lazy illusions?

lazy illusions?

in Mesmer

Posted by: AnniMira.2506

AnniMira.2506

Today in WvW, a fellow mesmer had pistol 4 illusion shooting at the gate. I switched to pistol too but my pistol 4 illusion did not shoot the targeted gate – the illusion just did stand there the whole time.

Too many times I have seen how gs 4 phantasms do nothing or are just running after enemy doing no damage. And now this.

I wish mesmer’s illusions would be more active. In WvW, the enemies are not like PvE bosses. Enemy kite around, goes to stealth fast – no room for lazy and day-dreaming illusions.

lazy illusions?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Today in WvW, a fellow mesmer had pistol 4 illusion shooting at the gate. I switched to pistol too but my pistol 4 illusion did not shoot the targeted gate – the illusion just did stand there the whole time.

This happens pretty often, illusions will bug out on gates a good amount of the time. That being said, it doesn’t really matter since gates are obviously almost impervious to normal damage.

Too many times I have seen how gs 4 phantasms do nothing or are just running after enemy doing no damage. And now this.

This, on the other hand, doesn’t actually happen. You seem to have a more or less unending string of complaints about mesmer mechanics that happen literally only to you. I’m thinking it’s either stuff you’re making up, or massive hardware/software problems happening on your end.

lazy illusions?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

This happens pretty often, illusions will bug out on gates a good amount of the time. That being said, it doesn’t really matter since gates are obviously almost impervious to normal damage.

This, on the other hand, doesn’t actually happen. You seem to have a more or less unending string of complaints about mesmer mechanics that happen literally only to you. I’m thinking it’s either stuff you’re making up, or massive hardware/software problems happening on your end.

If you don’t engage the gate, your phantasm might not/won’t either.

As for GS4, he does run around after his target a lot of the time. This is between attacks as he tracks his target. When he does attack though the damage is in the thousands.

lazy illusions?

in Mesmer

AnniMira.2506

I have been asked to use gs4 for gates. Having pistol 4 shooting the gate would have been nice in this case. It is standard way to help with the gates.

I have seen gs4 phantasms running after a running enemy. Their spins does not hit because enemy runs away? I would like to see this verified with video so that nobody makes false claims. Not me, not you.

I have to verify it: if I hit the gate, then illusion do shoot the gate. That means if I use pistol 4 on enemy player and start running away or just kiteing, the illusionist does not shoot enemy. That would be bad.

Yes, I complain about mesmer because my 12y daughter selected mesmer – a girly character – as first character and now she has useless char which requires a nerd mastery to be anything useful. She plays (male charr) warrior now.

lazy illusions?

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

I have been asked to use gs4 for gates. Having pistol 4 shooting the gate would have been nice in this case. It is standard way to help with the gates.

If you’re actually being asked to cast phantasms on gates to help with dps, then whoever asked you has no idea what they’re doing. If you’re in a big enough group to be face-rubbing a gate down, you should be super-ramming it instead.

I have to verify it: if I hit the gate, then illusion do shoot the gate. That means if I use pistol 4 on enemy player and start running away or just kiteing, the illusionist does not shoot enemy. That would be bad.

What?

Yes, I complain about mesmer because my 12y daughter selected mesmer – a girly character – as first character and now she has useless char which requires a nerd mastery to be anything useful. She plays (male charr) warrior now.

No, I think you misunderstood me. There’s tons of things that are valid to be complained about on mesmer — and people complain (including myself) about them all the time. You just always seem to have really odd problems that literally nobody else encounters.

lazy illusions?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

iZerker on a gate can be useful, as it will cleave through it and damage people repairing from the other side.

Still, staff eles are doing this job way better.

I never (or rarely enough to not remember it) had my phantasms bug out on me. I don’t use focus that much, though.

lazy illusions?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blades of Sabatine.5639

Blades of Sabatine.5639

I have had my GS illusion bug out, it get stuck in terrain on spawn or after attack. i even made a video of this on a test geom.

lazy illusions?

in Mesmer

Posted by: denis.9487

denis.9487

To be fair the Zerg has been asked to pvd a door. Played damage door as they are ramming golem whatever. The request does happen. I agree the damage is trivial but every little bit helps.

lazy illusions?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

To be fair the Zerg has been asked to pvd a door. Played damage door as they are ramming golem whatever. The request does happen. I agree the damage is trivial but every little bit helps.

