iDefender/iDisenchanter Idea

in Mesmer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Allow mesmers to swap a phantasm on our weapon set with either the Defender or Disenchanter, like you can swap utilities out for other utilities.

For example, you’re using a Staff and you don’t want iWarlock for w/e reason and want to replace it with some extra utility/defensive phantasm, so when out of combat you click the arrow above iWarlock and choose either Defender or Disenchanter and they replace iWarlock.

This would also prevent them from being used in any other utility/phantasm slot.

Would add some nice customization and a way to make use of these phantasms w/o giving up precious utility slots on stuff that will be shattered or hit illusion cap too often.

Thoughts?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

“Givig up precious utility slots” is the point of… Utility slots :P

Imagine a really tanky build with decoy/blink/veil…. Now add the defender aswell. Normally they would have to sacrifice decoy/blink/veil to get that extra defense from the defender, now they dont, and tey just lose a warlock thats worthless to them.

Normally im all up for customisation, but this feels kind of imbalanced to me :o.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Well – I like the idea of being able to switch some Phantasms. Nice idea – maybe change it a bit:

Staff:
- IWarlock: deals medium damage +10% per unique condition
- ITormenter: deals medium damage +5% condition damage for 4 sec. for each unique condition the target had after hit.

Pistol:
- IDuellist: deals 8x low damage to one target, 20% combofinisher
- ISniper: deals 1x high damage to one target, 100% combofinisher, can’t be blocked, ignores units between target and illusion (allways hits), gains additional 20% crit damage when there are no boons on the target

Focus:
- IWarden: AoE 5 Targets, 16x (?) low damage hits, protects from projectiles
- IInterrupter: AoE 5 Targets, 8x (half damage / duration of warden) low damage hits, dazes attacking enemies for 0.5 seconds.

I guess you get the idea. Every Illusion gains another situational brother/sister

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

(edited by Xyonon.3987)

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

It was fun, made a few more:

Sword:
- ISwordsman: leaps (combo finisher) to the target, deals high damage, jumps back after it
- IImpaler: leaps to the target, deals medium damage and causes 1 stack of vurnability for each stack of bleeding for 4 seconds, jumps back too.

Torch:
- Ihoweveri’mcalledagain: Deals small damage. Causes confusion and retalation to enemies and allies, 3 (?) targets.
- ITimekeeper: Deals small damage. Causes to stop the timer of all conditions at the target for 3 seconds. Boons will pass with double speed for 3 seconds. Hits 2 targets (bounce).

Greatsword:
- IBerserker: spin to win with high damage, max 5 targets per hit, you know him
- IGladiator: uses your GS 5 skill (WITHOUT knockback, just animation) and deals medium damage to 5 targets, 5 allies gain 2 stacks of might for 10 seconds.

What do you think? ^..^ honestly :o

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

in Mesmer

Knote.2904

“Givig up precious utility slots” is the point of… Utility slots :P

Imagine a really tanky build with decoy/blink/veil…. Now add the defender aswell. Normally they would have to sacrifice decoy/blink/veil to get that extra defense from the defender, now they dont, and tey just lose a warlock thats worthless to them.

Normally im all up for customisation, but this feels kind of imbalanced to me :o.

Yes but they’re utilities that are killable and take up our illusion slots….

You don’t see other classes defensive utilities being killable or removed when trying to do dmg, or vice versa a guardian popping a shout and losing their #2 attack lol.

Besides you’re giving up phantasm dmg, which is where a large portion of your damage comes from, and still comes with the same penalties of being shattered/cooldowns/killable.

It was fun, made a few more:

Sword:
- ISwordsman: leaps (combo finisher) to the target, deals high damage, jumps back after it
- IImpaler: leaps to the target, deals medium damage and causes 1 stack of vurnability for each stack of bleeding for 4 seconds, jumps back too.

Torch:
- Ihoweveri’mcalledagain: Deals small damage. Causes confusion and retalation to enemies and allies, 3 (?) targets.
- ITimekeeper: Deals small damage. Causes to stop the timer of all conditions at the target for 3 seconds. Boons will pass with double speed for 3 seconds. Hits 2 targets (bounce).

Greatsword:
- IBerserker: spin to win with high damage, max 5 targets per hit, you know him
- IGladiator: uses your GS 5 skill (WITHOUT knockback, just animation) and deals medium damage to 5 targets, 5 allies gain 2 stacks of might for 10 seconds.

What do you think? ^..^ honestly :o

Those are nice ideas, and TBH I feel like every weapon ability for every class should be like this, where you can swap out “alternative” versions of weapon attacks just for more variety/customization.

