mesmer question

mesmer question

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eddbopkins.2630

Eddbopkins.2630

isnt conditions supposed to be damage over time? so why does youre condi burst do 10k+ instant damage?

mesmer question

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Not our fault that you’re spamming skills and turning damage over time into an instakill…

mesmer question

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Are you sure you were hit by a condi burst and not a power shatter burst? Either way our primary condis are confusion and torment, so like Fay said if you are spamming skills you will take a metric kittenton of confusion damage before you cleanse it after a burst

mesmer question

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Mesmer’s primary conditions are confusion and torment, , the effects of which are weak, but become significantly stronger if you use a skill or move respectively when they are on you. Confusion does a lot more damage for every skill you use, and I don’t think there’s an ICD either. Some skills like Rev’s Unrelenting Assault will proc confusion for all attacks, which can be nearly all of the Rev’s health. Torment’s damage is doubled when moving, which you just have to do in PvP (and is one reason why I think Anet needs to reduce torment duration on skills across the board), so again, something like Unrelenting Assault will make you move and therefore you’ll take twice as much torment damage as you would if you were sitting still. So in some cases, using one skill at the wrong time after being condi bombed by a Mesmer can kill you without the Mesmer needing to do anything. All you need to do is spam your skills and you end up killing yourself.

mesmer question

in Mesmer

Posted by: DeathReign.7821

DeathReign.7821

Why do you guys even bother replying? This wasn’t a genuine question, it was a “QQ MESMAR OP” thread. Chances are OP isn’t even going to respond but if he/she does, it’ll not add anything to the conversation except perhaps the occasional “nerf Mesmers” or “condi cheese Mesmers op”.

I would love to be proven wrong but we’ve seen so many of these threads.

Kiss the chaos.

mesmer question

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Why do you guys even bother replying? This wasn’t a genuine question, it was a “QQ MESMAR OP” thread. Chances are OP isn’t even going to respond but if he/she does, it’ll not add anything to the conversation except perhaps the occasional “nerf Mesmers” or “condi cheese Mesmers op”.

I would love to be proven wrong but we’ve seen so many of these threads.

To educate him/her. On the off chance that they do come back and read through this thread they might realize that they just didn’t understand how mesmer works, which may prevent them from being one of those eggheads who just shout “NERF MESMER MOAR” every patch without any reason.

mesmer question

in Mesmer

Eddbopkins.2630

It’s really funny that some of you think I don’t read my own thread who wouldn’t. I main ele s/f I forgot confusion is d damage on skill use so when I switch to air 3-4 skills go off pretty much at once so that where then hi spike damage probably comes from, I notice 5 stacks of confusion was a ticking me for about 1.2k not too bad so I attacked and then lost 10k+ instantly, I used cleansing fire right after switching to air and losing 10k then I went down having 13k hp is such a handicap it just ruins all fairness and equality in a 1v1.

mesmer question

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

^ lol

Yeah 13k HPs with ridiculous self healing and perma protection. ;-)

Forgive me if I don’t cry alligator tears for eles and fairness. :-D

mesmer question

in Mesmer

DeathReign.7821

I forgot confusion is d damage on skill use

So it’s an l2p issue on your part, not a Mesmer one. /thread.

Kiss the chaos.

mesmer question

in Mesmer

Eddbopkins.2630

I don’t know if it’s 100% l2p, it not having a internal cool dow kinda makes it unchallenged in damage potenial. When I cleared 5 stacks with cleansing fire those 5 stacks did full damage to be when I activated a cleans skill. Since I have the stack on me befor activating it, once I click cleans the confusion does full damage then it’s cleared making cleansing a double edge sword, well more like a single edge that I stab my self with befor clearing takes affect.
Since attunement switching causes some effects regen water, protection earth, fire might flame blast, Air swiftness and lightingstrike, it seems to do extra unessasary damage that puts eles in a worse state when fighting confusion

(edited by Eddbopkins.2630)

mesmer question

in Mesmer

DeathReign.7821

I don’t know if it’s 100% l2p, it not having a internal cool dow kinda makes it unchallenged in damage potenial. When I cleared 5 stacks with cleansing fire those 5 stacks did full damage to be when I activated a cleans skill. Since I have the stack on me befor activating it, once I click cleans the confusion does full damage then it’s cleared making cleansing a double edge sword, well more like a single edge that I stab my self with befor clearing takes affect.
Since attunement switching causes some effects regen water, protection earth, fire might flame blast, Air swiftness and lightingstrike, it seems to do extra unessasary damage that puts eles in a worse state when fighting confusion

AFAIK 1 step cleanses do not proc confusion damage provided it is confusion that is being cleansed. 2 step cleanses do. To put this into ele terms, Cleansing Fire procs confusion damage since it is a 2 step cleanse (deals aoe damage first, cleanses second). Swapping to water when traited should not proc confusion stacks providing you cleanse the confusion. Don’t hold me to it though, as I haven’t tested it myself.

Regardless, proccing 5 stacks of confusion once to cleanse it with Cleansing Fire will not wrack up 10k damage. You died because you mindlessly spammed your scepter 2/3 skills in air after swapping to it. That part is purely L2P.

About your point on “unchallenged damage potential”, if someone hits you with a skill, logic dictates that it should have some effect. The gravity of that effect depends on how you handle it.
If I were to successfully hit you from stealth with a power shatter combo, you should drop or at least be very close to death. Same with condition skills. If you get hit by shatters (extremely obviously telegraphed, dodgable skills), you should be punished. Simple as that.

All in all, it is indeed an L2P issue on your part.

Kiss the chaos.

mesmer question

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Yeah, it’s 100% l2p. If you faceroll your keyboard for a fresh air combo with confusion on you, you’re going to die. If you pay attention to the game and cleanse it first, you won’t die. That’s essentially what an l2p problem is.

mesmer question

in Mesmer

Eddbopkins.2630

if i clear 1st with just 5 stack of confusion along with a few stacks of torments and 3 other condis to early you fools just put them right back on me with no down time in-between and 5 stack is nothing iv been bombed for up to 20stack at once. the amount of condi replication after you enemy has cleared the condis is to much.

mesmer question

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

if i clear 1st with just 5 stack of confusion along with a few stacks of torments and 3 other condis to early you fools just put them right back on me with no down time in-between and 5 stack is nothing iv been bombed for up to 20stack at once. the amount of condi replication after you enemy has cleared the condis is to much.

I know that this might be a lot to ask, but have you tried dodging? I’ve had great success with it myself.

mesmer question

in Mesmer

Eddbopkins.2630

dodging is great when you have 3 clones coming at you from different distances, so you dodge 2 and still have the 3rd clone to deal with. cant double dodge not enough frames to get it done, clone speed is so fast not enough time to target and destroy so the 3rd one is a hit. and not only does one clone apply confusion it also applys 3-5 other condis. if i clear with my most usefull condi cleans cleansing fire i get hit for enormous damage, if i just keep the little 5 stacks of confusion and torment along with 2-3 other condis i bleed out faster then you think with only 13k hp and the inability to counter attack do to back lash damage. just not enough counter play to the relentless condi that is mes to make it a fair fun fight.
If you were to have resistance to that particular condi after clearing for at most 2 seconds just so it cant be re-applied and spammed right after some one uses there one and only 32 second condi cleans skill things wouldnt be so one sided. i use water and clear on regen as well so cleansing fire would clear 4 condis for me. then i have water 1 more, (1 cleans about every 10 secs attunment recharge and switchign time) then i have scepter 3 to cleas as well for 18 sec cd. while the condi mes can just re-apply the same set of and amount of condi that was originally put on me. and now i have no counter play to zed build.

mesmer question

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

So I could go through that paragraph of verbal vomit and explain precisely how almost everything you said was wrong, but it’s simply not worth the effort. I’ll leave you with this instead:

You have no clue what you’re talking about and clearly have a very poor understanding of game mechanics. I recommend spending some quality time on the wiki learning about the game before making more complaint posts on the forums.

mesmer question

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

dodging is great when you have 3 clones coming at you from different distances, so you dodge 2 and still have the 3rd clone to deal with. cant double dodge not enough frames to get it done, clone speed is so fast not enough time to target and destroy so the 3rd one is a hit. and not only does one clone apply confusion it also applys 3-5 other condis. if i clear with my most usefull condi cleans cleansing fire i get hit for enormous damage, if i just keep the little 5 stacks of confusion and torment along with 2-3 other condis i bleed out faster then you think with only 13k hp and the inability to counter attack do to back lash damage. just not enough counter play to the relentless condi that is mes to make it a fair fun fight.
If you were to have resistance to that particular condi after clearing for at most 2 seconds just so it cant be re-applied and spammed right after some one uses there one and only 32 second condi cleans skill things wouldnt be so one sided. i use water and clear on regen as well so cleansing fire would clear 4 condis for me. then i have water 1 more, (1 cleans about every 10 secs attunment recharge and switchign time) then i have scepter 3 to cleas as well for 18 sec cd. while the condi mes can just re-apply the same set of and amount of condi that was originally put on me. and now i have no counter play to zed build.

There are ways to counter the meta condi mesmer. First is dodge the illusion shatters, admittedly sure, that can be difficult due to super speed clones. But still, shatters only inflict confusion and torment so your claim of 3-5 condis is absolutely false.

The biggest thing you need to l2p on is, counter the shield phantasm. If you can’t do that, you will lose almost 100% of your duels with the meta condi mesmer. The way to do this is to dodge it by waiting until the shield block has channeled fully and dodge or blind, depending on your build. You can even spend a distortion on it or blurred frenzy. That alone will greatly decrease the chronomancer’s ability to keep up illusions and thus, lessen the effectiveness of their shatters.

So yes, this is 100% a l2p issue, you need to duel condi mesmers a lot in order to effectively survive against or counter them.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

mesmer question

in Mesmer

Eddbopkins.2630

swarry for my ignorance gods of gw,