iLeap slower than usual?

iLeap slower than usual?

in Mesmer

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

I have noticed that after the patch it seems like we’re unable to swap as fast as we usually could. I constantly find myself BF’ing thin air because it didn’t swap fast enough. I have talked to someone about this in my guild and he said the same thing.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

iLeap slower than usual?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

I have noticed this as well, with multiple skills. Everything just seems to be a little bit not quite right.

iLeap slower than usual?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Ive regularly been finding myself pressing skill buttons on all weapons and them not activating. At first I wondered if it was some sort of lag related issue, though I’ve never encountered it before in all 9 or whatever months playing. It’s just ever since the patch coincidentally.

Anet did do a lot of work on the reduction on cast time to skill animations etc. Perhaps they stuffed something up.

I actually took a vid today where, at a point, it felt like it was happening. Like I said it could have been lag but this is what it looks like anyway.
At 2:20 the mes is low and running away, I start firing my skills, you see them start blinking as if queued to cast, but nothing ends up happening (So much time passes my toon even has a chance to catch up and “catch” on the enemy). I know that’s what lag can look like, but what it “feels” like is completely different. On the fast paced sword, its VERY obvious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgVsWzUyPGo&feature=youtu.be

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

iLeap slower than usual?

in Mesmer

vinceftw.5086

I have noticed this as well, with multiple skills. Everything just seems to be a little bit not quite right.

Exactly. I’ve noticed this as well with Chaos Storm. It seems like all our skill have a slight cast/aftercast increase.

Quickblade Vince – Thief

iLeap slower than usual?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

ive had this several times aswell in Spvp.. but my Spvp gets lagg spikes in general since the patch, while my internets is fine… but even when im not lagging theres a chance my swap wont activate…

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

iLeap slower than usual?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mere Image.8376

Mere Image.8376

In WvW I find that this skill is so incredibly slow that it often fails. What gives. Ninja nerf?

Server: Ehmry Bay
Guild: Commanders of the Reborn Empire Nation [CORE]
Level 80 Professions: Mesmer, Warrior, Thief

iLeap slower than usual?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wolfield.9812

Wolfield.9812

I find skills not casting and having to press the button a few times.

iLeap slower than usual?

in Mesmer

Posted by: athuria.2751

athuria.2751

I’ve noticed a weird delay happening on iLeap and Chaos Storm in particular, where there’s a gap between when I activate the skill and when the casting actually occurs (as in, I can see the animation literally not happening for a second). It’s like skill lag, but unlike skill lag I’ve experienced before it’s not happening with all skills I try to use. It’s also not happening to me consistently.

I don’t think it’s impacting my Engineer but I’ve only played her post-patch in the dungeon once, if anyone can vouch whether they’re feeling weird delays on other classes we’ll know how wide of an issue this is.

Syrlya | Sylvari Mesmer
Arabelle Jones | Human Engineer
Stormbluff Isle

iLeap slower than usual?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

I’ve made threads in the thief and elementalist forums. They are all experiencing the same odd sluggishness in skills. This is not Mesmer specific, it is most definitely a full game problem.

iLeap slower than usual?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

I have noticed this too and have given up on my Sword/Focus/Staff build for the time being. iLeap can already be annoying when the clone doesn’t Leap as intended to it’s target and instead “Stutters and walks to it” Now this Swap delay.

To be honest i think Anet its purposely trying to make us stop playing Mesmer’s because they are cried about so much.

iLeap slower than usual?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I have noticed this too and have given up on my Sword/Focus/Staff build for the time being. iLeap can already be annoying when the clone doesn’t Leap as intended to it’s target and instead “Stutters and walks to it” Now this Swap delay.

To be honest i think Anet its purposely trying to make us stop playing Mesmer’s because they are cried about so much.

Yeah.. no. I don’t think so.

iLeap slower than usual?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Apollo.7583

Apollo.7583

Ive had similar problems with a few of my skills on Necro and not triggering. Thought it was lag.

iLeap slower than usual?

in Mesmer

Posted by: AegisTrio.4928

AegisTrio.4928

I have noticed the same problem post-patch as the OP and thought it was lag or computer related. Good to know I’m not the only one experiencing this.

iLeap slower than usual?

in Mesmer

vinceftw.5086

I’ve made threads in the thief and elementalist forums. They are all experiencing the same odd sluggishness in skills. This is not Mesmer specific, it is most definitely a full game problem.

That’s strange. I’ve not noticed this on my engineer thus far, or my necromancer. I have noticed it on elementalist though. Sometimes I use the button to swap attunements but I didn’t actually swap.

Quickblade Vince – Thief

iLeap slower than usual?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Anuxdei.2175

Anuxdei.2175

there is a problem on my leap , im not talking about problems bc of area surface , this is different problem because even low range leap going slow or last seconds (0.5 to target) going slow but really boring…..
arenanet rolled ranger

(edited by Anuxdei.2175)