deleted

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I’d pull the 5 points out of toughness line and put it into the mesmer line for the +3% dmg per illusion trait. I think you’ll be better off with that instead of the additional 5% of toughness for condition damage. Keep in mind you get +50 condition damage for the 5 pts in the mesmer line.

Your toughness is very low anyway so +5% condition damage is actually less than 50pts for you. Yeah you lose out on 50 toughness, but like I said you are already very low on that stat.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

I like the original 20/20/0/25/5 build over the new one, even with the iZerker bug. Having your GS abilities up (GS#2, GS#5) is better in my opinion.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

tried the build …
Impressed how this can outpds a shatter zerker build with half the effort .____.

Shatter is better at aoe at least :|

p.S: what you suggest to change in traits when you need to momentarily switch from focus to pistol?

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: drongas.4189

drongas.4189

^ phantasm hp trait

………..Gandara………..

I’m kill you’r bessies

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: dewitjes.4309

dewitjes.4309

Anyone shifted to staf for high lvl fractals because of the gs bugs?

deleted

in Mesmer

LordByron.8369

well i tried HP but seemed not that good while that enhance to glamour duration is uber :o

…….shatter build is really bad compared to this….

FInally i can quit that poor elementalist i used to main…. this memser build can manage all pve decently ….

Doesn t make any sense on paper but works wonder….somehow illusions never take aggro so the damage output is huge.

Really happy..

And no despite the bug, GS is still good due to the range/attack rate/multiple hits

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaidax.7835

Gaidax.7835

GS is still great. Berserker still does decent to great damage overall even bugged and Spartial Surge is a great auto-attack that allows you to just keep up the pressure on top of phantasms for very little effort and danger.

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Honestly think doubling phantasm HP would do you more good than null field if we’re talking dungeons.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

deleted

in Mesmer

LordByron.8369

so how do we fix this build now anet decided toscrew pve payers once again?

possible solutions

Moving 20 point from domination to illusions
we get phantasmal haste for a 20% recharge on phantasms
We also get a 20% back from illusion celerity for a 40%…

But i don think we need phantasm to be that fast….that is why the path is so senseless a phantasm builds don t want to cast phantasm so fast.

Also i am concerned from the dps loss….but i am currently using centaur runes i could switch to zerker jewels or runes of air or pack.

or to remove those 5 from illusions and putting elsewhere.
Could go into nspiration for IX traits so feedback lasts more….

anyway anet makes the game more unfun every patch…..

GW2 balance:

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

I was running a variation:
20 inDomination I and III
20 in Dueling II and X,
25 in Inspiration IV and VIII
5 in illusions

So it was a hybrid shatter/phantasm. Now, I have to get rid of the shatter part to reduce the cooldowns on my weapons (X in Dom and IV in duel). That’s a huge nerf on my damage. Or go to the typical 20/20/0/0/30 which I’m tired of.

So, I decided to finish to level up my necro. I think it’s the class with more different possibles builds right now.

I mean gw2 it’s a game, if rerolling is what makes me having fun and keep playing, I’ll do it. For me there’s no sense in loyalty no matter what.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

deleted

in Mesmer

LordByron.8369

20 inspiration is mandatory for this build, it has no sense without those points unfortunately….

You need to trait the focus.

I think i ll try to bring it to 30 for IX trait so i get more reflect uptime but may be a waste.

GW2 balance:

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Go 30 in inspiration is what makes more sense (without changing the build). But, if I were you, I’ll take restorative illusions.

But I would go for Pyro’s 10/10/0/30/20 and work from there.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

deleted

in Mesmer

LordByron.8369

now i have to choose between.

20/20/0/30/0

The one i m testing now
or….

10/10/0/25/25

0/20/0/25/25

GW2 balance:

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: Regina Anomis.4679

Regina Anomis.4679

Hello everyone
I used this build and I must say I found it very good.
Now I wonder with the last patch of 25 June if and how it changed?
thanks

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: Speedfire.6732

Speedfire.6732

I changed back to my old 0/20/0/25/25 for phantasms. You basicly take all points from domination from the orginal build and put it in illusions to get the recharge trait.

You lose a (very?) small amount of damage and the ability to cause extra vulerability on shatters. But tbh, you’re a phantasm build, no shatter build. You’ll pop phantasm damage to compensate for that.

Rest stays the same and you still have access to all recharge reduction etc that you want except maybe the greatsword training, but those skills have a very nice recharge on their own, certainly with illusionary celerity.

I recommend keeping the 20 in dueling thx to the extra crit damage and the nice traits like fury on phantasms , deceptive evasion and blurred frenzy.

