illusions that are not just clones of myself!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Artyport.2084

Artyport.2084

Please!
We are illusionist
Can we please summon spooky phantasms
inspiration butterflies that aoe heal
Huge ogres that stomp and knockdown foes in the area
U get the gist

in Mesmer

Posted by: themenaceofseventhdimension.2075

themenaceofseventhdimension.2075

Nope, not gonna happen. Then we become frickin Pink Minion Masters. Just buff the phantasms a bit and it’s all good for me anyways. At least in my own opinion.

in Mesmer

Artyport.2084

Nope, not gonna happen. Then we become frickin Pink Minion Masters. Just buff the phantasms a bit and it’s all good for me anyways. At least in my own opinion.

No!
They would act just like current phantasms with different visuals.

For instance summon the butterfly which does a pulse aoe heal. Can still be shattered and still is summoned on a monster

in Mesmer

Posted by: kubetz.3058

kubetz.3058

No, thank you. I like current phantasms models with their weapon models. Little butterflies are cute, but giant ones are scary.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Overlord.7394

Overlord.7394

I politely decline.

My name is Remy. I’m a proud member of Lion Knights. Defender of Borlis Pass.
80s: Mesmer, Engineer, Guardian.
In progress: Warrior 52.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

lord no. its perfect how it is. Its all about illusions and confusing the enemy.

Now if another class had something like that, a new class, id be more than fine with it. I still think they should release new skins for the necros minions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

I for one will happily condone pink butterflies!

But for new skills. I want to be sneaky with the illusions/phantasms we have.

in Mesmer

Artyport.2084

But no one is confused by phantasms. So these would just be purple illusions of other things. You guys are boring

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rskin.4901

Rskin.4901

I say no to illusions that dont look like ourselves.

However im all for new phantasms providing more utility.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Overlord.7394

Overlord.7394

They are… PURPLE butterflies…. How dare you.

My name is Remy. I’m a proud member of Lion Knights. Defender of Borlis Pass.
80s: Mesmer, Engineer, Guardian.
In progress: Warrior 52.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I wouldn’t mind. Phantasms aren’t like clones, they’re used to attack and not to confuse.
Besides, there’s a skill point event with an enemy mesmer called Vilnia Shadowsong who can summon raven phantasms. Why can’t we do that too?

I can already picture more phantasms, like a Phantasmal Minotaur that uses a charge attack that launches the target.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

(edited by Hermes.7014)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shriketalon.1937

Shriketalon.1937

If they really wanted to bring the master of the mind/illusionist feel, they should make phantasms change aesthetics based on the target.

It would be really easy. Every enemy has a type (bandit, nightmare court, griffin, elemental), and the tonic system is already well designed to allow plenty of transformations. The Mesmer could cast a phantasm (for example, one that inflicts a second of fear every eight seconds for interrupt spam, or one that constantly creates smaller versions of itself the longer it is alive to swarm the foe) that changes its shape based on the target.

So you point at a bandit, yell “You are covered in bees!”, and lo, the Phantom Pain appears as a swarm of stinging insects, making him scream “Ahhh, I’m covered in bees!”. But when you face a skale, it appears a large drake out to eat it. Fight a griffin, and it looks like a lightning elemental. Fight a nightmare courtier, and it looks like a giant phosphorescent fireball. Every enemy has a weakness and everything fears something else. Get a simple tonic script to read the enemy type and shapechange into a preset form, and you have an illusionist who can bring the enemy’s nightmares to life with a flick of the wrist.

in Mesmer

Artyport.2084

I say no to illusions that dont look like ourselves.

However im all for new phantasms providing more utility.

That’s what I’m asking for phantasms that are not just purple reskins of the mesmer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

But no one is confused by phantasms. So these would just be purple illusions of other things. You guys are boring

I wouldn’t say no one is confused by our phantasms at all, especially if you know how to hide in them.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: calavel.6249

calavel.6249

I like the idea, but the problem is that the fact that clones look like you serves an important purpose – no, most people are not fooled by them for more than a few seconds, but those seconds could be vital. In PvE, sure. In PvP/WvW, I need my clones as much for distraction as for damage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: VonKreep.6598

VonKreep.6598

How do you all feel about mesmer minions, like the hallucinations from the current living story. What if these were only visible to the person they were cast on? Only destroyed by the person they were cast on?

Would be kinda hilarious in WvW/PvP to see someone just in open field trying to kill things that are not there.

in Mesmer

Artyport.2084

I like the idea, but the problem is that the fact that clones look like you serves an important purpose – no, most people are not fooled by them for more than a few seconds, but those seconds could be vital. In PvE, sure. In PvP/WvW, I need my clones as much for distraction as for damage.

But I’m not talking about clones!
Phantasms is what they would be. And absolutely no one is mistaking us for one of those purple shiny things.

I just want to summon a shiny purple butterfly that heals.