and 3+2) which was nice game cause of rotation game (they had engi and ele bunker support who gaves us pain which feel like playing with 2 bunker mesmers on point) but rotation game we won
one other fight we won and i had only 90 dmg total (direct and condi) but first place my team mates encourage me that i +1 mainly and rotate . but my average dmg is 200k condi 200k direct

so far 1v1 its strong build can take most meta build atm. druid, ele, rev . engi can be pain but doable, and guard can cleanse in between your shatter. necro (not many play signet so easy kill)
group fight my tactic is to pressure the support class while my team target the dmg dealers. when i see they used healing , cleanse i target and my team burst them. or just doable moa for easy kill

in Mesmer

Windwalker.7421

Cool. But didn’t you say something about Mistrust above?

“and also cuase they dont use mistrust rather insp line”

I took it to mean that you play Dueling instead of Insp?

In YoloQ this build is working out nicely, but it’s also a pretty frustrating build when faced with an organized team that easily nullfies your Conditions. It does wreck Thieves, and that is always fun since many of them like to pretend we back on the menu! :-)

I love it when then B-line for you cuz they think Mesmer is easy kill again. It’s always a tough fight for sure, but it’s still very winnable in this build…at least against the average riff-raff Thief. Though I’m sure that now that I said that, some Thief will prove me wrong later today! :-D

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

Cool. But didn’t you say something about Mistrust above?

“and also cuase they dont use mistrust rather insp line”

I took it to mean that you play Dueling instead of Insp?

In YoloQ this build is working out nicely, but it’s also a pretty frustrating build when faced with an organized team that easily nullfies your Conditions. It does wreck Thieves, and that is always fun since many of them like to pretend we back on the menu! :-)

I love it when then B-line for you cuz they think Mesmer is easy kill again. It’s always a tough fight for sure, but it’s still very winnable in this build…at least against the average riff-raff Thief. Though I’m sure that now that I said that, some Thief will prove me wrong later today! :-D

i dont use mistrust. i just said if they used it than it would be much harder to face them if they interupet chain you.

in team fight i also though it would be harder but it seems that i manage to do better than condi necro as the condi dmg is much higher with bursty pressure and not sustain condi dmg of the necro. so as i said i try to pressure the support class and when rdy to call target and my team finish with burst on them cause they left with no heal or cleanse.
also i had few team fight where the ele stress so much to cleasne his team with his shout so he left with nothing . so es you wont do the killing blow in team fight but you are the softer (i like to call it that)

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

another vid with so many mistakes but manage still to do ok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aCvIrlIoKA&feature=youtu.be
use heal before shatter and cleanse poison
stretch the fight too long
doable moa 1v1 the necro
moa 1% hp necro instead of the ele
and more….

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

Thx for sharing – fun stuff to watch!

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

another 2 ranked soloq fights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHRwbyChoqw&feature=youtu.be

changed to signet of illusion for better defense and offense abilities

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Do you have an SSD or an HDD?
Genuine question, because I noticed you were running into some of the issues I had before I bought an SSD.
The whole enemy mesmer being invisible for a while.

For some reason, it appears GW2 doesn’t like to keep individual character data in ram for very long (Haven’t tested on 64bit client), and chooses to reload character data from the disk.

At least, that’s my assumption. Since buying an SSD has eliminated that issue for me.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

Do you have an SSD or an HDD?
Genuine question, because I noticed you were running into some of the issues I had before I bought an SSD.
The whole enemy mesmer being invisible for a while.

For some reason, it appears GW2 doesn’t like to keep individual character data in ram for very long (Haven’t tested on 64bit client), and chooses to reload character data from the disk.

At least, that’s my assumption. Since buying an SSD has eliminated that issue for me.

no and no

atm i am thinking to upgrade my computer with ssd 250 gb and better ram and better video card (970 or 980gforce)
i had these issue only lately or maybe cause my wife and kid also start runnig on the same internetline and take some space.

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

here is another 2 fights is sapphire before ruby reached
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1HMM-3PKUU&feature=youtu.be

first fight with 2 condi mesmer so 4 moa . ele was shut down. we did bad rotation. necro didnt watch far and lost it couple of times. ranger didnt watch mid and lost it . and i didnt watch close and lost it….and thief venom share didnt share and mostly died
and when i ping portal location to lord and write it on chat no one came….rrr

second fight mostly on far versus necro, ele, and on buff (just buying time for my team in 1v1 1v2 1v3 etc…)

(edited by messiah.1908)

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

first fight with 2 condi mesmer so 4 moa . ele was shut down. we did bad rotation. necro didnt watch far and lost it couple of times. ranger didnt watch mid and lost it . and i didnt watch close and lost it….and thief venom share didnt share and mostly died

second fight mostly on far versus necro, ele, and on buff (just buying time for my team in 1v1 1v2 1v3 etc…)

Ah the joys of soloq =P.

I’ve been a scepter stalwart for such a long time but really gave sword a strong run and gotta say I think it’s better. You simply stay alive longer.

One other problem with scepter in a mercenary/inspiration build is you lose a lot of the damage from your CI burst due to no crit and no access to fury since no dueling. Of course there is the ranged aspect which is decent and the selling point if any.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Windwalker.7421

Great stuff. Awesome music! Keep it coming!

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

Ah the joys of soloq =P.

I’ve been a scepter stalwart for such a long time but really gave sword a strong run and gotta say I think it’s better. You simply stay alive longer.

One other problem with scepter in a mercenary/inspiration build is you lose a lot of the damage from your CI burst due to no crit and no access to fury since no dueling. Of course there is the ranged aspect which is decent and the selling point if any.

also try sword as most top players do these days. but for me is give me some advantage i see lacking with sword
sword – mainly defense/utility weapon. blur, teleport and low melee dmg.
scepter – range block + torment or blind and confusion which is nice start without shattering. so yes less evade frames but just little bit.
sword works in some cases better with group cause of immobilize and teleport. but scepter is all around weapon i think which pressure melee very hard without shattering.
regarding dmg:
sword #2 does about 2k
scepter #3 does 2.5k
AA sword little bit more but its melee and doesnt proc condi or clones as scepter so my sustain dmg is still there not like sword if i miss my shatters frame time

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

Great videos – lots of fun to watch!

I tried signet of illusions for a while in season 1. Maybe I should try again…

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

this is the tutorial of the build i am using compared to the meta battle build (dueling or insp with sword)
this is my opinion why to take scepter over sword but all pll i see using sword …. so unless you take dueling with mistrust i dont think you should take sword

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

another soloq rank match

hope you like it

in Mesmer

eldenbri.1059

Great videos – thx for sharing!