Well; even if you just do the total damage of one or two ram-hits… it might be just what you need to cap the structure before the enemy zerg arrives.

lazy illusions?

in Mesmer

Posted by: denis.9487

denis.9487

I am not disagreeing. The statement was in reference to face rubbing a door.

lazy illusions?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

Also if they happen to disable the rams all you could do is kitten the gate.
I usually attack score few auto attacks first before deploying phantasms, that way they rarely bug out.

lazy illusions?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

Illusions exist for such a short time they’re probably distracted by the wonders of being alive. You think your iZerkers are doing nothing but they’re really deep in existential thoughts and when they’re endlessly chasing an enemy they’re actually frolicking with them.

lazy illusions?

in Mesmer

AnniMira.2506

Gates can be taken without rams. The start is slow but end 30% goes easily. If they slightly fix the gate in middle of our attack, it can be taken down without rams.

Mesmer’s weak power can be seen when enemy rams are destroyed. I use all what I have with gs + sword/* and shatters, but it takes minutes. Warrior and the like melts the ram down pretty fast. They always come to help.

lazy illusions?

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Gates can be taken without rams.

This is a true statement. That doesn’t mean that it’s efficient or quick to do it that way.

The start is slow but end 30% goes easily.

…wat

If they slightly fix the gate in middle of our attack, it can be taken down without rams.

This is true by the axiom of ‘a gate can be taken down without rams’. I’m not sure how it’s relevant otherwise.

Mesmer’s weak power can be seen when enemy rams are destroyed. I use all what I have with gs + sword/* and shatters, but it takes minutes. Warrior and the like melts the ram down pretty fast. They always come to help.

If the argument you’re trying to make is that mesmers do less damage than warriors autoattacking…I’m not sure why you’re bothering. It’s not like this is a hidden fact that nobody acknowledges. Warriors do far more damage than mesmers do when not purely looking at burst damage. This doesn’t make mesmers useless, nor does it necessarily make warriors overpowered.

lazy illusions?

in Mesmer

AnniMira.2506

Show me videos what happens when warrior attacks you. Don’t attack warrior – let him use axe/mace on you first and then greatsword, for example.

I have seen too many videos where our hero attacks noobs etc. Let warrior which can solo Arah attack you.

lazy illusions?

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Show me videos what happens when warrior attacks you. Don’t attack warrior – let him use axe/mace on you first and then greatsword, for example.

I have seen too many videos where our hero attacks noobs etc. Let warrior which can solo Arah attack you.

…wat

I’m curious as to what possible point you’re trying to make by having a warrior autoattack you to death.

lazy illusions?

in Mesmer

AnniMira.2506

Fay, why are you bringing auto-attacking warriors to discussion? Stop.

In WvW, enemies that roam and attack (not run away) are exp. Most often I’m locked down and wrecked in that spot. A skilled mesmer friend have experience the same treat. If what they do, requires e.g. warrior only auto-attack, I sure wish similar simplicity for mesmer.

(If you are in Europe/Gunnar’s Hold, lets roam together for a while. I search for enemies for you.)

lazy illusions?

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Fay, why are you bringing auto-attacking warriors to discussion? Stop.

I’m sorry, did I bring auto-attacking warriors into the discussion? I was under the impression that this:

describes in rather precise detail letting a warrior auto-attack you to death. I must have misinterpreted ‘stand in one spot and let the warrior attack you without attacking back’. Kindly, explain to me what that possibly could mean if not letting a warrior auto-attack you to death.

As far as dying to a warrior goes, I don’t think I’ve died to a warrior in WvW in a year. Generally I’m killed from condie load due to either an engie that I didn’t notice or a surprise signet of spite.