(edited by Speedfire.6732)

deleted

in Mesmer

LordByron.8369

I don t know…
For sure i will never give up sword training expecially post nerf.
Deceptive evasion is a shatter skill that is counterproductive in a phantasm build.
(i played shatter before phantasm)

but i read that the trait that makses phantasm 20% less CD is broken anyway….
i m more tempted to try to switch those 5 points to get another master traits and have a 8 second feedback going all on reflect.

GW2 balance:

deleted

in Mesmer

LordByron.8369

K tried 20-20-0-30-0
Its quite BAD

will try 0-20-0-25-25 next

GW2 balance:

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

I feel like 10/10/0/25/25 is giving me the best results right now, requires a bit more trait switching to decide between lower cooldown on sword skills or fury for the phantasms but all in all it isn’t so bad. At least phantasms don’t die when they get sneezed on in pve now so that has helped adjust to the slower pace.

deleted

in Mesmer

LordByron.8369

they still get oneshot in any dungeon, otherwise i would ve sticked to 20-20-0-30-0

they infact didn t learn anything from rangers pets dungeon issue.

Its obvoius their pvp team and pve team don t talk because all the issues known in PvE by devs are made worse every patch.

GW2 balance:

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: decease.3215

decease.3215

i think this is old news.. this build seem no longer exited after the last nerf..

deleted

in Mesmer

LordByron.8369

we don t have any choice.

This is the only build that can work in fractal and stuff.

We can just try to make it work somehow even if nerfed or reroll guardian/warrior as Always….

GW2 balance:

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

I did some testing too.

Assuming you want to stick with this build, all comes down to if you want to keep IC or you’re confident enough to drop it.

Old build 20/20/0/25/5 or 20/20/0/20/10, or similar:
-no IC: move those 5 points to inspiration for another major trait (very good ones in that line)
-to have IC: you’ll need to take away 20 pts from somewhere else. choose which traits you can NOT drop for your playstyle and move points accordingly.

Atm, after some tests, i’m trying out 10/10/0/25/25. keep phant dmg, blade training, glam/focus trait. dropping DE. Seems promising.

Last option is to switch completely kind of build. There’s plenty of old and new builds that works and are very cool. But for pve, where everything matters is dmg and some marginal utility, they’re not really much suited. Which is why we’re restricted to phant (see above for options) or 25 (most of ppl will just go 30) in illusions. Which leads easily to a shatter.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

deleted

in Mesmer

LordByron.8369

i really need to ask you.

being this build awesome for fractal why you ner use inspiration IX

Also tried it…and i think is better to just get that kitten 25 illusion anets is forcing us to swallow.

I really need to cast that iWarden more often

reason is:
iWarden as we know is bugged and won t hit mobile targets and pve mob dps is excessive se we need to cast iWarden more often.
So

GW2 balance:

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arzeth.4701

Arzeth.4701

Thanks for the update Skoteinos! I haven’t tried your new build yet, but I will when I get home later today. Do you think something like 10/10/0/25/25 or 0/20/0/25/25 is a viable alternative to your build, or is that giving up too much just to get IC?

deleted

in Mesmer

Xavi.6591

Is picking up Signet of Midnight over Signet of Inspiration worth it?

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]

deleted

in Mesmer

LordByron.8369

0/20/0/25/25

Gives up GS training we can live without
Gives up 15% damage on illussions and 200 power that is a lot

10/10/0/25/25
You lose GS training (or 15% illusion dps i wouldn t suggest) and 100 power

you lose fury on phantasms OR blade training
Both are huge losses….. i will never consider giving up blade training being the main reason i play mesmer.

instead
Get IC back

you get along 20% faster phantasms….unfortunately bugged and wont work on izerker….but works on duelist and warden for getting back some dps and more reflect.

Also you get 30% less CD on distortion useful if you run mirror image as an Emergency invul

Still testing :/

P.S: instantly killed is obviously an exaggeration…but iwarden uptime is really unaffected by HP boost even in COF1 while its almost impossible to reliably keep it UP AND HITTING for more than few seconds be the reason mobs walks away a little or that it get oneshot by aoes.

COnsidering the OP part for pve is the reflect uptime the IX trait is the way to get back some reflect uptime with 2 seconds more on feedback.

GW2 balance:

(edited by LordByron.8369)

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arzeth.4701

Arzeth.4701

Thanks my friend. From my experience this Build i present here is the Best Phantasm Build. Cannot spend 25 points in Illusions on a Phantasm Build! If you like to try Shatter Builds the best place to look is Osicats Guide: http://osicat.weebly.com/guide.html

Thanks for the response. I am definitely looking for a Phantasm build, I just wasn’t sure if it was worth going that far down the Illusion tree for IC . Looking at it again I agree with you that it wouldn’t be worth it for this Phantasm Build because you would have to give up a lot in the Domination and/or Dueling trees . I guess I will just have to learn to live without IC!

deleted

in Mesmer

LordByron.8369

I’d like to share my tests

tested 0/20/0/25/25-20/20/0/30/0

DPS:
1) The burst loss on any fight < 8-10 seconds is noticeable.
2) The sustained dps is imho way more reliable and higher with IC back (first build)
3) when you switch to pistol is even better
4) the improved attack rate from inspiration means a better iWarden for reflecting purposes (and more dps on some bosses)
5) less CD = more fun remember that 3 iWardedn does more than 2
6) even with HP improved as said phantasms dies easily and even if they survive any mobile target Always get away from iwarden so CD is vital to focus imho.

