how is mesmer AoE?

how is mesmer AoE?

in Mesmer

Posted by: MysticoN.5068

MysticoN.5068

So i just got back to the game and was thinking about rolling a Mesmer. I played a Guardian and a Necro and i love the AoE they can do. So how is the Mesmer AoE abilities and or support? Realy liked the “tanky” feeling i got from my guardian.

MysticoN – 80 Necro
Draci – 80 Guardian ( on hold)
-Far Silverpeak-

how is mesmer AoE?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

Mesmers are a little poor on AoE,
and support is just bad in general for them
more of a controlly class than support
they have very few AoE skills with a harsh cooldown,so you may have issues even with tagging mobs to get loot/exp
only thing they have is Mind Wrack (12) ,and Phantasmal Berserker (16?) for Power damage,and Chaos Storm (40) and Cry of Frustration (20) for Condition damage
these are the only 2 reliable skills that can AoE
with their cooldowns being in parenthesis WITH TRAITS to reduce cooldown
they have very few other AoE abilities,or just too situational to rely on for them to be in this list

how is mesmer AoE?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

yah, aoe is a biggy in pve, especially in orr where you have to tag them in less than 2 seconds before they die, also in WvW, but glamour can help you there

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

how is mesmer AoE?

in Mesmer

Posted by: pahldus.1678

pahldus.1678

However we have several good support and bunker(tank) builds.

Check Fay’s guide list stickied at the top of the forum.

how is mesmer AoE?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

get in sword+focus and do melee aoe.

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

how is mesmer AoE?

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Here are a few other AOE options I try to use as a power Mesmer.

MirrorBlade (GS#2) will bounce among targets. MindStab (GS#3) is a little tricky, but it hits multiple.

Spatial Surge (GS auto-attack) can hit multiple, but you have to have the far mob targeted and get the others in between you. Scepter #3 does the same thing.

Mantra of Pain can be nice for quickly tagging multiples. If a mob is already somewhat damaged, tap mantra of pain and tab to the next mob. (I trait for 3 casts and try to make sure I recharge between waves in Orr fights.)

You may get a racial ability to help. Asuran’s get radiation field which lasts 15 seconds and ticks for over 200 poison damage even if you’re not specd for condition damage.