how bad is this strategy?

in Mesmer

Posted by: pinkbunnies.4620

pinkbunnies.4620

GS/S/S.

I run a real wonky build tho, definately not you run of the mill min maxers style fotm.

20(V,X)/30(IV,III,X)/10(V)/10(VI)/0

Full power, precision, condition damage gear 4Xrune of mesmer 2Xrune of vampireism

blink/decoy/arcane theivery/massinvisibility(moamorph is for losers)

attack my clones if you dare, and good luck laying a glove on me.

Ive been doing this build forever now with almost no change. Ive tried torch, dont like it, focus, dont like it but switch to it for speed then back, pistol stun doesnt give the damage spike i get from the block.

so how crazy am i for doing this?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Why would you use condition damage gear with this build? Looks like a waste of a stat for me.

in Mesmer

pinkbunnies.4620

Why would you use condition damage gear with this build? Looks like a waste of a stat for me.

you think id be better off with the crit damage?

in Mesmer

Kaiyanwan.8521

Yeah, just get berserker. Looks like glass cannon anyway from your gear setup, so crit damage will help a lot.

in Mesmer

Kaiyanwan.8521

Looks like you are from the PvP side of the game. Nontheless you might wanna try this:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Lazy-Kai-s-guide-to-PvE/first#post850116

in Mesmer

Posted by: Delofasht.4231

Delofasht.4231

Rampagers gear is fine here, a good amount of people will tell you otherwise but with the illusions applying bleeds on crits that extra condition damage is the same damage or more than the extra crit damage.

“I’m sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.”
- Dr. Alfred Lanning, fictional character of great intellect.

in Mesmer

pinkbunnies.4620

Rampagers gear is fine here, a good amount of people will tell you otherwise but with the illusions applying bleeds on crits that extra condition damage is the same damage or more than the extra crit damage.

yeah i dont utilize the shatters hardly at all so i do see that bleed crit damage…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

This is a new build I was made for guild wars 2 for the Mesmer. It focuses more on condi damage based off of your illusions, with a touch of you adding bleeds as well. let me know what you guys think. Thanks guys

Jeff

Here’s another thread you should check out. May help with your build. Personally I have enjoyed playing this guys build and found it far more balanced and stronger than the one you are currently playing.

I’d stick with conditions for your spec but get the extra condi damage out of the Illusion trait line.

in Mesmer

Kaiyanwan.8521

Nah, he has a direct damage build with bleeds as an additional effect.
Just do the math. In exotic gear he should be above 50% crit chance.

Math is not my strength though so the numbers might be off. Critmulti is 150%, with berserker it is about 210%.

100 damage: crit w/o berserker 150 damage
100 damage: crit w berserker 210 damage

With 50% crit rate:
Average damage w/o berserker: 125 damage
Average damage w berserker: 155 damage

Damage increase: 24%

No way to get a similar result with stacking cond damage for the bleed.

(edited by Kaiyanwan.8521)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

Math is not my strength though so the numbers might be off. Critmulti is 150%, with berserker it is about 210%.

With 50% crit rate:

He’s taking conditions on clone death and clone generation, he may not be specing into condition damage but that’s where he’ll get his best results from those traits. It’s really an excellent 1v1 build. It eats bunkers, and eats thieves even if they spend their whole lives cloaked. It doesn’t do well in large scale warfare though as it is a dueling spec. All you have to do to make this build successful is dodge roll and swap your weapons. Make 3 clones and after that they start blowing up. If your opponent starts killing them for you just make more. Personally I like to pop out iDuelist at range to whittle them down and stack tons of bleed while the other 2 clones keep dying and spreading conditions.

(edited by Wise.8025)

in Mesmer

Kaiyanwan.8521

With 50% crit rate:

He’s taking conditions on clone death and clone generation, he may not be specing into condition damage but that’s where he’ll get his best results from those traits. It’s really an excellent 1v1 build. It eats bunkers, and eats thieves even if they spend their whole lives cloaked. It doesn’t do well in large scale warfare though as it is a dueling spec. All you have to do to make this build successful is dodge roll and swap your weapons. Make 3 clones and after that they start blowing up. If your opponent starts killing them for you just make more. Personally I like to pop out iDuelist at range to whittle them down and stack tons of bleed while the other 2 clones keep dying and spreading conditions.

I get the point of this build. I just say that even with the conditions caused by dying clones, he would be better off with crit damage on a GS S/S build.

in Mesmer

Kaiyanwan.8521

It would make more sense if he was specced 20/20/10/0/20 in this case. He would loose some crit, but gain 200 cond damage, keep reduced skill cooldown on GS and S, and get as well a longer confusion (V) and more damage with each illusion (III) .

(edited by Kaiyanwan.8521)

in Mesmer

pinkbunnies.4620

I really appreciate all the feedback! Ill try out the extra crit damage thing and see if I feel like its worth losing the condition dameage since i can easilly switch back its worth at least trying. And who knows maybe putting some points in the illusions tree would do some good, worth a try!

Someone said that what i was doing is a good dueling spec and thats exactly what I like to do…

one time in a hot join spvp i was alone till a bunker gaurdian joined and we dueled a couple times, always a stalemate until i figured out that to win was use sword mainhand auto attack to strip boons on third hit… that and clones exploding in his face and arcane theivery finally did the trick… wouldnt have worked if there were others around because it took to long but it works. Thieves are a pain but good blink out of initial burst and smart use of decoy/mass invis and its usually a draw with him running or a win. warriors its the same, blink out of the big spike then kite to death with izerker snare and clone condition death. eles are fun! they can be the most fun fights they go either way but always a blast, same goes for certain necro builds. Rangers… I dont know, some are amazing some are a pushover seems like a lot of variation there that i have a hard time figuring out.

anyways thanks for the feedback! have fun thats what we play for!

P.S. How do people play spvp without blink? Blink is so crutial and clutch in every single engagement i cant fathom not useing it.

(edited by pinkbunnies.4620)

in Mesmer

Posted by: djtool.8372

djtool.8372

I just want to remind everyone that condition on death equates to vulnerability, weakness, or bleeding. You get one stack of confusion from the dueling 25 trait. Unless he is producing clones for the sole purpose of destroying them by creating another specing for condition damage probably wont yield him much. Also he can’t do the above if he plans on using GS.

If he instead wanted to use his GS clones to stack bleeds for him then he should take rampagers and get a staff to go with it.

For spvp I think the OP should tell us what amulet he’s considering as that more or less defines a builds direction.

in Mesmer

pinkbunnies.4620

runes of the fighter and berserkers amulet… would like some guidance there too