Expecially if you are running dungeons/fotms this will improve you overall SUSTAINED damage comparing to nerfed build also considering the best part of this build is the reflect capability.

So i ended up choosing 0/20/0/25/25

Dueling (20)
IV blade training
II Phantasmal fury

Inspiration (25)
II Glamour mastery
VIII warden s feedback

Illusions (25)
X Phantasmal haste
III compounding power (3% more damage each active illusion)

Equipment….everything berserker
Weapons GS-Sw/focus changing to SW-pistol if nothing to reflect (here the dps loss is lower due to the improved attack rate)

Sigils:
GS superior sigil of generosity (or purity to save money)
Sw superior sigil of strength
Focus whatever you want

Runes:
best would be ruby orbs :/
But i can t live without permaswiftness because i don t run only dungeons and in things like guild missions is really useful.

So i am still deciding between centaur and air ….or maybe pack dunno…because the “boons when hit” is imho a wasted ability but the improved swiftness is nice.

Your choice depending on how much you need swiftness.

Utilities:
Blink
Feedback are almost Always on my bar

the last is often mirror image as panic button for a fast reliable distortion when you really need it and considering the shatter recharge reduction is Worth in difficult parts.

Otherwise just null field/portal/signet of inspiration depending on the need…

This is just my opinion…i tested both and i m not giving UP IC.

GW2 balance:

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: vapour.2916

vapour.2916

I’d like to share my tests

tested 0/20/0/25/25-20/20/0/30/0

DPS:
1) The burst loss on any fight < 8-10 seconds is noticeable.
2) The sustained dps is imho way more reliable and higher with IC back (first build)
3) when you switch to pistol is even better
4) the improved attack rate from inspiration means a better iWarden for reflecting purposes (and more dps on some bosses)
5) less CD = more fun remember that 3 iWardedn does more than 2
6) even with HP improved as said phantasms dies easily and even if they survive any mobile target Always get away from iwarden so CD is vital to focus imho.

Expecially if you are running dungeons/fotms this will improve you overall SUSTAINED damage comparing to nerfed build also considering the best part of this build is the reflect capability.

So i ended up choosing 0/20/0/25/25

…stuff…

This is just my opinion…i tested both and i m not giving UP IC.

I respectfully disagree completely. That dump of 25 points is a complete waste. I think OP fixed the Phantasm build pretty logically. I keep the Deceptive Evasion trait though (that’s my oh kitten for reliable distortion). I keep blink, feedback, null field on my bar most of the time when I’m not speccing for a situation.

I’m finding that Phantasms live much longer in PvE now… I don’t have to shatter them as often. Actually, shattering is counter productive for a Phantasm build unless they’re about to die… but by then they are off CD and it doesn’t matter. If you are still having an issue on Phantasm uptime, you are simply not paying enough attention to when the best time to summon them is. The build feels much clunkier but it’s still extremely effective.

TL;DR: IC is just too much of an investment in a crap tree for a Phantasm build… you’re better off paying attention and not button mashing out illusions for the sake of mashing out illusions. The skill ceiling just got raised a bit for this class… roll with it and play better.

msixtyfive – Mesmer – DHE – Darkhaven

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: AkiLeaves.2613

AkiLeaves.2613

so what does this rotation look like in combat? I’m not sure how to feel since it only has Phantasmal Warden and Berserker.

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jacob.4280

Jacob.4280

that 0/20/0/25/25 build seems completely logic for me because:
the key of phantasm mesmer is to keep up phantasms as long as possible, but also to get them up as soon as possible.
However good at timing u are, that phantom will finally die anyway and it is better to get another up asap instead of w8ing next few secs for cd.

(edited by Jacob.4280)

deleted

in Mesmer

Xavi.6591

Interesting. So 10 points in Dueling for Fury is better than 20 points in Domination for Greatsword Training? Also, would not your previous Runes of the Pack help the group out more with Might, Fury and Swiftness?

I also run Sigils of Battle on both GS and Sword but I find that for PvE I don’t swap often enough to keep up 6+ stacks so I understand the Sigil changes.

deleted

in Mesmer

LordByron.8369

>______< so after hearing for days i was wrong people start to try 25 illusion….

I think that build is fine
Yet i CAN T give up sword mastery for ANY reason.

