continuum split and death

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

does it not bring you back to life? even from downed?
it reads like it should, but from what I’ve been able to empirically test while in a fight, it seems like it doesn’t. it does bring you back to the ground after being knocked off a cliff, but I think it doesn’t bring back from downed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

It does not bring you back from downed or dead. Downing just cancels the split.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Wouldn’t that be awesome if it did though? :/

eta- which brings me to our horrible downed state… It needs to be fixed.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Yes, so horrible that the 2 skill guarantees stomp blocking from an unlimited number of sources unless they slap you with revealed. It’s the second best downstate skill in the game, no contest.

Our downstate is fantastic, I have no idea why people complain about it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Yes, so horrible that the 2 skill guarantees stomp blocking from an unlimited number of sources unless they slap you with revealed. It’s the second best downstate skill in the game, no contest.

Apart from the times it leaves you beneath the stomp and you die when the stomp completes anyway.

Or your ally was trying to res you and you’re forced to use it to break a stomp, breaking the res when a simple interrupt would have done the job.

Or it randomly puts you into a position that actually makes it harder to revive.

In terms of stomp avoidance, I’d say that thief and elementalist both beat it, because both also give you the opportunity to get to a safe® spot if one is available (or one that is simply inconvenient if a safe spot isn’t available, like jumping on point). The possibility of it leaving you under the stomp probably puts it on par with guardian (whose interrupt can be prevented, but if it succeeds it knocks back several foes, and whose symbol can help keep you from dying of causes other than stomping) and ranger (area daze and Lick Wounds)

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Apart from the times it leaves you beneath the stomp and you die when the stomp completes anyway.

If this happens, then you’re simply using it wrong. The skill stealths you, stealth blocks the stomp. If you use it too early, then yeah you can be stomped through it. Use it correctly and that won’t happen.

Or your ally was trying to res you and you’re forced to use it to break a stomp, breaking the res when a simple interrupt would have done the job.

Or it randomly puts you into a position that actually makes it harder to revive.

Rarely do these actually occur. If there’s so much pressure in the area that your ally can’t just move a couple inches and keep reviving you, then you were going to be dead anyway.

In terms of stomp avoidance, I’d say that thief and elementalist both beat it, because both also give you the opportunity to get to a safe® spot if one is available (or one that is simply inconvenient if a safe spot isn’t available, like jumping on point).

Ele is definitely best, no arguments there. Thief will not stop that is followed by an on-target teleport, and so is unreliable. Mesmer will always stop a stomp.

The possibility of it leaving you under the stomp probably puts it on par with guardian (whose interrupt can be prevented, but if it succeeds it knocks back several foes, and whose symbol can help keep you from dying of causes other than stomping) and ranger (area daze and Lick Wounds)

As I’ve mentioned, you’re using the skill entirely wrong. It stealths you, that blocks the stomp. Even if you’re “under the stomp” still, it misses because you’re in stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ShadowCatz.8437

ShadowCatz.8437

There have been several times during downed state (at least while I am in WvW) when I can not trigger any of my illusion skills (Phantasmal Rogue or Deception) even while they clearly are out of recharge and ready to be used. How is that possible?

Looking at wiki it seem like there are some traits that actually might have an impact on how downed state skill work.

Confusion (from Mind Blast) is also related to Master of Misdirection (in Illusions – core specialization) which increase duration by 33% from confusion.

When we talk about how “bad” or “good” our downed state skill work it should at least be noted that downed state skill might work differently depending if you have build your Chronomesmer with enough high condition damage and condition duration or use traits which might improve the effect of those skill related to downed state. I would believe Chronomesmer more likely prefer to use other traits then Illusions which was kind of a base line before HoT (we now use Alacrity from Chronomancer to reduce recharge rate from shattering instead).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

but those are offset by the times it puts you on the floor below :P love watching the person studder around going “where tf did they go!?”

in Mesmer

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

If this happens, then you’re simply using it wrong. The skill stealths you, stealth blocks the stomp. If you use it too early, then yeah you can be stomped through it. Use it correctly and that won’t happen.

I had it happen a lot, without making an attack or otherwise breaking stealth (sometimes without even having time to do so). They can’t initiate a stomp while you’re stealthed, but if you happen to still be under it, it still sometimes goes through. (It might have to do with where your clone is)

There was a patch at one stage that significantly reduced the frequency of stomps going through the skill 2, although I can’t remember the details. It might have put a minimum distance on the move so you wouldn’t remain right beneath it.

(The stealth, incidentally, can be a double-edged sword, since it also means that the clone basically never fools an opponent that is paying attention in PvP.)

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Enemy starts stomp. You time your stealth “perfectly”. You reappear with a stake in your chest. This happens way too many times. They’ve tried fixing this before. Maybe I need your help on how to use down 2 more effectively….

Also, it’s quite annoying when I stealth into a new position off point, and my enemy lets me bleed out while I watch the point decapped. Yes, this is a small complaint, but in some games, the few extra seconds of stalling on point is enough for an ally to get there to prevent a full decap.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Enemy starts stomp. You time your stealth “perfectly”. You reappear with a stake in your chest. This happens way too many times. They’ve tried fixing this before. Maybe I need your help on how to use down 2 more effectively….

Also, it’s quite annoying when I stealth into a new position off point, and my enemy lets me bleed out while I watch the point decapped. Yes, this is a small complaint, but in some games, the few extra seconds of stalling on point is enough for an ally to get there to prevent a full decap.

I can honestly say that I have literally never had the stealth fail me unless a ranger/engie tagged me with reveal. Perhaps you’re accidentally breaking stealth with the auto after you use the skill?