korelg.7862

-GS #1 damages 5 enemies on a 360 radius around the target

-GS #3 has a 600 radius

-Pistol can now be equiped on MH

how happy would this make you?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dracatis.1908

Dracatis.1908

1. Nope, one of the most viable beams in the game, don’t tempt them to make it a projectile.
  2. Would be nice, though they’d have to drop the damage, so meh.
  3. Maybe it’s just me, but I just don’t see thematically a Mesmer using a pistol. I mean if your just going to shoot something in the face… why mesmerize them? Off-hand I see it as a last resort for sucking at Mesmer’ing.

Summary: Fixing actual bugs would make me happy, this would not at all.

“We are the makers of the music, we are the dreamers of the dream”
-Willy Wonka(Gene Wilder)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

1. Nope, one of the most viable beams in the game, don’t tempt them to make it a projectile.

If by viable you mean does bad damage and gets obstructed by everything then….sure?

1. Would be nice, though they’d have to drop the damage, so meh.

Drop the damage? It’s already weak…

1. Maybe it’s just me, but I just don’t see thematically a Mesmer using a pistol. I mean if your just going to shoot something in the face… why mesmerize them? Off-hand I see it as a last resort for sucking at Mesmer’ing.

Lol. Offhand pistol you see as a last resort for sucking at mesmer, and you don’t see dual pistols being thematically appropriate for a dueling class? I’d love to hear an explanation for both of those.

in Mesmer

Dracatis.1908

1. Maybe it’s just me, but I just don’t see thematically a Mesmer using a pistol. I mean if your just going to shoot something in the face… why mesmerize them? Off-hand I see it as a last resort for sucking at Mesmer’ing.

Lol. Offhand pistol you see as a last resort for sucking at mesmer, and you don’t see dual pistols being thematically appropriate for a dueling class? I’d love to hear an explanation for both of those.

I’m ex-military, you don’t ‘duel’ with guns, guns just flat out kill. There is no honor, no drama, no mesmering, no theatrical if it wounds unfatally it’s purely by luck and accident, it takes nearly no skill beyond common sense. And while duel welding is only dramatic in it’s overkillness in the same way Micheal Bay movies are dramatic, you are just stunned by the stupid excess. Try to imagine the Man in Black vs Inigo Montoya in Princess Bride with guns. It wouldn’t work, it isn’t theater. Mesmer is about leaving someone on the floor wondering what just happened, not ‘dur… I’m gonna shoot you tell you die from it!’

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

I’m ex-military, you don’t ‘duel’ with guns, guns just flat out kill. There is no honor, no drama, no mesmering, no theatrical if it wounds unfatally it’s purely by luck and accident, it takes nearly no skill beyond common sense.

This is guild wars 2, not Iraq. Dual pistols are the typical archetype of a dueling class.

And while duel welding is only dramatic in it’s overkillness in the same way Micheal Bay movies are dramatic, you are just stunned by the stupid excess. Try to imagine the Man in Black vs Inigo Montoya in Princess Bride with guns. It wouldn’t work, it isn’t theater. Mesmer is about leaving someone on the floor wondering what just happened, not ‘dur… I’m gonna shoot you tell you die from it!’

/facepalm

(edited by Fay.2357)

in Mesmer

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

This is guild wars 2, not Iraq.

Rude and politically edgy, I like it.

+1 for not giving a kitten.

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

I always imagined a Dueling class welding melee weapons. Pistols are not melee. Sword/Sword on the other hand just screams Dueling both in a sense that you are dual wielding same weapon and that you are built to 1v1. I always wanted my mes to wield daggers…

(edited by frifox.5283)

in Mesmer

Posted by: inhearth.2038

inhearth.2038

-GS #1 damages 5 enemies on a 360 radius around the target

It would be awesome for PvE. Mesmer needs a bit more of AoE~
Buuut, it wouldn’t fit with GS design, because it’s more of a single target weapon than AoE.
Also, GS does a lot of spike dmg in PvP with sigil procs, so it would be kittened in team fights where Mesmers would keep the distance making a lot of ranged damage. Who would need Rangers?

GS #3 has a 600 radius

As I’ve said, GS is more about single target damage. If used correctly, this skill combines perfectly with GS burst, and I don’t recognize any reason to change it… Mind Stab is perfect the way it is.

-Pistol can now be equiped on MH

Nah. Dracatis said everything.

Also, we already have enough Mary Sues…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I always imagined a Dueling class welding melee weapons. Pistols are not melee. Sword/Sword on the other hand just screams Dueling both in a sense that you are dual wielding same weapon and that you are built to 1v1. I always wanted my mes to wield daggers…

And yet two of the most well known dueling situations, “pistols at dawn between gentlemen” and “cowboys at high noon” involve pistols.

I can see it now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NIeF6exmAj4#t=329
(Mesmer played by Owen Wilson)

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

Buuut, it wouldn’t fit with GS design

Design can change

We are no longer in beta, but the class is still so bug filled that a total rework of some skills would probably be the best solution.

Plus considering that other illusions spend their time standing still or chasing without attacking before being destroyed, probably the GS deals more aoe than other weapons.

It’s not fun that because the devs planned the class to lack of aoe we can’t tag anything properly and we end up gaining a fraction of what all other classes can loot during group events/dungeons just spamming aoe.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Only change to #3 that I would really make a push for is not to have to be rooted while casting, however quick the cast time I prefer to be able to constantly move unless I have distortion on my Mesmer so the rooting is kinda annoying imo.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

ITT: I like being the only class that is useless in most game types

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

I don’t care about any of these changes. My happiness is unchanged. In fact I feel even worse because you suggested three useless changes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Maybe it’s just me, but I just don’t see thematically a Mesmer using a pistol. I mean if your just going to shoot something in the face… why mesmerize them? Off-hand I see it as a last resort for sucking at Mesmer’ing.

What if I told you.. there was no weapons. That gun you see in my Mesmer’s hands. It’s not there. It’s me playing a trick on your mind. You think I have a gun, but it’s in fact just an illusion. That snake curling up near your feet.. that is real though. Us Mesmer’s can’t afford bullets anyways. Nobody takes us to dungeons anymore.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in Mesmer

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

gues those chages weren’t that good… ok, how about this:

-New signet elite,
Passive:every single target attack now hits 5 targets arround the main target in a 600 radius for 30% of the main damage
Active: extra hits now deal 100% of the main damage, main hit deals 120% lasts 10 sec

now for the visual effect i’d make it so an image of the attack appears at every target hit, like a clone that spawns, hits and dissapears… how cool would that be?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kadj.6725

Kadj.6725

Give me a signet (elite would be a great slot) with a passive movement speed boost or I don’t care about signets.

Also, I don’t think you understand signets. You lose the passive when you get the active effect.

in Mesmer

korelg.7862

Give me a signet (elite would be a great slot) with a passive movement speed boost or I don’t care about signets.

Also, I don’t think you understand signets. You lose the passive when you get the active effect.

yes, that is true, when you activate you get the full effect, then during the CD you loose the whole effect, I dont see any issue there, then again, I’m just throwing cool ideas

in Mesmer

korelg.7862

3. Maybe it’s just me, but I just don’t see thematically a Mesmer using a pistol. I mean if your just going to shoot something in the face… why mesmerize them? Off-hand I see it as a last resort for sucking at Mesmer’ing.

1. why turn it into a projectile? the idea is thinking how a beam would work, having that piercing effect it now has and having a bit of splash damage on its target
  1. if you look at any other AoE skill, like arcing arrow from warrior the damage is perffectly fine for a wider area
  1. dual pistol definately fit in the “duelist” theme, besides is not like dual pistols would work like thief’’s pistols, I’d give it more fitting skills #1 could be a bouncing bullet #2 could be a bullet barrage + dash that leaves a clone and #3 could be a block/counter with daze

in Mesmer

Dracatis.1908

Maybe it’s just me, but I just don’t see thematically a Mesmer using a pistol. I mean if your just going to shoot something in the face… why mesmerize them? Off-hand I see it as a last resort for sucking at Mesmer’ing.

What if I told you.. there was no weapons. That gun you see in my Mesmer’s hands. It’s not there. It’s me playing a trick on your mind. You think I have a gun, but it’s in fact just an illusion. That snake curling up near your feet.. that is real though. Us Mesmer’s can’t afford bullets anyways. Nobody takes us to dungeons anymore.

^This is the best argument and I secede the point.

The ’gentleman’s duel’ and ‘high noon’ aren’t duels so much as ‘I want to kill you but I don’t want people to get so mad over it’. Also ’gentleman’s duel’ didn’t automatically mean guns, fisticuffs and sabers were typically picked more typically because you wanted to prove you weren’t just someone that can afford a nice shirt but also physically dangerous if need be.

in Mesmer

Posted by: LCV.7245

LCV.7245

gs #1 already hits all enemies in its path. You should probably practice your mechanics before you come to the forums and as for our opinions.

The Pleb Army | 80 Sylvari Mesmer | 80 Norn Warrior | 80 Asura Ranger | 80 Asura Necromancer |
80 Sylvari Thief | 80 Human Elementalist | 80 Asura Guardian | 80 Asura Engineer |
80 Sylvari Revenant

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

^This is the best argument and I secede the point.

The ’gentleman’s duel’ and ‘high noon’ aren’t duels so much as ‘I want to kill you but I don’t want people to get so mad over it’. Also ’gentleman’s duel’ didn’t automatically mean guns, fisticuffs and sabers were typically picked more typically because you wanted to prove you weren’t just someone that can afford a nice shirt but also physically dangerous if need be.

So what you’re saying is, dueling to the death is still dueling, no matter the weapon. Got it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Kitten no way, to GS #1 being a projectile… That would really annoy me.

GS is fairly well rounded compared to all our weapons at the moment, with the exception of Mind Stab – which to be honest if they do a damage and radius buff would be reasonably acceptable as well.

As for pistol – maybe expect that in, I dunno, 5 years or so?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I basically roleplay this anyway – the only way I can make sense of weapon swap magically pulling out another weapon set from thin air.

Or for example mind stab thrusting a GS into the ground and pulling it out in around 1 second. Has to be an illusion!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kirito.9207

Kirito.9207

1. why turn it into a projectile? the idea is thinking how a beam would work, having that piercing effect it now has and having a bit of splash damage on its target
  1. if you look at any other AoE skill, like arcing arrow from warrior the damage is perffectly fine for a wider area
  1. dual pistol definately fit in the “duelist” theme, besides is not like dual pistols would work like thief’’s pistols, I’d give it more fitting skills #1 could be a bouncing bullet #2 could be a bullet barrage + dash that leaves a clone and #3 could be a block/counter with daze

That sounds too fun. I think I’m getting too excited for this upcoming patch. I feel like we’re all going to be majorly disappointed.

Here I thought I learned my lesson when it comes to hoping anything good coming to Mesmer..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

1. This will never happen. GS auto attack is pretty good already with sigil of air and fire.
2. Some tweaks on GS#3 are definitely welcome as it’s one of most underwhelmed skills.
3. Would love to see that. But it will probably take ages for us to see addition of new skills/weapons for professions.