do you guys need some advice on mesmer? (pvp)

in Mesmer

Posted by: nothelseth.4621

nothelseth.4621

Turns out that I’m pretty good at the class.

Power, condi, high level or low level; if you got something you want to know about how to mesmer in pvp I probably know the answer.

Cus I’m kittykittymeowmew.

I’ll answer any questions you guys might have here.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I have a question!

What build are you going to use when For Honor comes out in three weeks?

also

On my killshot mesmer, I run The Predator for my rifle skin. Do you think that extra light and sound makes for a more intimidating presence in the mind of the pressured target, or just makes the enemy team more likely to take notice and counter pressure me?

Attachments:

in Mesmer

nothelseth.4621

I have a question!

also

On my killshot mesmer, I run The Predator for my rifle skin. Do you think that extra light and sound makes for a more intimidating presence in the mind of the pressured target, or just makes the enemy team more likely to take notice and counter pressure me?

playing ubisoft games elegiggle

your main problem when it comes to fashion wars is that you play asura. Playing asura dooms you to the lowest possible score from anyone who takes fashion in gw2 seriously. There is no point to talk about the rifle when this glaring issue is blocking your progression

in Mesmer

Posted by: st elmos fire.2987

st elmos fire.2987

Greetings nothelseth.

How to win DH as a meta condi mesmer? I watch your stream but it is hard to see the key moments that win the fight.

Aka Flux

in Mesmer

Posted by: jenzie.4083

jenzie.4083

Halloj!

Thanks for helping out!

What profession would be best to duoque with? (assuming hypothetically I have friends)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Enjoyed your similar thread on PvP boards, hope this one turns out as well!

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

I have a question!

also

playing ubisoft games elegiggle

your main problem when it comes to fashion wars is that you play asura. Playing asura dooms you to the lowest possible score from anyone who takes fashion in gw2 seriously. There is no point to talk about the rifle when this glaring issue is blocking your progression

Rofl

in Mesmer

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

What is the optimal power shatter mesmer build? I want thoughts from a pro. I know condi is better but power is more interestimg to play around with.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

What is the optimal power shatter mesmer build? I want thoughts from a pro. I know condi is better but power is more interestimg to play around with.

Adding to this: Is power shatter the best power setup?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

How about talking basic shatter techniques for power shatter?

Mesmerising Girl

in Mesmer

nothelseth.4621

Halloj!

Thanks for helping out!

What profession would be best to duoque with? (assuming hypothetically I have friends)

thief in higher levels as a mesmer. Otherwise you want something that can 1v1 a sidenode

@ross Power shatter is the best setup for mesmer, assuming this was a real question this time lmao

Regarding build for power mes there are basically three ways to do it. No matter how you go you want to pick up domination and chrono.

Domi; Stun on rupt, boonrip on shatter, mental anguish
Chrono; superspeed clones, extra clone from 2x clones, chronophantasma

Then you got three options. You can go;
Chaos, equip a torch, maybe slap on a decoy. This is PU shatter. Definitely the safest vs thieves but it has the worst damage of power builds on top of not being able to stand on point at all. The plus side is you can make some easy +1s and decaps using stealth.

Question is tho, why not just play thief

Inspiration
Same traits as for condi mes in this line. This used to be a pretty strong build which you could play everywhere but the very top and produce similiar results to condi mes. However, with the nerf to healing power scaling you pretty much have to slap on a menders amulet now and make your damage pathethic

I’d just play condi at this point

Illusion
This is the build I pick up when I play shatter nowadays. Only trait difference from condi is that you pick up shattered strength over torment. This is the most damage you’ll be getting out of a power build with low cds and a lot of mightstacks adding up fast. My next youtube video will feature me playing this build in legend and it has some pretty lulsy oneshots. The obvious problem is that you have the sustain of a crab fighting dinosaurs. But hey, just dodge

@Ithilwen Only thing I can think of that is different than condi mes are:
1. stun with diversion before mindwrack. Try to make sure your clones arent too close to eachother and the target because in that case the stun on daze will be overwritten by other dazes. One idea is have all your clones at medium range, blink in and stun then followup with mindrack before your clones reach him.

2. Let your phantasms always attack before shattering. Usually in condi mes missing out on a phantasm attack isnt important at all but on power mes its a huge part of your damage. For instance, you spawn zerker, zerker attacks, shatter zerker, zerker attacks again. This alone will do crazy dmg on a golem in mist and it doesnt even include you autoattackinga nd mirrorblading.-

in Mesmer

Posted by: nitrodogie.3481

nitrodogie.3481

Hello Sandro,
Do you have any preference for roaming wvw build? Also in spvp, when are you using condi and when power and which one would you say has the highest potential once mastered? Can you give us a quick tip for all 1v1 matchups? Would you like to see any changes to mesmer in the future? Thanks for your time and keep it up champ.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Thanks for the answer on shatters.

Will you talk about portal usage? General ideas and any specific tips would be appreciated.

Mesmerising Girl

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

I need some advice with a situation I experienced yesterday.

It was foefire and the matchup can be resumed with me between defending close from getting decapped by the thief and putting pressure of mid, while 2-3 guys stubbornly pushing far or being outnumbered at mid, specially our necro that wanted to cap close at the start, then insta died at mid and from then only pushed far.

The situation I want advise is the following, we are losing about 360-400:
3 teammates on far vs 3 enemies, warrior and me on mid, enemy engi at mid and thief pushing close to decap. I port there and thief backs and stealths, disappearing from the map. He isn’t in mid and I cannot see him of far because there’s a mess of 6 tags there. After completely capping back close and hesitating looking at map for kitten , I see one teammate downed at far, what would be the best:

• Push mid for 2vs1 the engi, but putting close at risk for a quick decap and then 2vs2 on mid.
  • Camp at close to secure it in case thief is around waiting me to leave, losing a 2vs1 situation in mid, but at the same time knowing far will eventually be lost and enemy team will roll over mid and thief will decap close as nobody cares about it and I don’t have portal there.

We ended up losing that matchup 500-442 but I lost only 6 points, so the enemy had better average rating and resulted to have 2 duo-queue parties.
My team blamed the lost on me for camping at close and leaving mid fights when thief wanted to push far, thinking nobody pushed because it wasn’t contested, but the truth is I constantly anticipated and got there before thief.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

(edited by Ansau.7326)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ghataka.1604

Ghataka.1604

Hi

Do you think i should train to imitate the movement pattern of my clones and autoattack in order to confuse my target? Do you think the enemy will create openings for a burst that way? :v

Do you think the mass production clone build will be the future meta?