mesmer legendary weapon?

mesmer legendary weapon?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

so before i rush to get a minstrel focus id like to know about other peoples legendary mesmer weapons?

What weapon do people mostly have equipped?

Personally i see my self using sword/focus while leveling and in wvw a lot.
Has evade,root, zerg wide swiftness and a anti-projectile phantom.

i use torch when i wanna quick stealth to chain with decoy when i wish to grab a JP end chest guarded by a big scary mob.

I use gs and staff mostly for pvp, sometimes i use scepter pistol to have some burst damage before i switch to sword/focus.

so yeah, im looking for some oppinions about what weapons do you mostly use and in what kind of builds as mesmers.

Mine seems to be a focus (tho im still only a lv 40 mesmer so what do i know what waits me in dungeons and fractals)

mesmer legendary weapon?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Calliope.8675

Calliope.8675

I have Twilight on my first mesmer and Bolt on my second mesmer. Pyro has the Bard to make the Minstrel, or he did anyway. Some people have made a case for the gun, it gives you a purple aura when you are wielding it. I see plenty of mesmers with the Bifrost as well.

mesmer legendary weapon?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Plenty of Mesmers complain about pistol since its effect/sound only comes out on pistol 5.

I have Rodgort, because I’m amazing.

Plenty of people on all classes have the sword. It’s the sword, what more do you need.

mesmer legendary weapon?

in Mesmer

Posted by: mugen.4763

mugen.4763

I have the Meteorlogicus, Bolt, Quip, Rodgort and Eternity. My mesmer is spoiled xD

Mugen Tsukuyomi [ABC]
Sorrow’s Furnace

mesmer legendary weapon?

in Mesmer

Posted by: jenzie.4083

jenzie.4083

I’ve bought a silly amount of rare skins instead of legendary weapon(s).

Unofficially I do want Bolt, Twilight and Quip.. and a warrior with dual moots. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPKu0a6AvAw

mesmer legendary weapon?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

The only one I intend to eventually get is the Bifrost.

All the greatswords are like wielding colourful planks of wood, the sword only comes in electric flavour (I would get fed up with that very quickly), the Zenith scepter, focus (and the anomaly), pistol and torch all look better than the legendary skins, personally.

Hoping they introduce new legendaries in 2015, as well as new weapons for us.

mesmer legendary weapon?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

I don’t use focus much except for swiftness. I’d love to get Twilight or Sunrise but I’m too poor and too lazy to farm.

Pineapples rule

mesmer legendary weapon?

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Currently have Twilight and I have all of the gifts for The Bifrost, I just need The Legend.

And I also have Fractal pistol, Fractal GS, and the Fractal spear.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

mesmer legendary weapon?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

I’d suggest going for them in what ever order you use most to least, For me that was Bolt, Bifrost, Minstrel, Sunrise, Kamoholi Katoki, Kraitkin, Meteorologicus, Quip, and finally Rodgort.

I tend to change specs frequently so I like to be able to change weapons for what ever style I happen to feel like playing. Though Most of the time I always up with a sword equipped.

If you see yourself going sword/focus a lot, I would suggest making the sword first. You can pair sword with the scepter, focus, pistol, torch, and 2nd sword. So you will likely have it equipped more often. (also the sword gives you the cheaty dual legendary look as you can skin another sword to go with your bolt!)

As far as graphics go, I like most of them, some I wish had a little more “life likeness” and most interact pretty well with Mesmer… Some pros/cons to graphics for us..

Bolt: works fully for both hands, footprints + aura + flashy slashing sound effect that plays WAY to late during the animation.

Minstrel: off hand only, no foot prints, no aura, it does have a higher density of music notes now so it’s almost noticeable! (I actually really like the graphic for this one, I just wish it had a little more WOW)

Bifrost: works great, foot prints + aura. Most importantly rainbow mesmers are pretty (this is really the only reason I wanted it)!

Sunrise: Same as bifrost except no rainbows.

Kamohoali katoki: Down side is it’s underwater… Other then that it’s awesome! (summons ghost sharks on crits, but it only works for mesmers 2)

Kraitkin: also underwater, and for some reason clones are unable to hold it (you create them but they don’t have a weapon equipped)

Rodgort: Really cool looking torch, and the foot prints are pretty good, however if you plan on getting meteo or bolt to go with it… the foot prints will never show:/

Quip: “Fun” foot prints, the sound only works on our 5:/

Meteorologicus: Love the improved look for this one! Foot prints are a little extreme for my taste but other then that not bad:)

mesmer legendary weapon?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Calliope.8675

Calliope.8675

Kraitkin: also underwater, and for some reason clones are unable to hold it (you create them but they don’t have a weapon equipped)

Also lacking in the WOW factor. The skin itself is nice, but other than that there is no real noticeable effect. =( I loved it up until that point. My mesmers use Mirage and Ignus Fatuus underwater, but I am planning to make Kotaki for my guard. =3

mesmer legendary weapon?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Yea, it’s aura is kind of a muddy mess (looks like clouds and cat hairballs). If A-net increased the density of fishies swimming around the weapon it would actually look pretty good though ^^;

mesmer legendary weapon?

in Mesmer

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

Presently, I only have 2 legendary weapons. Meteorlogicus (used with my torment set) and Minstrel (used a lot).

However, for GS I would suggest instead of any legendary since the mesmer auto-attack doesn’t exploit legendaries effects much, you should go for the Chiroptophobia! I have mine skinned on an ascended GS. Best, GS for a mesmer, hands down. During auto-attack the bats literally spin outward from the sword and the best part is your clones with their GS also generate bats.

mesmer legendary weapon?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

Twilight sunrise,bolt,meteorologist,and the bifrost are really the only good picks.

Twilight mesm is we’re its at though imo…..sigh if I can just get my hand on a fractal sword -_-

Attachments:

mesmer legendary weapon?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

The GS is too mainstream and “everyone” has it. You rarely see a quip and it makes it more special rather than annoying when you hear a POOCK once in a while. The glow of the quip is nice but it would be cool when the phants would use it too. However all other weapons, especially sword and torch – are ugly… like most legis.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”