illusion skill trait tree

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

Idk if it’s just me but i feel like our condition dmg = should no longer be in illusions considering that whole entire skill tree revolves around confusion and glamour when confusion is no longer what it used to be, maybe trade the condition dmg with boon duration in chaos? i would like to get more condition dmg bonus, but its pointless to invest points into illusions.

Will you help me move?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

I remember a famous mesmer saying “trait for traits, not for stats”.
You dont like the bonus on condition damage in the illusion tree even if you think it is all about confusion (which is a condition, arguably our best one even after the nerf). Then you say you would like to have more condition damage but its useless to invest into this tree. So, why is it useless to you? traits? stat bonus? confusion as condition?

(edited by Levitas.1953)

in Mesmer

Bones.5762

and yes, i use traits for traits, not for stats, which is why i’m saying can’t i have both? (i feel entitled)

well its useless to me because i started running a condi mesmer without confusion, besides the occasional shatters or random conf from chaos armor, its all coming from bleeds and burns from my staff. I have to allocate some runes for duration which also takes away some dmg, and was wondering why condi dmg is on illusions skill tree if confusion isn’t suppose to be a main source of condi dmg anymore.

Will you help me move?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

You get (free) confusion on shatters. You get the extra-bounce for staff (and some other weapon skills). How does that not fit with condition-damage?

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Plus the master of misdirection… oh sir I tell you confusion is still very strong I just wish they would revert it because of other things that are not reverted in wvw but are in pvp… I kinda feel its a little unfair to have thieves and warriors with over 100% crit chance without any fear of punishment or guardians/eles that can straight out heal any confusion we apply… Just not right… if they want to split wvw and pvp from pve they should do all skills not just pick and choose based off the whiners.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Bones.5762

Plus the master of misdirection… oh sir I tell you confusion is still very strong I just wish they would revert it because of other things that are not reverted in wvw but are in pvp… I kinda feel its a little unfair to have thieves and warriors with over 100% crit chance without any fear of punishment or guardians/eles that can straight out heal any confusion we apply… Just not right… if they want to split wvw and pvp from pve they should do all skills not just pick and choose based off the whiners.

true, its unlikely now that confusion will be a main source of condition dmg now unless your extremely good at applying it and using condition duration food, i heard it could go up to around 200% increased duration in just confusion alone from someone but not sure.

Will you help me move?

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

I’m sure with the proper runeset like runes of nightmare you could. I like runes of undead for higher Condi damage

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: BossFi.6917

BossFi.6917

Yeah, and the minor traits are all about shattering. As a condition mesmer you don’t want to be shattering unless your shattering for the extra confusion (which is kinda pointless now with the nerf)

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

I have started a thread in the suggestions forum detailing why the confusion nerf should be reverted… Show support for it hopefully ANET will take an objective look instead of doing “Whack-a-mole” balancing. It seems like that is what they did with this confusion/blinding befuddlement nerf. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Revert-the-WvW-Confusion-Nerf/first#post2016080

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Every class is like this DPS warriors put points into Arms for critical chance and the secondary is condition damage.

Non condition thieves will go 15 points into trickery for the extra 3 initiative and kleptomaniac trait the secondary is condition damage.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

Every class is like this DPS warriors put points into Arms for critical chance and the secondary is condition damage.

Non condition thieves will go 15 points into trickery for the extra 3 initiative and kleptomaniac trait the secondary is condition damage.

All mesmers go 30 deep into illusions (mostly) for iPersona and glamour mesmers (used to) go 30 for 2 different trait these traits revolved around condition damage. They are situationaly dependant but usually this is why we go into these lines.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer