mantras affectin allies

mantras affectin allies

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

There is a interesting pist that has been deleted in necro forum… you should check it. thing is, what if mantras would affect near allies? I think it would be huge and that would increase more needed build diversity.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

mantras affectin allies

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Well, the leaked patchnotes show such a behaviour to the cleansening mantra. Not just yourself, but you also remove two conditions from up to 5 allies (yourself + 4).

Personally, I think it’s too strong. I previously suggested such supportive features to mantras before. Unlockable with traits or always active would’t matter. But giving all mantra 100% AoE effects is too strong. I’d agree with Cleansening Mantra to remove a single conditions on 5 allies and an additional condition from yourself. For stability mantra I’d like to see 2s AoE stability + 2s selfstability (+ stunbreak) with a 4s (/5s ?) recharge. Granting 2s stability is just not enough for anything and giving your allies a single second … well. Mantra of Pain could also get an AoE effect, like “100% dmg to target, 50% damage to up to 4 foes” without making it overpowered (I think). No clue howto AoE-ize the daze mantra or how to make healing mantra AoE, usefull and not overpowered.

I assume they’re testing supportive mantra abilities with this patch (if the leaks are true). If they work out, we might see them on future patches for other mantras as well.

mantras affectin allies

in Mesmer

Posted by: WitchKing.5317

WitchKing.5317

I hope that the daze mantra is buffed. Mantra’s need something to spice them up, not just as defensive support skills but also as offensive weapons (i.e the daze or pain mantra’s)

Fanged Wisdom- [BBQ]/[OMFG]
The Corrupt Mesmer Builds

mantras affectin allies

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

tell us more about the leaks :O

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

mantras affectin allies

in Mesmer

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Slightly reducing mantra effectiveness but giving them aoe features would totally be ok to me.

As offense Pain and Distraction affecting more targets would be huge.

As defense Concentration and Cleansing removing condies and giving stability to allies would be even greater.

So far leaks only refers to Cleansing Mantra tho.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

mantras affectin allies

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Well, the leaked patchnotes show such a behaviour to the cleansening mantra. Not just yourself, but you also remove two conditions from up to 5 allies (yourself + 4).

Actually, that’s not what it said.
From the way it was worded, it could very much imply that instead of cleansing ourselves, we cleanse up to 5 allies in the area.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

mantras affectin allies

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

^
It’s most likely implemented as Restorative Mantras, but a new priorization level has been added

1. Yourself
  2. Party
  3. players
  4. npcs and minions