(edited by Knote.2904)

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Don’t use “other classes”. It’s great to have differences! And thx I think some of the ideas would be really nice.

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

I think I would be perfectly happy to have iDefender/Idisenchanter not die on shatters…. Only phantasms that can die in shatters are your weapon phantasms. Just my 2c.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

It would be nice to have a rotation on the F skills with 0 CD:

First click, all Clones will going to shatter, now you have 1 sec time to send the Phantasms if you wish so. The Problem is: The damage calculation of F1 → The damage gets less if you shatter more Illusions. So actually it would be a great buff! (Shattering 2 and 1 Illusion deals more damage than 3 at once).

How about that idea?

in Mesmer

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

First click, all Clones will going to shatter, now you have 1 sec time to send the Phantasms if you wish so. The Problem is: The damage calculation of F1 -> The damage gets less if you shatter more Illusions. So actually it would be a great buff! (Shattering 2 and 1 Illusion deals more damage than 3 at once).

How about that idea?

Um, I must be completely missing something here. Explain what you mean the damage gets less the more illusions you have to shatter please. Only thing I can think of is the effect that compounding power has, but you don’t actually lose damage you just get less additional damage from the amount of illusions left alive when they shatter (the base damage does not get less). Example, compounding power gives 3% damage per illusion alive, you have multiple illusions at various ranges so they don’t all blow up immediately, as each individual illusion shatters you drop 3% bonus damage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I would gladly trade my iMage for iDisenchanter every time of the day :P

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

I think I would be perfectly happy to have iDefender/Idisenchanter not die on shatters…. Only phantasms that can die in shatters are your weapon phantasms. Just my 2c.

Agree. It’s like wasting a utility slot when you’re shattering. It also limits the build diversity out there. A shatter Mesmer would never take one of the utility phantasms. Kinda funny that the class mechanic “destroys” utility skills. Imagine shattering would remove all Mantra charges.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Mesmer

Knote.2904

They could just seperate them from the illusion pool, it’s not like they do dmg, they just bring their defensive utility and are still vulnerable to being killed and become like normal utility pets.

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

They could just seperate them from the illusion pool, it’s not like they do dmg, they just bring their defensive utility and are still vulnerable to being killed and become like normal utility pets.

SOOOOO true. This would make me soo happy too.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

First click, all Clones will going to shatter, now you have 1 sec time to send the Phantasms if you wish so. The Problem is: The damage calculation of F1 -> The damage gets less if you shatter more Illusions. So actually it would be a great buff! (Shattering 2 and 1 Illusion deals more damage than 3 at once).

How about that idea?

Um, I must be completely missing something here. Explain what you mean the damage gets less the more illusions you have to shatter please. Only thing I can think of is the effect that compounding power has, but you don’t actually lose damage you just get less additional damage from the amount of illusions left alive when they shatter (the base damage does not get less). Example, compounding power gives 3% damage per illusion alive, you have multiple illusions at various ranges so they don’t all blow up immediately, as each individual illusion shatters you drop 3% bonus damage.

If you shatter 1 illusion, you will deal for example 1000 damage. If you shatter 2 illusions they deal 2x 800 and not 2x 1000. And at 3 they go down to 3x 700 for example. Shattering multiple illusions will increase the overall damage but normally shattering 3 instead of 1 illusion brings just the double damage and not three times. I don’t llike this but it’s how it works. Check your F1 skill. F2 doesn’t get weaker btw.

back to topic:
Removing the Utility phantasms from shatter is a great idea IF (!) you can still have 3 other Illusions out there. So if you use the two utility phantasms you could have 5 illusions right? Then it would be ok. To balance it i would limit them to 1 of the same kind, so idisenchanter destroys himself after recast.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

This is a very mesmery mechanic. I like the idea!
And I don’t think there’s need to balance it with the boon counterpart: it’s a long cooldown squishy phantasm after all.

in Mesmer

Posted by: WitchKing.5317

WitchKing.5317

Anet really need to take this into consideration. There are some fantastic idea’s here. Mesmer should be a sophisticated class and this adds a whole new level to it. I would love nothing more than to see this in a future patch. Maybe not right now but yes, Anet should be using this as a base plate to expand the Mesmer class.

Fanged Wisdom- [BBQ]/[OMFG]
The Corrupt Mesmer Builds

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

This is a very mesmery mechanic. I like the idea!
And I don’t think there’s need to balance it with the boon counterpart: it’s a long cooldown squishy phantasm after all.

It was meant that enemies conditions last 3 seconds longer and HIS boons are passing faster for 3 seconds :P