Mostly because of how i use blurred frenzy in PvE….its nice to avoid stuff like suject Alpha aoe, or champion rabdovich and stuff like that.

So you can also give up phantasmal fury for it.

P.S. GS training is the only easy trait to give up here….the only one i had no doubt about.

GW2 balance:

deleted

in Mesmer

Jacob.4280

If you want to use 10/10/0/25/25 and boost blurred frenzy:
The Phantasmal Fury is not needed that much when u use berserkers equipment and phantasms shares crit chance and crit dmg with you so swaping it for Sword training is not a problem.

GS vs IC:
About that GS training – we use GS primary to summon that phantasm so we need to lower its cd, in this way theres no problem giving up GS training and spending more points in Illusions to get IC (the reduction is the same – 20% and u cant get both anyway)

About runes:
If u want to do as much dmg as posible – dont use runes, use Ruby Orbs
If u want to buff your party a bit more (which is not necessary if u run with warriors) use Runes of the Pack
EDIT: Runes of Lyssa are also great choice since u can spread all those buffs around using Sig of Inspiration.
Personally I dont see any use for those runes presented in the video above when they have lower crit boost then Orbs.

My conclusions:
After a bit of testing I can tell that the build 0/20/0/25/25 is better in dps than 10/10/0/25/25
The second build lacks that bleed from crits which does more dmg than +15% direct ph. dmg

(edited by Jacob.4280)

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

About runes:
If u want to do as much dmg as posible – dont use runes, use Ruby Orbs
If u want to buff your party a bit more (which is not necessary if u run with warriors) use Runes of the Pack
Personally I dont see any use for those runes presented in the video above when they have lover crit boost then Orbs.

Agreed about the Ruby Orb choice.

My conclusions:
After a bit of testing I can tell that the build 0/20/0/25/25 is better in dps than 10/10/0/25/25
The second build lacks that bleed from crits which does more dmg than +15% direct ph. dmg

Since bleeds are capped, then couldn’t you rely on other players to build bleeds in a group setting, thus making 10/10/0/25/25 the better option?

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

deleted

in Mesmer

Jacob.4280

Since bleeds are capped, then couldn’t you rely on other players to build bleeds in a group setting, thus making 10/10/0/25/25 the better option?

I personally don’t meet many ppl who tend to build up condition dmg, even while running with rangers or necros, we mostly aren’t able to cap bleeding up at 25
While u cant count situations like world bosses ofc

deleted

in Mesmer

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

I personally don’t meet many ppl who tend to build up condition dmg, even while running with rangers or necros, we mostly aren’t able to cap bleeding up at 25
While u cant count situations like world bosses ofc

The only issue I can see with the bleed vs phys dmg is on static objects like gates or burrows or what have you. I think ultimately both specs are more than viable, and if you have someone else stacking vuln along with yourself (since there is no easy way to get high vuln stacks without going 15 into dom) the phys dmg probably will pull ahead of the bleed.

deleted

in Mesmer

Xavi.6591

Wouldn’t Divinity Runes be even a better choice than Ruby Orbs if going that route?

deleted

in Mesmer

Jacob.4280

Wouldn’t Divinity Runes be even a better choice than Ruby Orbs if going that route?

No they would not. U will get the same +6% crit dmg but u will get less power/prec,
that +60 to everything is not a big deal

deleted

in Mesmer

Jacob.4280

The only issue I can see with the bleed vs phys dmg is on static objects like gates or burrows or what have you. I think ultimately both specs are more than viable, and if you have someone else stacking vuln along with yourself (since there is no easy way to get high vuln stacks without going 15 into dom) the phys dmg probably will pull ahead of the bleed.

Yep thats true, if u have party which can stack vulnerability, that +15% ph. dmg would, maybe, be better. But theres no way how to test it for me.
in that 0/20/0/25/25 is still much more variability for swaping traits ie. when its better to use pistol instead of focus on some mobile bosses or in situations where u dont need reflects.
also that Phantasmal Fury does a lot to dmg output, and can be swapped for aditional bounce when u want to boost your party with staff.

deleted

in Mesmer

LordByron.8369

usually structures are not an issue.

If ever there are some bosses immune to crits but for overall play and expecially in fractals, 0/20/0/25/25 is working decently (u have nearly 100% reflect uptime on harpies for example).

Its not as the old mesmer was but we know we got to eat mindless nerfs due to the usual PvP nobody plays….and there is no way around it i tested everything i could.

GW2 balance:

deleted

in Mesmer

Xavi.6591

So why did the OP delete his first post?

Nevermind, I see he put all his builds into one post.

deleted

in Mesmer

LordByron.8369

because he changed build i suppose
went first 20/20/0/30/0
Then 10/10/0/25/25

if you look around you can find his new builds

GW2 balance: