lvling build please

lvling build please

in Mesmer

Posted by: grimfeather.7519

grimfeather.7519

Whats the current popular lvling build, im pretty new and have just hit lvl11. Iv heard that staff and sword + sword/sword is a good lvling weapon combo but im not positive, also suggestions on some good traits to pick would be greatly appreciated. Lastly when is a good time to start participating in wvw pvp

lvling build please

in Mesmer

Posted by: keytoeverything.1765

keytoeverything.1765

Staff is great for lvl’ing, I used http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgEQNAW8alwzaqHTTqGZ9IhpHBv3IHlCtndSKKdrB I use a completely different build now.

Here, watch this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eZ0NNd7b60&feature=plcp
That’s Part 1 of a very impressive Mesmer build that Mr. Prometheus made, watch all 4 parts, you’ll learn all kinds of builds and best way to lvl.

Also, you can start PvP at anytime, you’ll be upskaled to lvl 80 and have all kinds of PvP armor to choose from so you won’t get rolled by anyone. for WvW you should maybe get to 40 so you have access to all utilities/elite skills, and have at least 20 trait points in something, you’ll be upskaled to 80 in there as well, but you’ll be using your own armor and traits.

(edited by keytoeverything.1765)

lvling build please

in Mesmer

keytoeverything.1765

lol to that first link, scratch the pistol, I used a torch for lvl’ing, pistol is what I use now.

lvling build please

in Mesmer

grimfeather.7519

I just keep dying i dunno im finding the mesmer damage pretty pathetic even for a low lvl

lvling build please

in Mesmer

keytoeverything.1765

Mesmer’s have really high dps

lvling build please

in Mesmer

grimfeather.7519

yea maybe if they can get past 40, as it is now im not sure ill have the patience as lvling as one right now doesnt seem worth the hassle, all i do is die over and over

lvling build please

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kilauea.4217

Kilauea.4217

I leveled with GS mostly and sword/pistol occasionally. Just stack power + precision with it.

lvling build please

in Mesmer

Posted by: SallyStitches.4096

SallyStitches.4096

Go with a staff, and you’ll do great. Your other weapon choice is up to you, really. I would recommend sword/focus for Temporal Curtain so you can travel faster around the map, but that’s subjective. Keep your illusions up at all times, too. I would highly recommend going at least 20 into Dueling for the ability to create a clone when dodging, as it can be lifesaving. The rest are really up to you. There is no “wrong” way to level, honestly. Just find a build that suites you.

lvling build please

in Mesmer

Posted by: Genesis.3295

Genesis.3295

im using a condition build with staff/swords and have been flying through content 100 times easier than with my engie, thief, and guardian combined.