deleted

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: ppaladin.4608

ppaladin.4608

It is sad to lose dazzling from the domination line. I really enjoy laying down 20 stacks of vulnerability with diversion. Oh, and the 20% mind wrack damage bonus.

Then again, that would mean losing out on a lot of utility in the glamor cool-down and the focus reflect (and cool down).

They really need to give shatter mesmers better options for condition removal.

(edited by ppaladin.4608)

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: GiggleFairy.3807

GiggleFairy.3807

i like to run for my shatter mesmer.

20 : 1 or 3, 10
20 : 4 , 10
0 :
20 : 4 , 8
10 : 3

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

still much prefer shatter builds 20, 20, 0, 0, 30. Dom has way too many useful stuff for a shatter spec you shouldn’t miss on

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bearlin.7238

Bearlin.7238

I like this image cause it’s pretty close to what I use myself.

In PVE, I like to run that phantasm build (20/20/0/30/0). The only difference is, I like to take the Shattering Conditions trait against condition damage-heavy mobs instead of the extra health on my phantasms.

In WvW, I like to run shatter build (0/20/20/0/30). I find the 20 on toughness instead of vitality much more important, especially as a mesmer because of the -50% fall damage for porting and also the staff cooldown reduction. Putting points in here instead of Domination is also much better when zerging, I find.

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

still much prefer shatter builds 20, 20, 0, 0, 30. Dom has way too many useful stuff for a shatter spec you shouldn’t miss on

This. Dazzling + iPersona + Burst is where it’s at. Now that GS is completely fixed, GS/Staff 20/20/0/0/30 is one of the better PvE mesmer specs, provided you can dodge.

@ppaladin, @GiggleFairy and @Nuka Cola, you are 100% right that 20 points at Domination is a must for Shatter Builds when you go to WvW.. but when you enter Fractals / Dungeons the Focus Reflection and Faster Glamour Skills make you so much more Effective that you realy need them instead of Dazzling, Vulnerability and 20% Mindwrack damage…
PLUS the Vitality instead of Power make you live longer to kill more..

choises are hard for Mesmer from now on.. you have to give up on something to gain something more useful..

I do fractal 38/48 just fine without those things, though. If you need them, that’s fine, but honestly? I’d rather have burst over cooldowns anyday. We get all of our utility for free. A few seconds off won’t make a huge difference unless you’re spamming it. Careful usage is key there. Dazzling is a very powerful damage amplifier, especially if used in conjunction with mirror blade. I’ll take 25% more damage for my whole party & mindwrack damage for myself over anything inspiration anyday.

Just my 2c.

(edited by Aylaine.1036)

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: XRay.1920

XRay.1920

too bad that the group is taking you for your utility and not for your burst. having 3 reflects instead of 1, all of them having cd reduction, is kinda a huge deal…

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bearlin.7238

Bearlin.7238

too bad that the group is taking you for your utility and not for your burst. having 3 reflects instead of 1, all of them having cd reduction, is kinda a huge deal…

^This. I often find the rest of my party running zerker gears in high level fractals, so damage isn’t an issue. Having my reflects available faster as well as having flexibility with my traits depending on the situation (feedback on ress, condition removal on shatter) really helps with keeping my party alive.

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

I run a mix of the two builds, a bit weird i think. 10/5/0/25/30.
It allows me to quickly change the traits between more shatter oriented, phantasm or support although the base traits are phantasm damage plus aoe support with glamours.
Maybe its not the perfect one but i really enjoy it for the flexibility it provides.

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

I used to be a shatter build but now I’m a phantasm build. Tried shatter again after the patch but went back to phantasm within a day.

I just don’t alyways like focus for soloing or dungeons tho. I use OH sword too sometimes so I’m not sure if it’s worth to go 30 in inspiration. Thinking of trying 25 into dueling, not for the trait but for the additional damage.

deleted

in Mesmer

ppaladin.4608

Any suggestions for a phantasm build with staff primary? How is 10/15/20/25/0 compared to the 20/20/0/30/0 standard? You lose 150 power/50 precision but gain in toughness and boon duration. I think you might actually be able to make up for the loss of the iberserker and the extra power/precision given the open-ended bonus damage on the iwarlock for unique conditions but that might be wishful thinking.

deleted

in Mesmer

Aylaine.1036

I’m usually taken for my burst, actually. Also only 2 of those reflects are reliable, in my experience.

Different stokes for different folks.

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

I’m usually taken for my burst, actually. Also only 2 of those reflects are reliable, in my experience.

I can believe you if you mean a combination of burst and utilities/support.
If not, you may want to reroll.

edit: uhm seems a bit rude, let me explain better: i agree that our burst is good (but not the best one) as its our sustained damage but its the ability to mix damage with strong aoe support that makes mesmers useful. if you only aim for burst there are better options out there.

(edited by Levitas.1953)

deleted

in Mesmer

ppaladin.4608

Theoretically a phantasm build like 10/15/20/25/0 with Staff primary, could work BUT practically will give you way less damage output making you too slow in combat..
I wouldn’t use Staff on a Phantasm DPS Build. Staff is Ideal weapon for Shatter/Condition or Support Builds.

What I really want is a ranged only build for PVE. I recognize that sword is powerful but I have a melee guardian and a melee/ranged ranger already so I want to try an all ranged build for a change.

Obviously scepter doesn’t work in phantasm builds because of the clone generation on the auto-attack (you can turn off the auto-attack but you are still effectively down on damage). I can’t find a way to work a staff into a shatter build since you really want the cool down trait if you are going to be generating clones as quickly as possible. So I basically end up with sword and greatsword in every build….frustrating.

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: phtotrope.3761

phtotrope.3761

So I basically end up with sword and greatsword in every build….frustrating.

I feel you. The problem is the potency of zerker builds. And it just so happens that GS + Sword/Focus fit perfectly into the builds. If they really wanted more diverse builds, they should’ve addressed the issues of condition damage or even made some of the other weapons more attractive.

deleted

in Mesmer

Aylaine.1036

I can believe you if you mean a combination of burst and utilities/support.
If not, you may want to reroll.

edit: uhm seems a bit rude, let me explain better: i agree that our burst is good (but not the best one) as its our sustained damage but its the ability to mix damage with strong aoe support that makes mesmers useful. if you only aim for burst there are better options out there.

My focus is burst, but I provide Chaos Storm/Feedback/Null Field or iDis for my party, as well as damage amplification. That’s the build I like. There isn’t anything better for those purposes. I would also rate our burst as one of the best, though proper timing is needed for Compounding Power to get high mindwrack crits (3-4k). Doable though with proper positioning.

I don’t see many zerker people these days. Most don’t know how to dodge properly or lack the overall slippery to avoid damage outright. I’m usually the damage dealer in my groups because of this.

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: hardloop von edgehoven.8512

hardloop von edgehoven.8512

tbh could live with evrything, but putting the 20% faster illusion to the 25p trait was THE arsekick for phantasm mesmers.

try to build a decent phantasm-set around 25 points in ILLUSIONS, which tbh should be called CLONES since patch… maybe im too desILLUSIONED now, but i couldnt find a single build yet, which makes sense.

sad, pretty sad.

anyway thx skoteinos,
but “choises are hard for Mesmer from now on.. you have to give up on something to gain something more useful..” i would change to
choises are hard for Mesmer from now on.. youare now forced to give up too much to gain something less useful with no sense at all..

at least for my build and my playstyle…and i dont wanna change, even if i would lose a bunch of stats like power

does anet hire ghostcrawler maybe?

(edited by hardloop von edgehoven.8512)

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

i like to run for my shatter mesmer.

20 : 1 or 3, 10
20 : 4 , 10
0 :
20 : 4 , 8
10 : 3

You can move that 10 in Ilusions to Dueling without losing any damage. You would lose 3% damage per illusion (9% max, but sustained average is less), but gain 100 Precision and 10% Crit Damage, plus be able get all of Phantasmal Fury, Blade Training,
and Deceptive Evasion.

deleted

in Mesmer

GiggleFairy.3807

i would also be losing the minor trait. i will take a look at that though. thanks for tip

edit: i see they moved the CDR illusion-summoning minor trait to way in the back…. that definatly makes me move the 10 points. that was the main reason i specced 10 into illusion. glad you pointed that out or i would have never checked.

(edited by GiggleFairy.3807)

deleted

in Mesmer

GiggleFairy.3807

i am gona try that shatter build you posted. i have been reading that phantasm builds are not strong like they use to be.

deleted

in Mesmer

Aylaine.1036

i am gona try that shatter build you posted. i have been reading that phantasm builds are not strong like they use to be.

They simply require more defined phantasm uptime/management. You can’t churn them out anymore, and certain abilities will be a bit longer as well,. but it’s certainly workable.

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

in pve

0/20/0/25/25 is better i tested long

Phantasm won t survive enough even with the improved HP..

Also 2-3 phantasms deals more than 2
IC is needed
And faster attack rate is good for your reflection uptime.

Both that deals more than 20/20/0/30/0 in most situations

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.