iwarden moving?

iwarden moving?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

I cast it, stands near the target, does all his spins, and if the target has changed the position, it moves near the new localization. It has been always like that?

EDIT: Did some more tests. You have to go far away from your target, then the target has to go far away from the warden. Then the warden moves.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

(edited by Ryn.6459)

iwarden moving?

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

yes

iwarden moving?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

You don’t have to move. He will only move if he loses LoS.

iwarden moving?

in Mesmer

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

I.Warden’s AI is still strange.

It THINKS it has a maximum range of either 900 or 1,200 units. So he will move similar to how G.Sword clones, Staff clones, I.Mage, I.Duelist, and I.Warlock will move. Ie, will go after a target if it doesn’t have line of sight. Will chase after a target outside of its maximum range (until it gets into range), but stops once it gets into “range”.

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

iwarden moving?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hexxen.7216

Hexxen.7216

I actually kind of hope that the iWarden not moving isn’t a mistake. I REALLY like it not moving.

iwarden moving?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

^this is correct… or if they move out of summoning range

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

iwarden moving?

in Mesmer

Esplen.3940

^this is correct… or if they move out of summoning range

Yeah, but odds are, they’ll be out of LoS if they move out of Summoning Range.

iwarden moving?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

I’m pretty sure it’s less than summoning range. Around 900 range sounds closer to the correct value.

iwarden moving?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Alot phantasms have a stupid AI.

as of the original question:
MLieBennett is right. iWarden thinks it’s a ranger. Follows the target to ~900 distance or LoS.

But that’s not the only stupid behaviour. Best examples would be asuran fractal – the jumping puzzle-like one.
- iWarden spawns in melee near the target, not protecting you with reflect.
- iDefender spawns next to you, not the target – being a melee phantasm
- iDisenchanter spawns near the target – being a ranged phantasm

Seriously ANet, make Phantasms ground targeted, let us choose the location. Not making them individual beings. Since we have an enemy targeted anyways, make them fixed on it and just let us select the spawning location (even for regeneration issues).

iwarden moving?

in Mesmer

Esplen.3940

Seriously ANet, make Phantasms ground targeted, let us choose the location. Not making them individual beings. Since we have an enemy targeted anyways, make them fixed on it and just let us select the spawning location (even for regeneration issues).

Would also fix iLeap.

iwarden moving?

in Mesmer

Ryn.6459

Feeling so noob… So, another question. Any tip to control where the warden is spawn?

iwarden moving?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Feeling so noob… So, another question. Any tip to control where the warden is spawn?

Spawns on the target. That’s it.

iwarden moving?

in Mesmer

Ryn.6459

Noob, but not so much. X-D I meant: spawns randomnly on target vicinity or depens on your position?

iwarden moving?

in Mesmer

Esplen.3940

Noob, but not so much. X-D I meant: spawns randomnly on target vicinity or depens on your position?

Randomly around the enemy. If you’re using it in WvW, you can start with a Temporal Curtain —> Start Casting iWarden —> Before iWarden finishes, cast Into The Void —> iWarden finishes on a knocked-down enemy.

If you’re using it in PvE, just drop it on an enemy. If it spawns behind, it won’t reflect (as much), but it won’t die to melee, either.. at least, it’ll have a lower chance to.

iwarden moving?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

I got the feeling that is randomly spawns around the target with the most room (priorized randomization). This means that if you’re casting it on one person out of three (standing in a triangle), it’ll most likely be away from the other persons, only hitting the targeted one. Being an excellent AoE skill (sarcasm).

Another reason to make them ground targeted. Cast them on the wall, perpare curtain and pull them into your AoE … like other classes.

@iLeap
I wouldn’t really like clones to be like that as well. Why?

• Scepter #1-3 (AA 3rd hit)
  • Scepter #2
  • Deceptive Evasion
  • GS #2
  • Staff #2
  • Mirror Images
  • Downed #2
  • Decoy
    They all work pretty bad with targetting.

iwarden moving?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I’m pretty sure it’s less than summoning range. Around 900 range sounds closer to the correct value.

After playing around with it tonight, yea it is a bit less then summoning range.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa